PDA

View Full Version : Ever Popular Invalid System Disk

zackpwebb
02-15-2003, 10:18 PM
ok, here is the deal..been working on this for like 7 hours strait now, getting the invalid system disk, replace and press any key error..(no disk in a: drive) checked cables..replaced cables, tried with book disk, tried without, replaced floppy drive, replaced hard drive...cant get into bios..help!! ran a norton scandisk from a norton rescue book, no virus..dont know what else to do...any suggestions will be appreciated. hardware is configured correctly (jumpers etc) computer was working fine, did normal reboot...started getting this error..please help
thanks,
zack

ooo
02-15-2003, 10:19 PM
there ya go.... you finnally posted it, yes i tried helping out already, but my information was not sufficent enough... so i recommended posting it on the kazaa lite forum :P....

zackpwebb
02-15-2003, 10:27 PM
aim zwebbbttw with any info

ooo
02-15-2003, 10:32 PM
dunt wry give it a day or two... someone will respond sooner or later... lol :P... umm u tried all my suggestions it didnt work?

zackpwebb
02-15-2003, 10:36 PM
yes, i have tried everything...trying with new hard drive again...

ooo
02-15-2003, 10:38 PM
that's always fun... could u enter ur bios w/ the new hard drive?

zackpwebb
02-15-2003, 10:39 PM
so far no, that is what i am trying now...

ooo
02-15-2003, 10:46 PM
check this post out

http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?act...ST&f=14&t=16179 (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?act=ST&f=14&t=16179)

ooo
02-15-2003, 11:30 PM
helloooo?

J'Pol
02-15-2003, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by zackpwebb@15 February 2003 - 23:18
ok, here is the deal..been working on this for like 7 hours strait now, getting the invalid system disk, replace and press any key error..(no disk in a: drive) checked cables..replaced cables, tried with book disk, tried without, replaced floppy drive, replaced hard drive...cant get into bios..help!! ran a norton scandisk from a norton rescue book, no virus..dont know what else to do...any suggestions will be appreciated. hardware is configured correctly (jumpers etc) computer was working fine, did normal reboot...started getting this error..please help
thanks,
zack
I'm getting a bit confused with your post. You say you can't get into the bios, or boot the computer. However you have ran a norton scandisk.

How is your computer set up to boot, i.e. in what order.

Do you get any error messages on the screen.

Have you heard any strange grinding noises in the run up to this problem, indicating hard drive failure.

Have you been getting any messages indicating problems with the motherboard e.g. cmos battery running low.

If you could calmly explain what is happening, what the problem is and any messages you got then someone may be able to help. Please dont leave things out. e.g. if your dog switched the computer off while the hard driove was running at full speed it is probably best to mention it.

Cheers

JimF

ooo
02-15-2003, 11:35 PM
it is sorta similar to the problem i had.... :/ but not exactly...

scruge
02-16-2003, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by zackpwebb@15 February 2003 - 23:18
thanks,
zack
What's keeping you from getting into the bios?
will the system boot off the floppy with the hd disconnected?

danne
02-16-2003, 12:32 AM
lol... this sounds like what usually happens when you run w2k or xp and change the motherboard. If the controller card for HD's isn't from the same manufacturer and haven't got the same PCI id, you get this kind of error and have to remove your HD drivers and install m$ standard drivers, then install the new ones.

Altho, that doesn't seem to be the thing in your case. A bit of a messy post with too little info to be of any help really. soree, give us more info

Chilly
02-16-2003, 12:36 AM
Soul814 he is your man he knows all about this prolem LOL.

Nobody1234
02-16-2003, 12:49 AM
What do you mean you can't get into the bios? What brand and model of motherboard is it?

If you disconnect all the cables to all the drives you should still be able to reach the bios. What did you do just before you had this problem? Did you flash the bios or something?

ooo
02-16-2003, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by Chilly@16 February 2003 - 01:36
Soul814 he is your man he knows all about this prolem LOL.
lol he aimed me.... but the problem is he cant get into the mother board!

Satan
02-16-2003, 08:59 PM
there are two things you need to get into the BIOS...

a power supply, which I assume you have, and RAM...oh, and of course a video card...

I just had the same exact problem and finally figured the brand new stick of 256 RAM was bad..upon replacement, I got into bios...

If you hear 3 beeps in a row, it most likely means that you have a video card problem, either it is loose in its slot, or fried..

if you have just a blank screen and no beeps at all, it is most likely the RAM

Never mind..from re-reading all the previous posts, I doubt this has anything to do with the problem... :blink:

zackpwebb
02-16-2003, 10:13 PM
sorry guys,

sorry, i didnt mean to post a message and dissappear. my isp here was having trouble...anyway..i got the problem fixed, switched out the drives, and created a boot disk from a different computer..it worked..apparently i had a corrupted boot disk...thanks for eveyone's help..sorry to waste your time.

zack

Nobody1234
02-17-2003, 02:26 AM
@zackpwebb,

I still have to ask why you said you couldn't get into the bios?