PDA

View Full Version : F*cking Codecs Pissing Me Off

Adster
12-11-2003, 12:08 AM
OK got this movie plays absolutely perfect with video lan

now play it in avi preview it jumps like someone is shaking the camera up and down!!

i encode it too mpgeg to burn and it is shaking in WMP yet it plays fine yet again with video lan this is a fucking pain in the ass unistalling codecs, been fucking around for ages and can't work it out and I refuse to watch this movie for 2 and a half hours on a PC!!

so what hell is gong on???

I know the movie must be fine because it plays fine in video lan as always problem is when its encoded or played on any other player its f*cked!!

also its a xvid

3RA1N1AC
12-11-2003, 01:08 AM
i bet that before this thread is finished, somebody is going to come in, say "get the k-lite codec pack," and leave without even putting a moment's thought into solving your problem. :lol:

have you tried enabling or disabling the video overlay? that might have some effect.

Adster
12-11-2003, 01:34 AM
i worked out but thanks anyway

Rocktron had a Xvid codec for me and its perfect now

yes teh kazaa codec pack pretty much sux its buggy as hell

muchspl2
12-11-2003, 02:34 AM
I wasn't going to help because you don't follow through :/
look @ the kvcd threads, you just give up after not doing it right the first time, if I remember correctly you had the same problem with a movie skipping around

Adster
12-11-2003, 02:42 AM
thsi wasnt skippign aroun dit was a codec problem and as for the kvcds they dont work i haev followed your guide 1 million times so im guessign its probably my DVD player that doesnt like them

-E-
12-15-2003, 07:55 PM
I had that prob with a movie file. Solution? I just run it with VideoLAN like you did. It only ever happened for me with that one file so I figured it was a poor encode or f-ed download.

VideoLAN made it all good tho.

DWk
12-15-2003, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by Adster@10 December 2003 - 19:42
its probably my DVD player that doesnt like them
or doesnt support em? :)