View Full Version : Battlestar Galactica

Busyman
12-09-2003, 03:22 AM
Damn Cylon just snapped a baby's neck.

Sci-Fi channel.

They will reshow it at 11p eastern time and again at 1am

Rock Tonic Juice Magic
12-09-2003, 05:00 AM
doesnt show till 9pm pt here in cali. i cant wait for it.

Busyman
12-09-2003, 05:08 AM
Just finished watching it and it was good.

A little confusing though.
It's set 40 years after the Cylon Wars but.....
they used the same characters....
Commander Adama
Apollo
Starbuck (a female)
Boomer (now an oriental woman instead of a black man)
and even the traitor Baltar

Rock Tonic Juice Magic
12-09-2003, 05:09 AM
cool 50 min to go

tarzan
12-09-2003, 06:47 AM
watching it now,I say I am impressed they did it better than the original
and it just finished
heres my view
God damn that was cool

ZLOsiris
12-09-2003, 07:02 AM
dam it i missed the begining ill jus wait to download it

kc1
12-09-2003, 07:02 AM
Hey people, stop talking about it, sombody record it, encode iit and get it on Kazza for the rest of us!!!!! Please!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please!!!!!!!!!!Please..........

ZLOsiris
12-09-2003, 07:16 AM
dam it the show is calling my name but must resist .... i missed the beging <<<< work the late shift ..... i can wait for odwnload ...... is it any good? i was 6 or 7 when the org came out and seen many repeats i am a huge fan.... is it good????????????????

Busyman
12-09-2003, 07:19 AM
It is great. It reminds me of Space Above and Beyond (the AI Wars)

tarzan
12-09-2003, 02:36 PM
Yeah the Space combat was some of the best and most realistic since Space AaB
or B5
the Bombing of Caprica was pretty convincing too, 6 nukes for one city,I think the Cylons werent playing around hehe

Rock Tonic Juice Magic
12-09-2003, 07:04 PM
no doubt the nukes were awsome and the story was well thought out cant wait for tonites episode.

fyi. is this showing gets enough viewers they will make it a full time show

tarzan
12-09-2003, 07:31 PM
Awsome,
but I would rather it be a series of movies
with a begining and an end

Gre1
12-09-2003, 11:38 PM
I don&#39;t know anything about it but I recorded it for my brother what is about.

quiksilver_aus
12-10-2003, 01:14 AM
:&#39;( I have to wait til Jan 17...

but it&#39;ll probably be on suprnova soon anyways :)

EDIT: :D d/ling part1 now

Busyman
12-27-2004, 05:04 PM
Series starts Jan 14. :w00t:

n18
12-27-2004, 10:37 PM
my dad watches that..i rather see Stargate :)

cpt_azad
12-28-2004, 01:32 AM
wow, just finished watchin both eps, dude stargate is awesome, but this? this is like taking a dump on richard dean anderson's face :w00t: lol, the graphics/combat scenes were by far the best i've ever seen, i know that the guys that did star wars did this, but on a much tighter budget and they did one hell of a job too. can't wait for ze series to start.

Busyman
01-10-2005, 05:00 AM
Very interesting....

There was a series, a sequel to the original Battlestar Galactica, called Galactica 1980.

Sci-Fi is showing 3 episodes on Thursday and the other 7 on Friday.

I'm Tivoing all of them.

It takes place as they discover Earth.

worldpease
01-10-2005, 05:41 AM
Hey, I watched last nights Movie on NBC, is that what you´re talking about?
if it is, I loved it too, I have to catch up with the story, bafore, I only heard what the had on Sci-Fi chanel, but now, I just go to BT and see for mi self, so, Im goin to look for last nights movie right now.

cpt_azad
01-10-2005, 05:44 AM
It's 3 hours long (parts 1 and 2 together) as far as i know, second part was awesome, definately should be a series.

worldpease
01-10-2005, 06:08 AM
and what are all those episodes that, for example, are in the TV section of TorrentSpy?

cpt_azad
01-10-2005, 06:12 AM
old skool eps (battlestar galactica is an old show, the "new" one[s] are based on the old episodes).

Busyman
01-10-2005, 06:59 AM
and what are all those episodes that, for example, are in the TV section of TorrentSpy?
Very simple...

Battlestar Galactica was TV show back in the late 70's.

Galactica 1980 (which I've never seen) was the sequel series in duh the 80's

The new Battlestar Galactica, what you saw on NBC, was a mini-series originally aired on the Sci-Fi Channel....in 2003.

They are reshowing the mini and also starting the ongoing series Jan. 14.

It is a reimagining and a remake.

Cheese
01-10-2005, 09:38 AM
It is a series.

And a lame one at that. The pilot was mediocre at best and the series has just gotten worse imo.

A female starbuck who is the butchest woman I've ever seen on TV, can anyone say bulldyke? And human-form Cylons? (The aliens/bad guys in human form is soooo over done in sci-fi today...)

Shame, I wanted to like it.

Busyman
01-10-2005, 03:29 PM
It is a series.

And a lame one at that. The pilot was mediocre at best and the series has just gotten worse imo.

A female starbuck who is the butchest woman I've ever seen on TV, can anyone say bulldyke? And human-form Cylons? (The aliens/bad guys in human form is soooo over done in sci-fi today...)

