PDA

View Full Version : Burning Divx Onto Disc.

~FunK_mOb~
12-10-2003, 05:38 PM
I'm not too familiar with burning movies.
So here goes:

-how do I burn a movie(dl from k-lite)(DivX) on a disc in order to make it play on my stand-alone dvd-player?(burn it as data?)
-what kind of disc will I use?(dvd-r,dvd-rw,dvd+r,cd-r,cd-rw,....)
-recommended speed?

-other things I should know?

-I've got a KISS DP-500,can play DVD,SVCD,VCD,XVID,DivX(4 and 5),so I don't think I need to convert it into another format.
-Nero 6.00.28 to burn.

I know there are a lot of topics about burning but i didn't really find all the information I needed.

All help is much apreciated.

ck-uk
12-10-2003, 05:58 PM
:unsure: mate if you need to do anything special.Just burn it as normal data.What some ppl dont know mate you can do exactly the same with mpegs too as long as your player supports iso format.Just chuck what you want on a disk & burn.

If your unsure of using nero,use the wizard or express thing & choose data cd.

~FunK_mOb~
12-10-2003, 06:04 PM
Ok,thnx for answering the "how to" question. B)

But all those kind of discs freak me out...so wich one do I use? :huh:

No problem with how to use nero so far,that I can manage. :lol:

ck-uk
12-10-2003, 06:10 PM
If you have a dvd burner dvd,if not cdr.Fill the disc&burn. :)

Rock Tonic Juice Magic
12-10-2003, 06:43 PM
DVDrHelp/VCDHelp.com (http://dvdrhelp.com)

cwctv
12-10-2003, 06:53 PM
Burn on a normal cdr or cdrw if you don't want to keep after you have watched the movie,I have a Yamada Dvd Player and its brill cut amd watch use a low speed say 16 or higher if you THINK the player will read it.

First go here and download it so you can check the movie before burning if you don't it could freeze when playing due to bad frames(well mine does) .

http://divxrepair.sourceforge.net/

~FunK_mOb~
12-10-2003, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by cwctv@10 December 2003 - 19:53
Burn on a normal cdr or cdrw if you don't want to keep after you have watched the movie
What do you mean with that? :blink:

cwctv
12-10-2003, 07:12 PM
Well I don't keep just watch so I use a cd-rw re-format that disc then put another one on I also have a second cd-rw in case the movie is in 2 parts,to give to friends I use cd-r's.
Just cut as you would for it to read on a pc (Data)

~FunK_mOb~
12-10-2003, 07:13 PM
I just tried to burn some small movieclips on a cd-r as data,but Nero says it's not the right cd to use for it.Anyway,it refused to burn the files as data onto that cd-r...
Now,what did I do wrong?

@cwctv Ok,now i understand

;)

cwctv
12-10-2003, 07:17 PM
Hmm nothing I am on verison 5 of Nero if you have a problem someone with 6 might know but I don't see a problem what format are the movie clips in avi ?

~FunK_mOb~
12-10-2003, 07:21 PM
No,they're all in mpeg format...it was just for a test burn.
Does the format matter wether or not you can burn it as data? :huh:

I'm no connaiseur as you probably allready noticed. :P

cwctv
12-10-2003, 07:34 PM
Right ok yes mpeg's have to be cut as S(vcd) but it should still have saved as data for storing and anyway there is normally more avi downloads than mpeg's there is one coming along known as Ksvd which is an mpeg squashed onto one disc,if you see these as you go searching for movies before you start to download check to see if your dvd can play them.

I don't know about your Kiss so I will just say this what I get on my tv is what I see on the computer black bars at the top and bottom (non at sides) but bigger its all to do with whatever the movie size was encoded in,to get full screen it as to be re-encoded which isn't worth the time and effort I do get dolby with certain (ac3) ones.

mark845
12-10-2003, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by ~FunK_mOb~@10 December 2003 - 20:13
I just tried to burn some small movieclips on a cd-r as data,but Nero says it's not the right cd to use for it.Anyway,it refused to burn the files as data onto that cd-r...
Now,what did I do wrong?

@cwctv Ok,now i understand

;)
what size is the file ur trying to burn? u sumtimes get that message in nero if the file is to big

~FunK_mOb~
12-10-2003, 08:25 PM
@cwctv Kiss doesn't support Ksvd as far as i know

@mark854 it wasn't that big,about 54mb

mark845
12-10-2003, 08:38 PM
strange, but anyway wot type ov file isit?

~FunK_mOb~
12-10-2003, 08:41 PM
four posts earlier:

Originally posted by ~FunK_mOb~@10 December 2003 - 20:21
No,they're all in mpeg format...it was just for a test burn.
Does the format matter wether or not you can burn it as data? :huh:

I'm no connaiseur as you probably allready noticed. :P

SMID
12-11-2003, 12:47 AM
In your first post you seem to say they are xvids then later on you say they are mpegs.

Did you convert the avi to mpeg for your test, or did you d/l mpegs.

What did you use to decode.

If the file is mpeg1 it should burn with any of the later versions of Nero, just select burn as video cd or Svideo cd. If you still cant burn sometimes nero will try to convert for you (which is not always that good)
Convert Avi to VCD with tmpgenc.

would be of more help if i new the format you are trying to burn.

Cheers

~FunK_mOb~
12-11-2003, 03:40 AM
Originally posted by SMID@11 December 2003 - 01:47
In your first post you seem to say they are xvids then later on you say they are mpegs.

the actual files I want to burn are DivX format.
The mpeg files I was talking about later on in the post were just meant to be used for a test burn to see how it would turn out and if my (standallone)dvd-player would read data-discs.And since I'm burning them as data I don't think it matters anymore what format it is,or does it?
Anyway,I'm going to buy me some new discs tomorow and spent some more time with nero to figure it out some more.
And hopefully all will work out well...otherwise you'll hear from me again in this topic B)

cwctv
12-12-2003, 06:15 PM
@cwctv Kiss doesn't support Ksvd as far as i know

http://kvcd.org/portal/index.php?lng=en

http://kvcd.org/portal/articles.php?lng=en&pg=19 is yours here NO is the answer but it doesn't mean you can't watch them go here http://kvcd.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5581 and down the test
movies,then you will know if you see a kvcd in the search of KaZaa its worth downing.
As for mpegs you only really need avi's now unless you can't find one,to convert to mpeg is not needed with the Kiss (avi's only) and just a waste of time.