PDA

View Full Version : Burning Cd's In Order To Play Them On My Stereo...

~FunK_mOb~
12-10-2003, 01:34 PM
I'm kinda new to burning cd's so this may sound like a silly question.
But i know it's possible,I just don't know how. :confused:
Here's the questions:
-In what format should I burn my musicfiles onto the cd?(obviously,not mp3)
-what type of cd do I use?(cd-r,cd-rw,...)
-....that's all the questions I've got,for now. :)

Help me out please.
All general information on how to burn audio cd's in order to make them work on an ordinairy stereosystem is welcome.

Thnx in advance,

;)

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
12-10-2003, 01:41 PM
Burn as Audio.Can Play anywhere,Get CD-Rs.....not CD-RWs.

Adster
12-10-2003, 01:42 PM
burn it as audio not data

camille
12-10-2003, 01:44 PM
If I were you I wouldn't do that. There's a lot of job to be done. Why don't you buy an audio cable with 2 pairs of RCA plug and hook it in your stereo. Buy a "Y" connector for your audio out in your sound card. So simple isn't it?

~FunK_mOb~
12-10-2003, 01:47 PM
So,no matter what file-extention it has....(mp3,wav,....)If I burn them as audio,it will play on my stereo?

And one other thing:is it important at what speed I burn them?
Or doesn't that matter for audiofiles?

Adster
12-10-2003, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by camille@10 December 2003 - 23:44
If I were you I wouldn't do that. There's a lot of job to be done. Why don't you buy an audio cable with 2 pairs of RCA plug and hook it in your stereo. Buy a "Y" connector for your audio out in your sound card. So simple isn't it?
shit]
I refuse to play audio on my PC it sux need them on my stereo good sound and take the Cd's anywhere :P

oh and also burning as audio you can change the crossover gaps between tracks nothing worse for eg Pink Floyd half way through a song it stops for 2 seconds then leads into the next one at least burning as audio the gaps can be changed

Adster
12-10-2003, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by ~FunK_mOb~@10 December 2003 - 23:47
So,no matter what file-extention it has....(mp3,wav,....)If I burn them as audio,it will play on my stereo?

And one other thing:is it important at what speed I burn them?
Or doesn't that matter for audiofiles?
yes to answer your first question

I always burn at 16x even know I can go at 52x

i haev had a few problems burning at high speeds with crackles sounding in it before

~FunK_mOb~
12-10-2003, 02:49 PM
Thnx for the info.
All is working great now!

And since I'm asking about burning stuff,another question(don't think it's worth opening a new topic about it)

-how do I burn a ripped movie on a dvd in order to make it play on my stand-alone dvd-player?(burn it as data?)
-what will I use?(dvd-r,dvd-rw,dvd+r,....)
-recommended speed?

I have a dvd-player that's suposed to read DivX so I don't think it matters what kind of file it is...

If nobody can help me out here I might move my question to the movieworls-section,but any help is apreciated.

Thnx

edit:just finished burnig the audio-cd....it plays fine on my discman,on my playstation...but my stereo doesn't recognise it,it says "no disc"????
Does that mean it can't read cd-r's?I find that unlikely,since an older stereosystem of mine does read them perfectly...Did I went wrong somewhere?

camille
12-10-2003, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Adster+10 December 2003 - 21:05--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Adster &#064; 10 December 2003 - 21:05)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-camille@10 December 2003 - 23:44
If I were you I wouldn&#39;t do that. There&#39;s a lot of job to be done. Why don&#39;t you buy an audio cable with 2 pairs of RCA plug and hook it in your stereo. Buy a "Y" connector for your audio out in your sound card. So simple isn&#39;t it?
shit]
I refuse to play audio on my PC it sux need them on my stereo good sound and take the Cd&#39;s anywhere :P

[/b][/quote]
You&#39;re making a big mistake. Don&#39;t you know that Winamp is full of plug ins and enhancers. You can cross over, cross fade, dfx, and a lot more. Maybe you haven&#39;t experienced doing this. When you carry your CD&#39;s you have to bring your case. It sucks. he.. he.. he

muchspl2
12-10-2003, 03:31 PM
if you get a newer receiver that half way decient, try to look for a usp plug in
thats how I connect my stereo to my pc, works great

~FunK_mOb~
12-10-2003, 05:23 PM
Ok,forget about the movieburning part.
I&#39;ll open a topic on that in the movieworld

But does anybody have an answer on this:

edit:just finished burnig the audio-cd....it plays fine on my discman,on my playstation...but my stereo doesn&#39;t recognise it,it says "no disc"????
Does that mean it can&#39;t read cd-r&#39;s?I find that unlikely,since an older stereosystem of mine does read them perfectly...Did I went wrong somewhere?

Aren&#39;t all cdplayers supposed to read cd-r&#39;s?

the_faceman
12-10-2003, 06:27 PM
depends on their age. newer models (from maybe the last 3 or 4 years) support even CD-RW.

~FunK_mOb~
12-10-2003, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by the_faceman@10 December 2003 - 19:27
depends on their age. newer models (from maybe the last 3 or 4 years) support even CD-RW.
mine is hardly two years old(at the most) :blink:

I did just notice it said "no disc" even when i put it a regular (bought) cd in it.
Some he reads others he doesn&#39;t notice???

I&#39;m cleaning my lens at this time,hope that will help.

cwctv
12-10-2003, 06:44 PM
I have a dvd-player that&#39;s suposed to read DivX so I don&#39;t think it matters what kind of file it is...

What do you mean by this is it a home Dvd player.
What are the movies avi at say 700 meg in size.

FORGET it just seen your other post.

camille
12-10-2003, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by muchspl2@10 December 2003 - 22:31
if you get a newer receiver that half way decient,
What is that receiver?