Shame, I wanted to like it.
I think everyone knows it's a series now. :huh:

I agree I wish they had kept the Cylons as robots only.

I'm sure they wanted Starbuck dykish. Who knows?

3RA1N1AC
01-10-2005, 06:44 PM
Galactica 1980: The Bad News Bears From Space. for seriously. i changed the channel so many times, back in the day, when Sci-Fi Channel tried to make me watch those fuggin' wieners play baseball. ALIEN NATION WAS BETTER THAN THIS.

Busyman
01-10-2005, 06:45 PM
Galactica 1980: The Bad News Bears From Space. for seriously. i changed the channel so many times, back in the day, when Sci-Fi Channel tried to make me watch those fuggin' wieners play baseball. ALIEN NATION WAS BETTER THAN THIS.
Yup, I heard it sucked ball hairs.

Cheese
01-10-2005, 06:51 PM
I think everyone knows it's a series now. :huh:

I agree I wish they had kept the Cylons as robots only.

I'm sure they wanted Starbuck dykish. Who knows?

Looks like I forgot to press the quote button:

It's 3 hours long (parts 1 and 2 together) as far as i know, second part was awesome, definately should be a series.

D'oh. :1eye:

3RA1N1AC
01-10-2005, 06:51 PM
actually the final episode of Galactica 1980 is pretty good. the EnemyMine type episode where Starbuck repairs a broken Cylon and befriends it. but some of the ones about the little Galactica kids... COMPLETE STINKERS.

worldpease
01-10-2005, 07:30 PM
Whatever, I liked the new two episodes,
amd I tried to look for them but I don´t know the names,
does someone knows the names?, so i can go look for them.

Busyman
01-10-2005, 07:46 PM
Whatever, I liked the new two episodes,
amd I tried to look for them but I don´t know the names,
does someone knows the names?, so i can go look for them.
That was the mini-series. Did you read?

Very simple...

Battlestar Galactica was TV show back in the late 70's.

Galactica 1980 (which I've never seen) was the sequel series in duh the 80's

The new Battlestar Galactica, what you saw on NBC, was a mini-series originally aired on the Sci-Fi Channel....in 2003.

They are reshowing the mini and also starting the ongoing series Jan. 14.

It is a reimagining and a remake.

The series starts on Jan 14 but is available on the net now.

Snee
01-10-2005, 08:05 PM
Well, I for one am looking forward to it.

The original series did have its fair share of silliness but that didn't prevent me from liking it, anymore than human cyclons will prevent me from liking this, I expect.

worldpease
01-10-2005, 08:20 PM
Yes, i found what I think are the 1st and 2nd of the new series, well, they said 2004, so it should be, but from there, nothing else.

dodgy368
01-10-2005, 08:38 PM
http://www.bi-torrent.com/ has the first 9 episodes, you can find #10 on http://www.btefnet.net/ :)

Episode 11 should be on the net tonight or early tomorrow morning.

worldpease
01-13-2005, 07:37 PM
as I said, I found 1st and 2nd episodes, but they´re not the ones aired on NBC.
If anyone could hint me on where to find the pilot (movie like) originaly aired in 2003 please.

edit: Damn it, the 2nd is mpeg, still goood quality, but I rather have .avi, better sound and sharpnes it think, so Im going to dld again, well I gues these are the ups and downs of the filesharing thing, I´ll pay more atention next time.

worldpease
01-18-2005, 02:52 AM
Damn Cylon just snapped a baby's neck.

Sci-Fi channel.

They will reshow it at 11p eastern time and again at 1am

What episode is that, cus I´ve downloaded the first four and I haven´t seen no neck snapping.
-so far I´ve liked the series, and from the four I´ve watched, the last is the worst, altought not that bad.

Busyman
01-18-2005, 06:36 PM
What episode is that, cus I´ve downloaded the first four and I haven´t seen no neck snapping.
-so far I´ve liked the series, and from the four I´ve watched, the last is the worst, altought not that bad.
It was on the mini-series which served as the pilot.

Six (the sexy one) killed the baby in her crib.

Btw Six being in Baltar's head is a Farscape rip-off.

Crichton/Scorpius connection. :dry:

worldpease
01-19-2005, 12:23 AM
ARRRGH! Battlestar Pirates Beware
USA Cable Entertainment, a division of NBC Universal, is contacting Internet service providers, asking them to remove people who are illegally downloading episodes of the "Battlestar Galactica" series...

"The letter demands the ISP to remove or disable access to the area that the downloads are occurring, and to implement a policy that "provides for termination of subscribers who are repeat infringers." They cite American copyright laws as the basis for their demands."

Read the rest of this article at the Source

dodgy368
01-19-2005, 07:45 PM
Final episode next week! :( :( :(

worldpease
01-19-2005, 11:04 PM

Whaaat! :angry: !...
Are you serius? Where did you hear that?

Note: I don´t believe you... Just been to the site, it says nothing.

Busyman
01-20-2005, 12:19 AM
Utter bullshit. :dry:

3RA1N1AC
01-20-2005, 02:08 AM
i think he means final episode of the season. the UK has been airing it several weeks ahead of the US, so they are getting episode #13 next week, which is the end of season 1.

apparently an order has been placed for scripts, for season 2... so the prospects for a second season are looking good(-ish). i guess the only thing that could possibly kill it, would be if the US tv ratings for Galactica were extremely low.

