PDA

View Full Version : Help Setting Up The Bat

Mik3ll
12-13-2003, 03:22 AM
Hi, does anyone know how to set up The Bat email client with AOL?

AOL isnt our ISP, we have DSL, but we just use it for email and my parents dont want to get rid of it. But my brother always goes on AOL and keeps it on like all day so I cant get on, and it takes to long going through aol.com.

Smith
12-13-2003, 07:12 AM
....the fact that ur using aol in the first place, is your own fault <_<

Smurfette
12-13-2003, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by Mik3ll@13 December 2003 - 03:22
Hi, does anyone know how to set up The Bat email client with AOL?I think you have to use AOL&#39;s software for their mail and news services.

AOL isnt our ISP, we have DSL, but we just use it for email and my parents dont want to get rid of it.&nbsp; But my brother always goes on AOL and keeps it on like all day so I cant get on, and it takes to long going through aol.com.I have no idea what you&#39;re saying.

Mik3ll
12-13-2003, 05:46 PM
AOL is not our ISP, we used it a long time ago for our dial up. But then we switched to DSL about 3 years ago, but my parents never got rid of AOL, so we just kept it for our email.

I guess I will make a hotmail account, can the Bat be set up with that?

Smurfette
12-19-2003, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by Mik3ll@13 December 2003 - 17:46
AOL is not our ISP, we used it a long time ago for our dial up. But then we switched to DSL about 3 years ago, but my parents never got rid of AOL, so we just kept it for our email.

I guess I will make a hotmail account, can the Bat be set up with that?
No, The Bat&#33; won&#39;t work with any http based email systems. For that you can set up outlook Express or I think the Office11 version of Outlook (2003?) can do it too.