12-12-2003, 04:13 AM
shit u better hose the sucka down!!! :D :lol:

abu_has_the_power
12-12-2003, 04:19 AM
Originally posted by KrackHead2k@11 December 2003 - 23:12
http://www.chinkii.com/uploads/album/misc/cputemp_krackhead2k.jpg

Thats like a minute and a half with the CPU usage at 80%. :o

Help!
hey. sory i couldn't get on aim. my trillian is messing up. i'm trying to fix the prob. like i said yesterday, call up the "friend" that built ur pc, and beat him with a baseball bat.

if u guys have no clue wat i'm talking about:

aparrently, his friend built his pc without a heatsink! wat kind of builder is that? from wat krackhead told me yesterday, the fan is running rite over the cpu. i think there's something in between, but it's very small. that's y his temps are so high. as for the 80C, he didn't tell me and i still cant figure out wat that is. it could be CPU2. my Cpu2 temp is 63 all the time. not sure wat it is.

Rip The Jacker
12-12-2003, 04:27 AM
How do I know what Temp1, Temp2, and Temp3 are exactly? And how can I tell? I think it's time to try with my PC open, see how it does then.

abu_has_the_power
12-12-2003, 04:31 AM
Originally posted by KrackHead2k@11 December 2003 - 23:27
How do I know what Temp1, Temp2, and Temp3 are exactly? And how can I tell? I think it's time to try with my PC open, see how it does then.
i'd put it next to an open window. that will always lower temps.

Rip The Jacker
12-12-2003, 04:59 AM
Is it dangerous to place an open PC on a carpet?

abu_has_the_power
12-12-2003, 05:01 AM
Originally posted by KrackHead2k@11 December 2003 - 23:59
Is it dangerous to place an open PC on a carpet?
there shouldn't b. y u putting on carpet?

Rip The Jacker
12-12-2003, 05:03 AM
Just wanted to know, to be safe. I heard it's dangerous cus of static electricity.

abu_has_the_power
12-12-2003, 05:04 AM
Originally posted by KrackHead2k@12 December 2003 - 00:03
Just wanted to know, to be safe. I heard it's dangerous cus of static electricity.
yea. it is. i wouldn't.

wat's the point of putting on carpet? put it on a table or on some kind of hard floor. even hard floors might have static. put it on ur sofa or ur bed. not much static there

bob_the_alien
12-12-2003, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by KrackHead2k@11 December 2003 - 23:03
It's a slight chance; I've done it plenty of times on a carpeted floor, just touch metal first before touching anything inside the case, so you don't release any static electricity into the system.

And if the above was correct, deffinity kill your friend, anyone who would build a computer for you without a hsf, isn’t much of a friend.
My system automatically shuts down at 80C.
I'm paranoid about system temps anyway, I'm always monitoring them, If I ever seen my system at 80C, I think I'd die of a heart attack. :lol:
I start freakin&#39; out when it reaches 44C <_<

Kunal
12-12-2003, 09:37 AM
have you checked your temps in your bios? as speedfan is often innacuarte, ill post a shot of mine in a sec, hold up

Edit: Here It is: (Hmonitor gives the same temps as my bios), comps been on for a good few days also

http://www.freewebs.com/thedaddy/speedfan.JPG

atiVidia
12-12-2003, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by bob_the_alien+12 December 2003 - 03:57--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bob_the_alien @ 12 December 2003 - 03:57)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-KrackHead2k@11 December 2003 - 23:03
Just wanted to know, to be safe. I heard it&#39;s dangerous cus of static electricity.
It&#39;s a slight chance; I&#39;ve done it plenty of times on a carpeted floor, just touch metal first before touching anything inside the case, so you don&#39;t release any static electricity into the system.