Busyman
01-20-2005, 02:17 AM
i think he means final episode of the season. the UK has been airing it several weeks ahead of the US, so they are getting episode #13 next week, which is the end of season 1.

apparently an order has been placed for scripts, for season 2... so the prospects for a second season are looking good(-ish). i guess the only thing that could possibly kill it, would be if the US tv ratings for Galactica were extremely low.
Damn a whole full season!!!

I used to get Sg-1 episodes 1 week ahead of of a channel called Sky One but a season ahead is ridiculous if it's American produced. The UK must be a test market. :lol: :lol:

3RA1N1AC
01-20-2005, 04:55 AM
it's 'cause Galactica is a co-production between Sci-Fi Channel and Sky (a UK satellite company owned by the Rupert Murdoch family). so they both have immediate broadcast rights, and for whatever reason Sci-Fi decided to put it on a later schedule in the US.

dodgy368
01-20-2005, 06:11 AM
Yep, I'm serious, at the end of episode 12 it said that next week is the final episode, gutted cos it's a great series. :(

worldpease
01-20-2005, 07:07 AM
Yea right, Whatever.

3RA1N1AC
01-20-2005, 08:32 AM
Yep, I'm serious, at the end of episode 12 it said that next week is the final episode, gutted cos it's a great series. :(
http://www.nowplayingmag.com/content/view/582/2/

For starters, Moore confirmed that season two scripts have been ordered by Sci Fi.

“We wrapped on the first season [and] the network’s ordered six back-up scripts, which we’re all writing right now,” says Moore. “And they will decide whether to pick up the second season probably in early February — after they’ve seen a few airings in the U.S.”

Moore is hopeful that those six scripts will actually be made into episodes and that a season two will happen. He says that so far Sci Fi is pleased with the reception the show is receiving.

HCT
01-20-2005, 09:16 AM
they have episode 12 on btefnet.net already

dodgy368
01-20-2005, 07:10 PM
Utter bullshit. :dry:

Bet you've got loads of friends.

I repeated what the presenter said after episode 12.

worldpease
01-24-2005, 05:50 AM
Bt, from what I´ve seen,
Episode 13 is not on the web yet...
or is it?
Cus with hat one, well, I would fit the entire
season in a DVD...lol.

anyway, I would apreciate some
feedback on it if you know something! ;)
Thanks guys.

Busyman
04-03-2005, 08:38 PM
Teh series picks back up in July.

Spoilers.....

Is Adama dead?
Will Starbuck and Helo come back with the arrow?
Will it work?
What about Sharon's "baby".
What about Sharon on Galactica?

Afronaut
07-15-2005, 05:34 PM
20-episode second season of Battlestar Galactica premieres tonight (http://www.scifi.com/schedulebot/today.html) at 10/9C on the SciFi Channel.
Episode is called Scattered.
:D

Saw this on /. (http://slashdot.org/articles/05/07/15/169202.shtml?tid=214&tid=1)

dodgy368
07-16-2005, 09:47 AM
Best speed for s02 e01 can be found at torrentit.com, they also have the best speed for the latest Stargate Atlantis(imho).:D :D :D

tarzan
07-16-2005, 11:58 PM
well se02 started off as good as season 1 ended
very good episode

Hairbautt
07-18-2005, 02:23 AM
I don't get it are the copies clones or robots?

Busyman
07-18-2005, 01:42 PM
I don't get it are the copies clones or robots?
There are 7 (or 9?) models of robots which are multiples.

Now it seems original Cylons have boarded the Galactica. :ohmy:

lee551
07-25-2005, 09:52 PM
i've been hearing a lot about this show lately. i read a story in wired that called it the best show on television. :blink:

should i download season one? is it really that good of a show?

i'd hate to miss out on a classic tv show, and then find out it rocks 4 seasons later. :lol:

Busyman
07-26-2005, 01:20 AM
The last episode was great!!!

It was a battle with the Centurion models.

As folks walked along the dark corridors, they could hear gunfire and screaming as the Centurions massacred soldiers in the distance.

Snee
07-29-2005, 07:28 PM
Valley of darkness was pretty cool, looking forward to the next one.

tarzan
07-31-2005, 04:28 PM
I think colonel Tigh is lossing it
what reasons did he have for declaring martial law on the fleet?

i like the way that they have handled the entire story so far,its taken 16+ episodes to get to where the original season was at epiosde 4-lost planet of the gods

did Baltar seem to be having some reservations wether or not to follow six and when he left Kobol?

Busyman
07-31-2005, 04:36 PM
I think colonel Tigh is lossing it
what reasons did he have for declaring martial law on the fleet?

i like the way that they have handled the entire story so far,its taken 16+ episodes to get to where the original season was at epiosde 4-lost planet of the gods

did Baltar seem to be having some reservations wether or not to follow six and when he left Kobol?
I haven't watched the last episode yet. I got through both Stargates and then I started drinking with my old lady. :(

Her daiquiri's were so strong, I think the strawberry in it was for color. :ph34r:

Snee
08-06-2005, 06:46 PM
Another one out now :)

Sah-weet.

