PDA

View Full Version : Games Get Stuck!

Ed.Z
12-13-2003, 11:38 AM
Okay i don't know what's been going on but lately everytime i play a game it runs perfect for like 10 minutes then it keeps on getting stuck and going back on and getting stuck again, and it's really getting annoying. I've got the drivers updated for my video card and everything got the patches and it still does the same thing even with small game like nhl 2002. Does anybody know what the problem is or how it can be solved?

tHe LiNk
12-13-2003, 12:14 PM
Have you ever overclocked your video card?

swarnel
12-13-2003, 12:51 PM
yeah sounds like a video card problem

Ed.Z
12-13-2003, 09:39 PM
I don't know how to overclock my video card, do you need some kind of program?
And are there websites that tell you what to do?

My video card is the nvidia geforce4 mx 440

Ed.Z
12-14-2003, 01:09 AM
anyone got a solution for this?

zolaisugly
12-14-2003, 01:29 AM
not sure if this will help but as you said you got all the patches for it but it could be that at some stage your driver file got messed up.

i suggest unistalling your card and drivers (sometimes if you go to add remove there may be a way to uninstall for your driver) if not go to program manger and delete your video driver that way.

after it will revert to a very basic desktop then just reinstall your card drivers. after driver install but before applying any new patches try running game if it works patch at fault if not try patch it may work it may not sorry if not much help.

Ed.Z
12-14-2003, 02:08 AM
nope nothing

thanks anyways