PDA

View Full Version : Kazaa Lite Can Still Be Used After 2.6?

Shadowness
12-09-2003, 06:35 AM
http://klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=86688

well in that thread it is explained that it could "probably" work to change the kazaalite to read 2.6. Though I still have not found how to do it. But if that can be done, why not destribute a patch that will do that, and that way we are still able to use kazaalite even though kazaa is at 2.6.

james_bond_rulez
12-09-2003, 06:50 AM
i am sure there are gonna be ppl working on newer versions underground and distribute them via foreign mirrors/p2p/irc ;)

--Spam--
12-09-2003, 06:52 AM
In the newer versions, can you just edit the registry by hand?

james_bond_rulez
12-09-2003, 06:52 AM
hahah i am sure shareman wont make it that easy for ya ;)

--Spam--
12-09-2003, 06:56 AM
I mean in newer version of K-Lite.

james_bond_rulez
12-09-2003, 06:57 AM
well if you use "newer" version of "klite" you wouldn't need to change anything would you?

is that wut u mean?

--Spam--
12-09-2003, 07:02 AM
In reply to this: http://klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=86688

In K-Lite version 2.10, there is an option to change the version number in the registry to something else.

Can you just change the version number (in K-Lite 2.4.3) in the registry to something else by hand (i.e. editing the registry)?

james_bond_rulez
12-09-2003, 07:05 AM
mmm haven't done it but not sure if you can do that

but i am sure after newer version of kmd version come out it would be difficult to connect to users with kmd without newer hacked version of klite <_<

just changing the version number? dont you think that&#39;s a lil too easy to do? and you think kazaa developers would be so dumb to just let you change the v number so you can connect? lol

heh :lol:

--Spam--
12-09-2003, 07:07 AM
You have a point there.

Shadowness
12-09-2003, 07:13 AM
very true they would not make it so easy, but I just brought it up because Paul had mentioned it on that post, and i thought maybe there was something there.:)

MagicNakor
12-09-2003, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by james_bond_rulez@9 December 2003 - 08:05
... and you think kazaa developers would be so dumb to just let you change the v number so you can connect? lol

heh :lol:
Random did say that the devs did some pretty asinine things.

:ninja:

imported_uncle_cracker
12-09-2003, 08:48 AM
hello @all,

because of an illness i was not on the board for the last six months.
it is crazy what happened in that time :huh:

so please keep me informed what&#39;s going on :lol:

i like klite and i&#39;ll be happy if we can go on using it :)

cu uncle_cracker

thewizeard
12-09-2003, 08:58 AM
To bring a bit of sanity back into the discussion...Please be aware that more than 30 milliion users, are using the older versions of Kazaa and/or Kazza-lite. How many of the the new software, kazaa 2.6, has been downloaded? Is the supernode optie being used by default? So what do you think? Not enough to make the slightest impact ...yet.

If you are really worried or concerned about the future of kazaa-lite then switch on your supernode optie... force supernode&#33; Action speaks louder than words.That is in any case my choice. I think it would be a great idea if all kazaa-lite users would force supernode all at the same date and time for let&#39;s say at least 48 hours... As a sort of gesture of support and thanks to Paul, Random_Nut and all the other developers&#33; Good idea, don&#39;t you think? :)

.......Now what would be the best time for such an action? B)

imported_uncle_cracker
12-09-2003, 09:24 AM
ok, let&#39;s do it :rolleyes:

anytime you want - i will be with you, and hopeful many other klite users to

let&#39;s try it ...............................

cu uncle_cracker

Rat Faced
12-09-2003, 01:12 PM
Force supernode and put a patch that stops version 2.6 Kazaa from connecting to you :P

Like that idea :lol: :lol:

thewizeard
12-09-2003, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Rat Faced@9 December 2003 - 13:12
Force supernode and put a patch that stops version 2.6 Kazaa from connecting to you :P

Like that idea :lol: :lol:
:o Good Idea Rat_Faced&#33; Random_Nut where are you.... :lol:

true_neo
12-09-2003, 04:03 PM
:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

.....right.
I have been reading on how ppl have switched to eMule and turned away from KLK++, even our own Paul&#33;
Now generally I wouldnt mind, as I used to have both KLK and eMule on. But even since I got my router, eMule is slower than ever (and yes I have set it to allow eMule both in files, firewall and advanced rules).
(plus the fact that I use internal RC&#39;s of eMule which has too much resource leak, and I cant be assed to go back... :rolleyes: )

so until they release a final, fuck eMule.

hence, I have forced myself as a SN.
peace out

Kunal
12-09-2003, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Rat Faced@9 December 2003 - 14:12
Force supernode and put a patch that stops version 2.6 Kazaa from connecting to you
noooo&#33; i use 2.6 sometimes&#33; (with klr of course)

Alex H
12-10-2003, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by james_bond_rulez@9 December 2003 - 07:05
just changing the version number? dont you think that&#39;s a lil too easy to do? and you think kazaa developers would be so dumb to just let you change the v number so you can connect?
Well, they did design all the KMD software that was reverse enginered to make KLite and all it&#39;s addons...maybe there is hope in their stupidity....

Wednesday
12-10-2003, 02:17 AM
Have forced Supernode

ninjamonkey
12-10-2003, 02:59 AM
what does forcign supernode do? how does it help us?

hitokri
12-10-2003, 05:24 PM
The fasttrack p2p network requires supernodes to function. Supernodes are hub servers that people can host on a regular computer with a decent internet connection in which peers connect to, where they search for files via sending a request to the supernode then the supernode searches for that file from the peers connected to it and other supernodes that service other peers. File transfers are purely p2p.

Sharman&#39;s programming department obviously thought that k lite could not become supernodes. But... THEY&#39;RE WRONG&#33; Klite clients by default have the supernode option turned off, but can become supernodes by clicking on one of the options off one of the sub-option menus.

So, to sum it up, K lite can exist provided that enough people from the KL community become supernodes, therefore forming a sub-network on the fast track network. And... since the majority of the quality files are shared by people who used KL, the quality of our files will become substantially higher than that of regular KMD, causing the population of KMD users to drop and KL users to soar&#33;

edit: added a lot of stuff