And if the above was correct, deffinity kill your friend, anyone who would build a computer for you without a hsf, isn’t much of a friend.
My system automatically shuts down at 80C.
I&#39;m paranoid about system temps anyway, I&#39;m always monitoring them, If I ever seen my system at 80C, I think I&#39;d die of a heart attack. :lol:
I start freakin&#39; out when it reaches 44C <_< [/b][/quote]
1: my pc shuts down at 65°c&#33;

2: ud better fuck ur friend up the ass, cuz anyone who builds a PC without an HSF is a true ass sucker who probly only built a PC back in the days of the pentium 1

so, you should buy two things

1: a new HSF
2: a butcher&#39;s knife ;) :angel2:

now go beat that SOB down&#33;&#33;&#33; :tank:

lynx
12-12-2003, 02:31 PM
Speedfan shows all the possible sensors connected to the chip(s) it detects. You can remove the ones you don&#39;t have by pressing that little button which says "Configure".
You can even change the descriptions and the order of the fans/temps.

To find out which temp is which, make a note of the temps, then immediately reboot your machine and go into the bios. The temp won&#39;t have changed significantly. If you&#39;ve only got 2 temps shown in the bios, there&#39;s no way that speedfan can invent another, but the chip may be capable of handling 3 sensors so there is another nonsense reading - you simply have to turn it off.

The same thing applies to fan speeds and fan control.

Rip The Jacker
12-12-2003, 06:44 PM
Okay I called the dude that built my computer, and I do infact have a heatsink. But then why are my temps so damn high? I&#39;m at school right now, when I get home, I&#39;ll download Hardware Sensors Monitor and see what that says.

Kunal
12-12-2003, 06:47 PM
how many case fans do you have? i have a volcano 12 hsf on mine, so ive got excellent cooling, you will probs got a stock heatsink/fan, you could try replacing that and it will reduce the temps

clocker
12-12-2003, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by Kunal@12 December 2003 - 11:47
how many case fans do you have? i have a volcano 12 hsf on mine, so ive got excellent cooling, you will probs got a stock heatsink/fan, you could try replacing that and it will reduce the temps
Although your suggestion will help Kunal, even a properly installed and functioning HSF should keep temps way below 80C.
Something ain&#39;t right here.

Kunal
12-12-2003, 07:24 PM
i think its reading a non-existant sensor, as it does on mine

abu_has_the_power
12-12-2003, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by Kunal@12 December 2003 - 14:24
i think its reading a non-existant sensor, as it does on mine
yea. just like my cpu2 that stays at 63C 24/7

fuzzyrick
12-12-2003, 10:22 PM
CrackHead

At 80C you probably have a hardware prob....

1. open your case then fire it up make sure all your fans are working

2. your pc is in a carpeted room (and I&#39;ll assume you spend little time under the hood) you probably have a serious dust population :ph34r:

a. if so get yourself a can of compressed air and if you have a small vac or one those hoses on the big one grab it....

b. shut it down, if you&#39;re worried &#39;bout static move to the kitchen (i&#39;ve allways worked on carpet, don&#39;t drag your feet just touch the case before you touch anything else)

c. get cleaning, be sure to keep air can upright (when it starts getting real cold stop and let it warm back up) Hold the vac near (try not to touch anything with it) to were you are cleaning it will grab most of the flying dust...

If you&#39;ve had this box awhile ( 6months+) you may need to pull your cpu fan off (dust can really pile up between your fan and heatsink) just loosen the screws and pull it off (you won&#39;t fry anything)

3. All your fans are working and dust free. close it back up fire it and check temps again (from windows then restart then check bios should be within a few degrees)

4. If your still cooking I can go on?

I didn&#39;t see any reference to what CPU and how many case fans... I&#39;m assuming you got AMD. If I&#39;m not mistakin a P4 would have been silicon puddle already...

Rip The Jacker
12-13-2003, 01:33 AM
I thought maybe 80C was a false censor, so I downloaded Hardware Sensors Monitor. Here is a screenshot:

http://www.chinkii.com/uploads/album/misc/pic23719_krackhead2k.jpg

In this case CPU2 is high, and WTF? CPU fan speed 0 RPM? Time I check this out...

abu_has_the_power
12-13-2003, 01:55 AM
the 75 is cpu2. aka, false sensor reading. many mobos have it. mines at 63C, i just disregard it. cuz there&#39;s no possible way any part of my pc is at 63C

lynx
12-13-2003, 02:22 AM
How many times do I have to tell you guys?