Busyman
08-06-2005, 06:54 PM
Another one out now :)

Sah-weet.
Another what?

Snee
08-06-2005, 08:58 PM
Episode, on the Pirate bay.

Busyman
08-06-2005, 10:43 PM
Episode, on the Pirate bay.
Yeah I gotta watch that. I'm always a day or 2 behind.

Thank God for Tivo.

I wish the sci-fi channel was in HD. :(

Snee
08-07-2005, 03:18 PM
Hey, at least they show it on TV over there, it'll be a year or something before it airs here :dry:

Busyman
08-07-2005, 03:24 PM
Hey, at least they show it on TV over there, it'll be a year or something before it airs here :dry:
Weird, it was somewhat the opposite last year...at from a UK standpoint.

They had seen the whole (or almost the whole) season on SKY before us.

Snee
08-07-2005, 03:28 PM
Prolly 'cos they funded half of it or something :unsure:

Sadly, no channel in this country would do that.

Busyman
08-07-2005, 03:58 PM
Prolly 'cos they funded half of it or something :unsure:

Sadly, no channel in this country would do that.
I wonder why they didn't do it with season 2.

I see Adama's back. Captain Tigh's wife is a bitch and Tigh is even more of one for letting her get to him as a Captain.

Snee
08-07-2005, 07:50 PM
Haven't seen the last ones, but that sounds about how I figured things would go.

Saw the movie/pilot of the first series again, the new Baltar is way better than the old.

Busyman
08-07-2005, 08:27 PM
Haven't seen the last ones, but that sounds about how I figured things would go.

Saw the movie/pilot of the first series again, the new Baltar is way better than the old.
I still like the old Centurions and how they sounded.

Plus the story is slightly different.

In the old one, Baltar wasn't an accidental traitor and the Cylons were human that "uploaded" there consciousness into machines....far more interesting.

Snee
08-08-2005, 03:33 PM
I've been wondering about the story, btw. Some one said the new series was a continuation of the old, and they certainly had the same sort of vipers as the MKIIs in the new series, and the centurions on display look the same too.

But it isn't really a direct sort of follow up to the old series, is it?
'cos the stories don't seem quite the same.

(Granted, I never saw the entire old series.)

Busyman
08-08-2005, 06:42 PM
I've been wondering about the story, btw. Some one said the new series was a continuation of the old, and they certainly had the same sort of vipers as the MKIIs in the new series, and the centurions on display look the same too.

But it isn't really a direct sort of follow up to the old series, is it?
'cos the stories don't seem quite the same.

(Granted, I never saw the entire old series.)
DL it. It's pretty good for nostalgia's sake (and story). The Cylons had more mystery to them. "By your command"

The new series is NOT a continuation of the old.

It is a reimagining of it.

worldpease
08-09-2005, 03:13 AM
Im not up to date with the series,
yesterday I finally got arround to watch season two, episode 2.

Busyman
09-18-2005, 02:18 AM
The new season has been great and looks like the season finale is called Pegasus.

For those that don't know, in the original series Pegasus was another Battlestar that survived and it had Kirk Douglas as it's hard ass commander.

In one particular heroic battle, Pegasus takes heavy damage and you never know if they survived.

I'm slightly pissed that this new Pegasus has a woman commander who it looks like, outranks Adama, tries to relieve him of command, and they but heads.

It would have been nice for the producers to have kept an old hard ass as the Pegasus' commander but I guess Colonel Tigh is enough old hard ass for two Battlestars already.

This will be the season finale btw.

Busyman
09-26-2005, 12:18 PM
The Pegasus episode was good as shit.

It was pretty slick making it a 2-parter so you have to tune back in when the season starts back up.

It was not the season finale btw. Sci-Fi likes to split their seasons up.

Interesting that after a commercial break there was a viewing discretion warning and then there was an attempted rape. :O

Tyrol and Helo accidently kill one of the Pegasus officers (that was trying to rape SHARON as part of an "interogation" and that bitch from the Pegasus "decides" to execute them. Adama then launches fighters to Pegasus to get his men back then..........

TO BE CONTINUED

4play
09-26-2005, 12:35 PM
isnt the second half of the season going to be shown on sky first since they half funded bsg.

Busyman
09-26-2005, 12:54 PM
isnt the second half of the season going to be shown on sky first since they half funded bsg.
It looks like that was only last season.

Plus why would SkyOne get to air it first just because it was underwritten by them? :blink:

The only reason Sky may air the second half-first is because Sci-Fi takes rerun breaks and splits the season up while Sky does not.

Sky viewers will probably see the entire season uninterupted.

I'm almost glad for the break of Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis and BS.

My TIVO needs relief 'cause all the other shows coming on.

edit: nvm...I see season 2 hasn't even started yet on SKY. :blink:

worldpease
01-11-2006, 10:43 PM
warning: spoilers contained in 'downlighted' text

Im happy, I just watched the new episode of Battlestar Galactica,
and I think it might have been the gratest so far.

