PDA

View Full Version : Shareaza

xxxSHARExxx
12-08-2003, 05:08 PM
is shareaza faster than kazaa lite cus im getting 300kb/s in shareaza while in kazaa lite im getting about 60kb - 100kb/s

Sparkle1984
12-08-2003, 06:17 PM
You've been tricked I'm afraid. shareaza show the speed in Kilo-bits per second, as opposed to kilo-bytes. So you have to divide the shareaza number by 8 to get the true number (because there are 8 bits in a byte).

xxxSHARExxx
12-08-2003, 06:40 PM
thanx

3rd gen noob
12-08-2003, 06:45 PM
you can change the units in the options menu :)

camille
12-08-2003, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by 3rd gen noob@9 December 2003 - 01:45
you can change the units in the options menu :)
I agree with you, buddy. Base to my experienced Klite is faster than Shareaza and it's very difficult to connect.

mooseman2070
12-09-2003, 01:20 AM
does shareaza have less fakes and/or good qual files?

abu_has_the_power
12-09-2003, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by mooseman2070@8 December 2003 - 20:20
yea. its emule using the shareaza gui. i hope theres a way to speed it up, but there isn't

camille
12-09-2003, 02:19 AM
Shareaza if far far behind in Klite.

junkyardking
12-09-2003, 02:48 AM
Originally posted by abu_has_the_power+9 December 2003 - 01:26--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (abu_has_the_power @ 9 December 2003 - 01:26)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-mooseman2070@8 December 2003 - 20:20
yea. its emule using the shareaza gui. i hope theres a way to speed it up, but there isn&#39;t [/b][/quote]
Actualy the emule/edonkey network is seperate from shareaza own network Gnutella 2.

muchspl2
12-09-2003, 03:07 AM
I would be very suprised if shereaza network took off

junkyardking
12-09-2003, 04:46 AM
Originally posted by muchspl2@9 December 2003 - 03:07
80,000 and climbing :D

chinook_apache
12-09-2003, 12:33 PM
shareaza is atcually very fast for me... i use it to get bit torrent files...cant be asked with the bt program. the gnutella servers are pretty good and takes usually a good 2 mins for me to connect to all the servers i need to connect to.
speed wise very good.
i like the gui it is very simple and user friendly.
shareaza should also integrate the sig2dat as well since its got ed2k and .torrrent

Amarjit
12-09-2003, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by muchspl2@9 December 2003 - 03:07
Firstly, Shareaza&#39;s premium network is G2, so why would it be taken off? It is IMO the best designed network; it&#39;s overhead is low, and there is a lack of degrading files. Lastly, Gnutella2 is decentralised, unlike crappy KL++, which is semi-decentralised.

Mudvayne
12-09-2003, 08:09 PM
One thing is true there are less fakes and the music has better quality. :D

Neo 721
12-10-2003, 12:32 AM
Shareaza apears to handle Bittorent downloads alot better than anything else, even faster than the official client.

muchspl2
12-10-2003, 06:38 AM
Originally posted by Neo 721@9 December 2003 - 19:32
Shareaza apears to handle Bittorent downloads alot better than anything else, even faster than the official client.
its a trick, don&#39;t believe the speeds you see, very common mistake ;)
its kb&#39;s not KB&#39;s

Jay
12-10-2003, 07:09 AM
shareaza is faster that k-lite, when i&#39;m using it for bittoret files.

Cotton
12-12-2003, 03:25 AM
Shareaza Sucks ass.

