PDA

View Full Version : Avi's Shrink To The Left Portion Of Monitor

mobboss01
02-15-2003, 09:13 PM
I did a search on google and in this forum, but it seems that there is no question like this mentioned that I could find.

I have been trying to view a couple of .avi's, but seconds into them, they snap from full screen to a small feed on the left hand side of the screen or they get pulled and the frames are "twisted". I have the most updated Nimo Codec Pack. I don't think it is a codec issue. What can I do to get these movies to play? I have even installed some new players and they all act the same. Thanks in advanced.

ShareDaddy
02-17-2003, 04:20 PM
What movies are they, names and files sizes?

I can see whether or not I have the same movies and then let you know what you need to do to get them to work. This may in fact be a codec issue, the Nimo codec pack sucks in my book, I uninstalled it to clear up some other issues I was having. I am able to watch 700 different movies without a hitch at the moment, I think you may want to install the DIVX total pack alone and see if this clears up your issues.

mobboss01
02-17-2003, 04:26 PM
Ok, I do like Total Pack too. Thanks for posting Sharedaddy. The movies in question at the moment are My Big Fat Greek Wedding and Gangs Of NY. I think it may be all of them at the moment. I am able to play them on my computer at the moment, but the problem is on my brothers computer. I will check codecs to be safe. Let me know of any other suggesstions.

mobboss01
02-17-2003, 04:29 PM
In addition, I checked my codec scheme and I am also using the same Nimo as him. But in addition, I have a codec pack called DivX 4.11 Codec. Maybe this one is the one that allows me to play and not him. He may need that DivX 4.11 Codec.

DataMore
02-17-2003, 05:23 PM
Just get K-Lite Codec Pack.
It installs the necessary pack of codecs and doesn't cause any kind of conflicts.
Hey it even comes with DivX Pro 5.0.3 without the crappy spyware! ;)

mobboss01
02-17-2003, 06:07 PM
Great Datamore, I thought that was just for Kazaa. I will get the pack now.

mobboss01
02-18-2003, 03:51 AM
Thanks Datamore. Just for the record, that fixed my problem. Codec all the way. Thanks SD for the input.