Damn Im more convinced every day, that BsG is very well writen,
it has very deep moments,
[COLOR="PaleTurquoise"]like when Cmdr Adama is informed by Phone that
the Chief and Helo are going to be killed, and then he pauses for a second and makes this gesture on his face,
like he really regrets havin to go agains the Admiral.
Also the very classical violin music, when both Adama and the Admiral are by the phone
and the vipers are manuevering in space.
And when the Pegasus' xo tell Sal (Bs' xo) about the other fleet and the killing of families, damn, that part really got to me.
Then there is the way you are made to feel sad for the Cylons on board,
like when Sannon had just been rescued from being abused and she is just laying
on the floor, she turns to the bed and just grabs a blanket over her back
and continues crying; she looked so burnerable at that scene.
Also the Cylon in the Pegasus, the scene when DrBaltar enters the cell and he is
strucked by the smell of the place,
and to see the beautiful woman he know, learning that she has been misstreated and raped, wich reminded me of the Viet war.
and what is more, he onfesses he loves that woman.

whocares1195
01-13-2006, 06:09 PM
Battlestar Galactica is a great show. IMO....it may even be better than "Lost." This show has really great writing. Today is a new episode and I can't wait to see what happens w/ both commanders' plans.

Busyman
01-18-2006, 02:01 AM
Numerous details (some spoilers) from producer Ron Moore.
"Epiphanies"
"Laura's health comes to a crisis point in the next episode [after the 'Resurrection Ship' two-parter]. It opens on her being rushed into sick bay. Her time is almost up and Doc Cottle says she's not going to make it. This gave us the chance to do some flashbacks to Caprica before the attacks. We see the president she worked for and there are some surprising revelations about their relationship. We see where she gets some of her philosophy of governing. As the fleet prepares for [vice president] Baltar to take over, he's actually the one who figures out a way to save Laura's life, at the last moment. It comes from his study of Sharon's unborn child, that provides the key to curing Laura's cancer."

"Scar"
We do an episode that's really about fighter combat. [Kara 'Starbuck' Thrace figures prominently]. There's a Cylon raider that keeps coming, just keeps coming. He kills a bunch of pilots. It's their dark shark in the water, he keeps coming to get people."

"There's an episode where a bunch of people take hostages in a bar, and they demand that Adama [get rid of] Sharon. They feel like there shouldn't be any Cylons alive in the fleet. And they'll kill a bunch of hostages to get her."

"There's an episode where Lee has to deal with the new commander of the Pegasus [This person is not the second-in-command whom we met during "Resurrection Ship" episodes]. It turns out the guy who had been in charge was deep into the black market. Another guy is put in charge, he's a bit paranoid. And he's really not up to the task of command. The Pegasus continues to be a troubled ship for the rest of the season."

"There's an episode down the line that we're really excited about, the entire episode is told from the Cylon point of view: what their society is like, what they go through during reincarnation and when they're born again. We really get inside the Cylon [society] and get to view that for the first time.

"There's a two-part season finale. We throw some real curveballs. There are some pretty major changes in how we do business. It's really going to catch people off guard."

manker
01-18-2006, 09:46 AM
Thanks for that, Busy.

Sounds awesome - but I didn't expect anything less :01:

flamango
01-31-2006, 03:21 AM
I agree, thanks Busy!

BSG rocks

Busyman
01-31-2006, 04:35 AM
I agree, thanks Busy!

BSG rocks
Scar is this week's episode.

worldpease
01-31-2006, 06:41 AM
Since the series started, I was thinking that it was a great show but also very
flawed, cus I kept thinking: why do they let so many things 'slide'?,
what I mean is that Dr Gaius has been working on a Cylon detector "forever", and no one
seems to care;
Everyone knows that there are Cylons on the fleet, and do nothing, like a search and kill campaign;
Some ppl know that Lee frecuents a Prostitute, even his dad, and he does nothing (not that he should);
Sal, the Oc is a drunk and also no one does anything;
and I could go on for a long time.
Ok, then a few weeks ago, watching the first season, I started to realize that
the people in the fleet, are just humans,
they face problems as we do, as our goverments do,
a lot of things similar in many ways to the ones seen on the series really happen,
and no one seems to do anything.
May be thats why the show is so apealing.
That's just my thinking, but whatever it is, it one of my favorite series,
it fills the hole left by the cancellation of Enterprise.

Busyman
02-16-2006, 10:05 PM
Only 4 episodes left!

"The Captain's Hand"

Concerns over missing Vipers pit the new Pegasus commander (John Heard) against his temporary XO, Lee Adama.

"Downloaded"

Lucy Lawless is back as a member of the Cylon leadership, who honors Number Six and Sharon as heroes on Caprica.

"Lay Down You Burdens, Part 1"

A rescue mission to Caprica to save the humans trapped there accidentally leads to the discovery of a habitable planet. Elsewhere, Tyrol is haunted by nightmares.

"Lay Down Your Burdens, Part 2" will be a 90 minute season-finale
Friday, March 10, 2006 - 10pm-11:30pm

With the presidential campaigning in full swing, the election's outcome hinges upon a core debate - whether or not to abandon the search for Earth when the Galactica crew discovers a habitable planet. When the election begins to swing in favor of Baltar (James Callis) - a man whom Roslin is convinced is a Cylon collaborator - the incumbent president must decide whether or not to take drastic measures for the greater good. Things become even further complicated when the Cylons, led by Caprica Six (Tricia Helfer) and Sharon (Grace Park), find the planet and offer humanity a stunning proposal of peace.

