PDA

View Full Version : Bit Torrent Yellow Light

blkmoon
12-09-2003, 03:25 AM
My Bit Torrent file thing is always on Yellow even if the file is downloading? What the hell does that mean? I got symantec firewall and it automatically allows internet using programs. Why is it always Yellow help!!

SciManAl
12-09-2003, 03:29 AM
hey dude, this is kinda off topic, in this all topic section of forum... however i will try to answer.. do you have any other firewalls??

ZaZu
12-09-2003, 05:16 AM
You prob have your Windows firewall on :o

colt45joe
12-09-2003, 06:34 AM
i always got yellow also, but it still downloads, so im not really sure how bit torrent works, but i still download stuff okay.

Monkeee
12-09-2003, 06:52 AM
Originally posted by ZaZu@9 December 2003 - 05:16
You prob have your Windows firewall on :o
how do you turn that OFF :blink:

muchspl2
12-09-2003, 06:56 AM
start->run->services.msc
then turn off the ICF (internet connection firewall)

ck-uk
12-09-2003, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by blkmoon@9 December 2003 - 02:25
My Bit Torrent file thing is always on Yellow even if the file is downloading? What the hell does that mean? I got symantec firewall and it automatically allows internet using programs. Why is it always Yellow help!!
Yellow means other ppl cant connect to you mate,to upload off you.For some reason in comming connects are blocked. :)

SeK612
12-09-2003, 12:54 PM
I'm really confused about the whole yellow light thing. Mine is always on. I have disabled the XP built in firewall. I have also managed to reach the max for my connection (although this has only happened once) with the yellow light showing. I think it might be (in my case) to do with the ports BT uses but its hard to figure. I can still upload /download it just goes really slow :(

tracydani
12-09-2003, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by ck-uk@9 December 2003 - 14:40

Yellow means other ppl cant connect to you mate,to upload off you.For some reason in comming connects are blocked. :)
I am getting the yellow now. I just started using the anonx proxy and I believe it is because of that. But I am having no problems connecting to people as far as I can see.

TD

scribblec
12-09-2003, 05:51 PM
or dont use the shadow experimental and u get no lights
just pure downloading

but i use the experimental my lights usually green or black

CornerPocket
12-09-2003, 07:30 PM
If you guys use a router, port forwarding should solve the 'Yellow' light issue. If so check what router you have either off manual or website. You have a web addy that enables you to configure your router. Learn about Bittorrent settings from

BT Tweaking (http://userpages.umbc.edu/~hamilton/btclientconfig.html)
Brian's BT FAQ page (http://www.dessent.net/btfaq/)...........