PDA

View Full Version : Dvd Ripper Program

imported_Sly_Cooper
02-15-2003, 07:02 PM
Which DVD ripper program is the best out there?

Shinigami_[R.I.P.]
02-15-2003, 07:06 PM
This isn't really ONE program but rather a collection that will aid in ripping and burning. It's called DVD Wizard Pro. Do a search on Kazaa Lite and you'll find many sources for it.

Edit: typo

N£MO
02-15-2003, 07:41 PM
I use SmartRipper,you should find that freely available on kazaa...hope that helps :D

Seb Lite
02-15-2003, 07:49 PM
You can also use VCD Galaxy that is amazing!

4play
02-15-2003, 07:58 PM
vstrip, dvdecrypter, smartripper and decss.

they are all pretty good in their own way but if you have never done it before smartripper is easy to use and if you have done this before try vstrip.
it is the best for ripping in my opinion but difficult to use.

find them here www.doom9.org (http://www.doom9.org)

DiogenesUK
02-16-2003, 12:21 AM
DVDx isn't a bad one either,it's given me the best quality rips to svcd,I never bother to compromise by doing vcd,they're often just dismal quality.

Supernatural
02-16-2003, 07:14 AM
PCworld says DVDx is the best, so I'll go with what they say.

Speos
03-03-2003, 05:13 AM
The realy best program I have used is NEODIVX :

just insert your DVD, execute neodivx (select "easy"), then select the output directory and click "GO"

honestly it is great, much better than the Flaskmpeg and co. (and I tried a lot).

It is in fact a completly automated rip based on different tools ...

Just try it and you'll love it !

Speos. :rolleyes:

sleepnmojo
03-03-2003, 05:15 AM
DVD decryptor

It has ifoparsing.

FlamingYob
03-03-2003, 06:02 AM
I use smart ripper, rips audio and picture. Then I use Flask MPEG to convert the VOB files to AVI using XVID compression. Takes the 3GB VOB'S down to about 1.2GB. Amazing quality.

DARKSHADOW
03-03-2003, 11:08 AM
For dvd to vcd-svcd i use dvddecryter with dvd2avi as the frame server
then tempeg.

for dvd to avi i use dvddecryter and flaskmpeg! :)

ShareDaddy
03-03-2003, 03:50 PM
DVD Decrypter is my personal favorite, I used to use SmartRipper for everything, however it would only rip so many movies there were always a movie here or there that it would not rip correctly, So I have since went to DVD-Decrypter and have had great success. Now as far as encoding them, I use Vidomi, it allows for settings to encode to various number of disc's, so if I want super HQ then I can encode to several discs and at the size I want. Vidomi will let you use DIVX or XVID codecs and I think it is the very best Quality with little or no user help required.