Season 3 production begins in April. Lucy Lawless will be part of the cast for a 10-episode story arc.

Busyman
02-25-2006, 11:13 PM
So far we've seen 6 models....

"Six" - the sexy blonde
Sharon (who is actually "Eight") - the oriental
The black doctor
Aaron Doral
The stranded guy from the mini-series
actress Lucy Lawless

...we still have 6 models yet to see....

manker
02-26-2006, 11:09 PM
Season 3 production begins in April. Any idea when it will air?

cpt_azad
03-03-2006, 06:55 AM
Can someone please tell me what season and what episode aired most recently, as in which one aired last?

edit: nvm, i just saw busyman's post.

Busyman
03-03-2006, 07:11 AM
Can someone please tell me what season and what episode aired most recently, as in which one aired last?

edit: nvm, i just saw busyman's post.
The start of the season finale is today.

Busyman
03-03-2006, 02:00 PM
Season 3 production begins in April. Any idea when it will air?
Missed this post...

I imagine in July like season 2. It would also coincide with how the season 1 DVD box set came out in July last year.

They may wait until October for better ratings though.

I hope this answers your question.:stars:

manker
03-03-2006, 03:15 PM
:lol: Cheers.

Busyman
03-11-2006, 06:10 AM
:lol: Cheers.
Well damn I surprised myself this time.:huh:

We will have a long wait for the next season of BSG.

Season 3 will start in October due to low season 2 ratings.(a significant drop)

It will most likely be a non-stop season and not run in perfect step with the Stargate series.

Season 10 of SG-1 (starting episode: 195) and season 3 of Atlantis begins in July.

cpt_azad
03-11-2006, 06:38 AM
Ya, since my last post I downloaded (and watched! lol) all episodes up to 219 (Lay down your burdens part 1), and I must say, this show is the best i've seen so far, no competition.

Will be downloading tonight's (I checked torrentspy a few hours ago, its not up yet, hope someone encodes+uploads soon)

It was so addicting, at one point, I watched 4 episodes back to back....my eyes still hurt (it was 2 days ago).

edit: just checked torrentspy again, nothing :(

Busyman
03-11-2006, 06:46 AM
Ya, since my last post I downloaded (and watched! lol) all episodes up to 219 (Lay down your burdens part 1), and I must say, this show is the best i've seen so far, no competition.

Will be downloading tonight's (I checked torrentspy a few hours ago, its not up yet, hope someone encodes+uploads soon)

It was so addicting, at one point, I watched 4 episodes back to back....my eyes still hurt (it was 2 days ago).

edit: just checked torrentspy again, nothing :(
Yeah I haven't watched the finale yet.

I took my little girl to the movies to see Shaggy Dog. I just finished SG-1 and now I'm watching Real Time With Bill Maher.

I'll probably be up long enough to watch Atlantis and BSG. I've got alot o number crunching to do. If not, there's tomorrow morning.

cpt_azad
03-11-2006, 08:08 AM
Ya, at least tomorrow is saturday lol, hope someone uploads it real soon :)

edit: http://www.tv.com/lay-down-your-burdens-2/episode/611965/summary.html

FRAK! im so chocked, im dying for someone to upload this, all reviews give it a 10.0 Perfect score, read the reviews (minus spoilers if u havent seen it yet), supposedly redefines sci fi shows :D:D

cpt_azad
03-11-2006, 10:58 AM
Its on torrentspy, 520ish mb, 90 min finale :D:D:D downloading now, 90kb/s

Busyman
03-11-2006, 04:06 PM
Ya, at least tomorrow is saturday lol, hope someone uploads it real soon :)

edit: http://www.tv.com/lay-down-your-burdens-2/episode/611965/summary.html

FRAK! im so chocked, im dying for someone to upload this, all reviews give it a 10.0 Perfect score, read the reviews (minus spoilers if u havent seen it yet), supposedly redefines sci fi shows :D:D
What's weird is part 1 wasn't that good.

cpt_azad
03-11-2006, 04:38 PM
well like most shows, part 1 is just buildup, part 2 is almost always the one that gets you.

Busyman
03-12-2006, 09:27 AM

"Six" - the sexy blonde
The black doctor
Aaron Doral
actress Lucy Lawless

I knew Dean Stockwell was a fucking Cylon.:dry: That's #7.
I wonder about Rosslyn's new advisor too.
5 models left.

Bower
03-12-2006, 10:34 PM
When will Season 3 start ?

Redwood
03-12-2006, 11:40 PM
love jet li

cpt_azad
03-13-2006, 01:35 AM
Season 3 will begin airing in October of 2006 (which pisses me off cuz they were supposed to air in July with the new season of Stargate).

P.S. Jet li sux cock

Busyman
03-13-2006, 03:00 AM
Season 3 will begin airing in October of 2006 (which pisses me off cuz they were supposed to air in July with the new season of Stargate).

P.S. Jet li sux cock
So season 3 is airing in October?

cpt_azad
03-13-2006, 05:52 AM

P.S. Jet li sux cock So season 3 is airing in October?