Press the friggin Configure button and turn off the non-existant sensors.

:rolleyes:

Rip The Jacker
12-13-2003, 02:28 AM
So my CPU doesn&#39;t overheat. So why the hell does my PC crash whenever I do something big. Like play a game, or extract a bunch of files. :(

RGX
12-13-2003, 02:39 AM
well, my fan died the other day and currently my PC is running, purely with heatsink at (stable) 70 degrees centigrade, it rises to 74 under load.....sufficed to say, im not running it for more than a few hours at a time

So, your chip will probably take that heat for a short time with no HS but I would really reccomend getting one fast and not getting anything built buy your friend again :lol:

abu_has_the_power
12-13-2003, 02:43 AM
Originally posted by RGX@12 December 2003 - 21:39
well, my fan died the other day and currently my PC is running, purely with heatsink at (stable) 70 degrees centigrade, it rises to 74 under load.....sufficed to say, im not running it for more than a few hours at a time

So, your chip will probably take that heat for a short time with no HS but I would really reccomend getting one fast and not getting anything built buy your friend again :lol:
heres wat u should do:

1. go and beat ur friend&#39;s face in

2. if ur not upgrading anytime soon, go to some reseller site and buy a good hsf.

RGX
12-13-2003, 02:47 AM
Originally posted by abu_has_the_power+13 December 2003 - 02:43--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (abu_has_the_power @ 13 December 2003 - 02:43)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-RGX@12 December 2003 - 21:39

So, your chip will probably take that heat for a short time with no HS but I would really reccomend getting one fast and not getting anything built buy your friend again&nbsp; :lol:
heres wat u should do:

2. if ur not upgrading anytime soon, go to some reseller site and buy a good hsf. [/b][/quote]
indeed, i built this PC, I was referring to Kracks friend, I did try and get a new one today but I live in a small town with a crappy pc shop that had no fans, so i will get one on sun when i go christmas shopping

abu_has_the_power
12-13-2003, 02:48 AM
Originally posted by RGX+12 December 2003 - 21:47--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (RGX @ 12 December 2003 - 21:47)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@13 December 2003 - 02:43
<!--QuoteBegin-RGX@12 December 2003 - 21:39

heres wat u should do:

2. if ur not upgrading anytime soon, go to some reseller site and buy a good hsf.
indeed, i built this PC, I was referring to Kracks friend, I did try and get a new one today but I live in a small town with a crappy pc shop that had no fans, so i will get one on sun when i go christmas shopping [/b][/quote]
or u can just buy online.

RGX
12-13-2003, 02:49 AM
Originally posted by abu_has_the_power+13 December 2003 - 02:48--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (abu_has_the_power @ 13 December 2003 - 02:48)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by RGX@12 December 2003 - 21:47

heres wat u should do:

indeed, i built this PC, I was referring to Kracks friend, I did try and get a new one today but I live in a small town with a crappy pc shop that had no fans, so i will get one on sun when i go christmas shopping
or u can just buy online. [/b][/quote]
Which would cost in shipping and wouldnt get here as soon

abu_has_the_power
12-13-2003, 02:52 AM
Originally posted by RGX+12 December 2003 - 21:49--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (RGX @ 12 December 2003 - 21:49)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@13 December 2003 - 02:48

heres wat u should do:

Which would cost in shipping and wouldnt get here as soon [/b][/quote]
newegg and tigerdirect and other resellers often have free shipping promotions. i know pcmall.com just had a free shipping hting where u buy anything over 25 and ur ups grnd shipping is free

_John_Lennon_
12-13-2003, 03:59 AM
Originally posted by KrackHead2k@12 December 2003 - 21:28
So my CPU doesn&#39;t overheat. So why the hell does my PC crash whenever I do something big. Like play a game, or extract a bunch of files. :(
Whats your OS, Ram, Processor specs, etc etc.