SingaBoiy
12-12-2003, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Cotton@12 December 2003 - 03:25
Shareaza Sucks ass.
Shareaza kicks ass*
I hardly use k-lite anymore

BullWinkle
12-13-2003, 08:39 AM
I think shareaza is great, can usually download a game in about 3 hours whereas it usually took me about a week with k-lite, add to this the fact that I have never had a corrupt download from shareaza so I never use k-lite anymore.

specialk87
12-15-2003, 05:38 AM
i am actually using shareaza to download max payne 2, im downloading as sick speeds, right now im at 200 Kilo-Bytes per second, not bad considering is a 1.4gig .torrent.

muchspl2
12-15-2003, 05:49 AM
gods knows why I have this crusade against shareaza, but if you had shadows client it would be even faster, check the bittorrent section on getting the best speeds from bittorrent, that is directed for anyone that only uses it for torrents

OutCast
12-15-2003, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by Mudvayne@9 December 2003 - 21:09
One thing is true there are less fakes and the music has better quality. :D
Amen, that is the main reason why I have stopped using Kazza Lite, is the fact that there are so many corrupt and fake files. I never had a problem with corruption with Shareaza ever since I used it around May and I have been very happy with it (except for the very poor eDonkey support).

I use mIRC for downloading huge applications and games and Shareaza for music and small applications. And finally, warez if I&#39;m really desperate. :)

aserty
12-16-2003, 05:39 PM
Shareaza isn&#39;t too much slower the K-lite IMO, but when you have to download five or ten files from K-lite to get a good one, Shareaza is much faster.

jackc
12-16-2003, 07:16 PM
Well, IMO Shereaza has the following excellent features:

1. Multiple network support: Not only G2 (which is very good, actually), but also G1, ed2k, and BT. You have access to a lot of stuff thru one client.

2. Verified D/Ls: In other words, NO FAKES&#33; :)

3. Lots of results in searches: As a result of point (1).

The speed is NOT its strong point, since most D/Ls are thru ed2k which is pathetically slow. When you D/L thru other networks however, speed is not an issue.

In brief: Shereaza seems to be the primary choice at this moment, with K-Lite coming second. Yet, as far as I am concerned, I still use both. ;)

Kevo
12-16-2003, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by muchspl2@15 December 2003 - 05:49
gods knows why I have this crusade against shareaza, but if you had shadows client it would be even faster, check the bittorrent section on getting the best speeds from bittorrent, that is directed for anyone that only uses it for torrents
Actually, in the newest 1.9 betas Shareaza should be faster than any of the BT-only clients. Shareaza hashes the torrent in sha1, tiger tree, and ed2k so it can thoretically swarm off of all four networks if the files can be found on them. so even if the tracker is down, there should be sources; again, if the file is on any other networks.

ZeroTolerance
12-18-2003, 03:27 AM
i though i never say this but shareaza is the best right Now for downloading movies and games but kazaalite is a over excelleant program. One reason why shareaza is good is because you connect to bittorent which is excellent then you got other networks to connect to but the only thing wrong with shareaza is that its kind of slow but most of the time i get half or all my speed :rolleyes: B) :P

synphul
12-20-2003, 07:22 PM
I have to agree with Cotton.. shareaza is sucking major ass. The concept is great, but since the upgrade to 1.8.10.2, it&#39;s worse than kmd (not k++). It connects to the networks ok, but try finding sources that don&#39;t leave you in a perpetual state of &#39;pending&#39;. There&#39;s plenty of fakes on raza, and hardly anyone has their browse or preview features on..a good tool (to preview files before download) if it were actually used. As for verification, i&#39;ve had to turn tigertree and verifications off because it keeps downloading the same 12mb&#39;s over and over..ditching portions of the download it has concluded are &#39;corrupt&#39;. IMO, isn&#39;t that the purpose of tigertree/sha1 hashing? to prevent that crap? In any case, despite the fact k++ is a little more harsh on resources than raza, i went to k++ and downloaded the same file in 2 days that raza&#39;s been screwing with for a month. Even &#39;failed&#39; files on k++ often turn out to be ok. Also ended up going to k++ to find an older version of raza since it apparently couldn&#39;t come up with it on a network where the install is included as a shared file by default. Only conclusions i could come up with were 1: no one&#39;s online, 2: no one&#39;s sharing, 3: the search feature isn&#39;t working. Either way you look at it, crappy for filesharing.