Unfortanately yes :( it was supposed to air in July, but it got pushed back to October '06 :(

Busyman
03-13-2006, 09:19 AM
So season 3 is airing in October?

Unfortanately yes :( it was supposed to air in July, but it got pushed back to October '06 :(
Damn and when is Stargate airing?

manker
03-13-2006, 09:43 PM

"Six" - the sexy blonde
The black doctor
Aaron Doral
actress Lucy Lawless

5 models left. I posted (http://www.filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showpost.php?p=1279517&postcount=29932) that I thought he was a Cylon :smilie4:

Shame about me being under the misapprehension that the new series started in the summer.

===

The bit when they settled on the planet sucked and went on for too long, the rest of the finale was brilliant tho' - and the last 8-10 minutes was fantastic.

Gonna have to find another Sci-fi to watch til October :dabs:

Busyman
03-14-2006, 01:11 AM
5 models left. I posted (http://www.filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showpost.php?p=1279517&postcount=29932) that I thought he was a Cylon :smilie4:

Shame about me being under the misapprehension that the new series started in the summer.

===

The bit when they settled on the planet sucked and went on for too long, the rest of the finale was brilliant tho' - and the last 8-10 minutes was fantastic.

Gonna have to find another Sci-fi to watch til October :dabs:
I missed that in your post. I remember Tyrol but the other.:(

I thought he was 'cause of simply being new. Lucy Lawless syndrome. :dabs:

My tivo is normally spot-on (brat phrase ftw) but since BSG started 3 or 4 minutes late, it cut-off 3 or 4 minutes early.

It stopped right at the 3 boarding and maybe 3 sentences from them.

I just know I missed something. The only show I have set to consistently tivo an extra 4 minutes is The Shield. It's always off. Fucking FX.

I think it will be weird that Sci-Fi will not have BSG and the 2 Stargates airing on Friday nights all together.

manker
03-14-2006, 04:46 PM
Yeah, you did miss a few things because of the TiVo suckage. Wanna borrow my newsgroups pass :P

I thought he was 'cause of simply being new. Lucy Lawless syndrome. That was what started me thinking, almost immediately, that he was a Cylon because Dean Stockwell isn't the type of actor to just have a bit-part. Then I started thinking about his less than conventional outlook as a priest and how he knew what the Chief was worried about.

Btw, I thought it sucked bawls that we missed a whole YEAR! Maybe they'll do a Lost type recap next season of what actually happened, but I didn't like the fact they all went from living in relative comfort on the 'ships to living in tents. Why would they do that ... and after a whole year, surely they would have made some kind of semi-permanent accommodation, rather than the refuge camp that they were living in.

:dabs:

Busyman
03-14-2006, 07:58 PM
Yeah, you did miss a few things because of the TiVo suckage. Wanna borrow my newsgroups pass :P

I thought he was 'cause of simply being new. Lucy Lawless syndrome. That was what started me thinking, almost immediately, that he was a Cylon because Dean Stockwell isn't the type of actor to just have a bit-part. Then I started thinking about his less than conventional outlook as a priest and how he knew what the Chief was worried about.

Btw, I thought it sucked bawls that we missed a whole YEAR! Maybe they'll do a Lost type recap next season of what actually happened, but I didn't like the fact they all went from living in relative comfort on the 'ships to living in tents. Why would they do that ... and after a whole year, surely they would have made some kind of semi-permanent accommodation, rather than the refuge camp that they were living in.

Yeah I missed about 2 minutes. I saw it this morning (they repeat often).

I basically missed "We surrender" and Starbuck saying "we'll fight".
I'd be curious to see what the Cylon reeeeally want. Traipsing or gallivanting (sp?) across the galaxy looking for humans just to rule them seems stupid.
Can't they mind there own business?:dry:
The missed year is bound to be revealed, btw.
Baltar was a dumbass as always. Why would you give a Cylon a nuke. What a dumbshit.
I think I'll like next season 'cause it'll be basically a rebellion.

I love how the fleet just up and left.:lol: :lol:

It seems to me that the humans need to basically destroy the Cylons before settling anywhere. At least before they could run (like the fleet did).

Remember the episode called "33"?

manker
03-16-2006, 12:33 PM

That was what started me thinking, almost immediately, that he was a Cylon because Dean Stockwell isn't the type of actor to just have a bit-part. Then I started thinking about his less than conventional outlook as a priest and how he knew what the Chief was worried about.

I'd be curious to see what the Cylon reeeeally want. Traipsing or gallivanting (sp?) across the galaxy looking for humans just to rule them seems stupid.
Baltar was a dumbass as always. Why would you give a Cylon a nuke. What a dumbshit.

It seems to me that the humans need to basically destroy the Cylons before settling anywhere. At least before they could run (like the fleet did).

Seems obvious to me that the only thing they now want with humans is for experimentation. This twelve models shit is getting them down and they want to diversify. Once that's happened, they'll wipe humans out.

Unless Capricia 6 and Valerii 8 really have started a movement to the contrary, which now looks unlikely.

Baltar's unconditional surrender will involve him being passive while the women get raped and experimented on - like on that 'farm' Starbuck was in back on Capricia.

Baltar gave that nuke to the Cylon in a fit of pique - it demonstrates his mental fragility and his ultimate submission to full blown traitor, he was tempering the bad with good prior to that. The 6 model knew she had to commit suicide (no resurrection ship, remember) because a nuclear signature was the only way her peers could find the humans since they were hidden in a nebula.

I hope we do find out what changed Adama from someone who refused to let even one networked computer on his ship for 40 peacetime years, just incase the Cylons came back - to someone who didn't maintain a battle ready fleet status just one and a half years after a fucking holocaust :huh:

You're right, they simply have to pay a lot of attention to the missing year early in the next series.

Busyman
03-16-2006, 01:57 PM

Seems obvious to me that the only thing they now want with humans is for experimentation. This twelve models shit is getting them down and they want to diversify. Once that's happened, they'll wipe humans out.

Unless Capricia 6 and Valerii 8 really have started a movement to the contrary, which now looks unlikely.

Baltar's unconditional surrender will involve him being passive while the women get raped and experimented on - like on that 'farm' Starbuck was in back on Capricia.

Baltar gave that nuke to the Cylon in a fit of pique - it demonstrates his mental fragility and his ultimate submission to full blown traitor, he was tempering the bad with good prior to that. The 6 model knew she had to commit suicide (no resurrection ship, remember) because a nuclear signature was the only way her peers could find the humans since they were hidden in a nebula.

I hope we do find out what changed Adama from someone who refused to let even one networked computer on his ship for 40 peacetime years, just incase the Cylons came back - to someone who didn't maintain a battle ready fleet status just one and a half years after a fucking holocaust :huh:

You're right, they simply have to pay a lot of attention to the missing year early in the next series.
flashbacks a la Lost anyone?

The Sharon at the end clearly knew Baltar. Which one was she? The one from his head (Scorpious), the nuke, Caprica, or Pegasus?

worldpease
03-30-2006, 03:01 AM
Ok, after getting behind on the show, Im finally catching up (dlding eps 16 to 20 tonight),
and from what I've heard, the 20th is the last of this season,
am I right?, Im just not so shure.
and I would like to know, so I can burn the DVD roght away.

worldpease
03-31-2006, 01:07 AM
Ok, Nobody really knows?,
or no one really gives a damn?

cpt_azad
03-31-2006, 07:57 AM
Season 1 = 12 episodes (14 if you count the 2 parter pilot)

Season 2 = 20 episodes

ricola
04-01-2006, 05:12 PM
does anyone know when some HDTV rips are going to be released from the UK? I believe there are already past Resurrection Ship...

cpt_azad
04-01-2006, 06:39 PM
does anyone know when some HDTV rips are going to be released from the UK? I believe there are already past Resurrection Ship...

Where do you live? The answer to my question and yours is torrentspy.

Guyver
04-10-2006, 03:37 AM

what number is this weeks ep? i missed it today...

peace

Busyman™
04-10-2006, 03:45 AM

peace
The season is done.:unsure:

Guyver
04-10-2006, 04:25 AM

peace
The season is done.:unsure:
oh lol geuss last week was the final...when that hot blonde cylon killed that admiral bitch

cpt_azad
04-10-2006, 04:51 AM
The season is done.:unsure: oh lol geuss last week was the final...when that hot blonde cylon killed that admiral bitch

You're about 10 episodes behind, Season 2 finished a while ago. Season 3 won't start until November or w/e (can't remeber what month).

I suggest you download the rest of the eps instead of waiting.

worldpease
04-10-2006, 05:17 AM
They should make a well put together documentary,
may be a two or three part 'special' or something to ease the wait:

1.- Cast Interviews.
2.- Production & FX,
3.- The Science of...

But I guess they know they don't need it,
they know we will be there, waiting patiently.

Guyver
04-10-2006, 05:20 AM
oh lol geuss last week was the final...when that hot blonde cylon killed that admiral bitch

You're about 10 episodes behind, Season 2 finished a while ago. Season 3 won't start until November or w/e (can't remeber what month).

shit....

cpt_azad
04-10-2006, 07:24 AM

shit....

Yup, that's pretty much the gist of it lol, go to torrentspy asap (or isohunt) and start downloading. If you can't find the episodes (or not enough seeders), PM me....I might just be in a good mood when you do.

Busyman™
04-11-2006, 02:10 AM

shit....
:lol: :lol:

worldpease
04-14-2006, 03:07 AM
I was re-watching the season finale,
and to me, the last five minutes were one of the best moments ever since the begining of the series,
specially the moment that took place at the grounded Colonial One (presidential headquaters),
it feelt like the actors, 'Number 6' and 'Baltar' in particular, really tried to make it good;
One could really see the emotion on Number 6's face when she saw Baltar,
and also the over welming on Baltar's face, he even cried.

And then, sudently I came to the realization that October is more than half a year away.

cpt_azad
04-14-2006, 06:18 AM
And then, sudently I came to the realization that October is more than half a year away.

Yup :( :cry:

.Anakin.
04-14-2006, 08:16 AM

Yup :( :cry:

it is :'( the end of the s02 was so incredibly shocking....
i can't wait till Oct. :'(

mikerodot78
04-15-2006, 03:54 AM
I've got this on my netflix queue and can't wait to start it!