You guys really need to have your PC specs in your sig, like myself and a few others.

DWk
12-13-2003, 04:01 AM
sweet im there :D

Rip The Jacker
12-13-2003, 04:06 AM
I talked to the guy who built my computer, YES I do have a heatsink, I even checked it myself. I still don&#39;t think CPU2 is a false sensor, it goes up when I play games, and goes down when I stop playing. And my computer still crashes when I play games, what should I do?

bob_the_alien
12-13-2003, 09:34 AM
I think it&#39;s most likely a false sensor reading, but there’s only one way to tell for sure, take the advice given before, and reboot your system. Press delete, and enter the bios, find the PC Health section, and go and see what temps are being reported in the bios.
If you find one reporting at 80c in there, then you have a problem, if it’s running the normal 30c - 50c then you don&#39;t.

As far as the games goes, could it be that your friend overclocked your system, when I oc my system too far, when I play games or do something that puts the cpu under full load for a while, the system will sometimes crash and reboot.

Also, I&#39;ve seen this happen, when you have bad or cheap ram installed as well.
A friend of mine had the crash and reboot happen to him every time he played Solider of Fortune 2, he was using PMI ram, I took it out, and replaced it with a stick out of my pc, and it worked perfect, but as soon as the PMI ram went back in BAM, system crash.
Anyway, it could be many things causing the crash besides your system getting too hot.

clocker
12-13-2003, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by KrackHead2k@12 December 2003 - 21:06
I talked to the guy who built my computer, YES I do have a heatsink, I even checked it myself. I still don&#39;t think CPU2 is a false sensor, it goes up when I play games, and goes down when I stop playing. And my computer still crashes when I play games, what should I do?
This really doesn&#39;t mean all that much.
One of my sensors reads -1C and then climbs up to 3C and back down.
I have another that reads over 100 all the time.
I&#39;m beginning to think that software sensors are only good for measuring the relative difference between things, not the actual temp at all.

lynx
12-13-2003, 05:04 PM
http://www.chinkii.com/uploads/album/misc/speedfan.jpg

Abu has got a real problem, I borrowed his hdd (sorry for not asking :lol: ) and I can really get the temps down on that. :P

Of course, it may just be because my jet engine appears to have flamed out.

RedRival
12-13-2003, 06:21 PM
is that like a software you can use to check your cpu/hdd temperature?
see I leave my computer on for 4-5 days in a row without switching it off...

it gets hot sometimes and I leave 1 side of my CPU open to cool it down...
I put it under my desk on carpeted floor..I don&#39;t think the hdd cools fast enough...

I need a software like that to check my CPU temp...

RGX
12-13-2003, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by abu_has_the_power+13 December 2003 - 02:52--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (abu_has_the_power @ 13 December 2003 - 02:52)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by RGX@12 December 2003 - 21:49

Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@13 December 2003 - 02:48

heres wat u should do:

Which would cost in shipping and wouldnt get here as soon
newegg and tigerdirect and other resellers often have free shipping promotions. i know pcmall.com just had a free shipping hting where u buy anything over 25 and ur ups grnd shipping is free [/b][/quote]
im in the uk abu, but thanks

RGX
12-13-2003, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by RedRival@13 December 2003 - 18:21
is that like a software you can use to check your cpu/hdd temperature?
see I leave my computer on for 4-5 days in a row without switching it off...

it gets hot sometimes and I leave 1 side of my CPU open to cool it down...
I put it under my desk on carpeted floor..I don&#39;t think the hdd cools fast enough...

I need a software like that to check my CPU temp...
its called speedfan 4.09, and it seems pretty good, checks three different temps, and HDD health

Ideally when your pc gets really hot you need to give it more airflow, so putting it under the desk may not be the best of ideas if there is no ventilation