-synphul

Kevo
12-21-2003, 03:51 AM
I have to agree with Cotton.. shareaza is sucking major ass. The concept is great, but since the upgrade to 1.8.10.2, it&#39;s worse than kmd (not k++). It connects to the networks ok, but try finding sources that don&#39;t leave you in a perpetual state of &#39;pending&#39;. There&#39;s plenty of fakes on raza, and hardly anyone has their browse or preview features on..a good tool (to preview files before download) if it were actually used. As for verification, i&#39;ve had to turn tigertree and verifications off because it keeps downloading the same 12mb&#39;s over and over..ditching portions of the download it has concluded are &#39;corrupt&#39;. IMO, isn&#39;t that the purpose of tigertree/sha1 hashing? to prevent that crap? In any case, despite the fact k++ is a little more harsh on resources than raza, i went to k++ and downloaded the same file in 2 days that raza&#39;s been screwing with for a month. Even &#39;failed&#39; files on k++ often turn out to be ok. Also ended up going to k++ to find an older version of raza since it apparently couldn&#39;t come up with it on a network where the install is included as a shared file by default. Only conclusions i could come up with were 1: no one&#39;s online, 2: no one&#39;s sharing, 3: the search feature isn&#39;t working. Either way you look at it, crappy for filesharing.

-synphul
People turn off their browsing feature so the Riaa can&#39;t browse their files, which means that there is less of a chance of getting caught, although there is already a signifigantly less chance of getting caught already compared to FT. Or if they have many files, the browsing feature will swamp their connections and slow down other transfers in progress.
Shareaza kept on download that 12MB piece because Tiger Tree found a different hash than what you asked for, so it&#39;ll keep on downloading it until you get the right piece. that&#39;s the point of hashing more than the first 500Kb of a file like kazaa does. you could try to forget all the sources then find more sources again or just forget that one source.
There are about 180,000 people online on the Gnutella network (not all searchable), 90,000 people online on the Gnutella2 network (all searchable) and 1.5 million people online on the eDonkey2000 network (all searchable). Compared to fasttrack, shareaza does have much larger reach, as kazaa only searches around 8000 nodes per search. Kazaa also does not support queueing, partial file sharing, and altsource meshes (unless they do now), which means it is very outdated amongst newer networks. remember, Fasttrack was built aorund the same time as Gnutella and was modeled over Gnutella, the oldest decentralized P2P network (that actually works). The reason you don&#39;t get queued up in kazaa is because their is no such thing as queues. and i have have gotten way more sources than i have ever gotten with kazaa on shareaza, my record is 40,000; swarmed from all 4 networks, maxing out my connection at 170KB/s. it all depends on what your looking for though too. obviously, you&#39;re going to find faster downloads for popular files and visa versa for rare files.

MUSLEMAN
12-21-2003, 05:17 AM
i only use it for torrent files and i have gotten 1.5 mbps of speed on it

BullWinkle
12-22-2003, 02:34 AM
Well I tried shadows client and what a piece of shit that is. I&#39;ll stick with shareaza, but don&#39;t take my word for it, try it yourself.

Thorz
12-22-2003, 04:27 AM
Hi m8s

I have not used an edonkey client yet, non a Gnutella one either. I use KL++ and Bittorrent (Shadow&#39;s) and have to say that both are nice and in both you find files that max your connection and others that are slow too.

I have a question for all you here:

I am getting into the edonkey network because I need a file that is available there (I get the link in a forum) and I have look for it in bittorrent and kazaa lite without luck. Do you think that Shareaza is the best client to go for at the momment? Or are other clients that can give me better speeds (I know that it is going to be the same network at the end, but Kazaa Lite is hae been a great difference compared to other fasttrack clients that do not have the Speed Accelerator capabilities found in K++.

Thanks a lot.

Kevo
12-22-2003, 11:53 PM
Well, i would suggest shareaza, as you could get the file from 3 networks (eDonkey2000, Gnutella, Gnutella2) instead of just 1. but, i find that emule also uses up less memory sometimes. So i would say try it out in Shareaza, but be forwarned... edonkey has huge queues&#33; :ph34r: