PDA

View Full Version : Correctly Name The Movie The Last Quote Is From

noob
12-13-2003, 03:02 PM
"I have a terrible, terrible confession to make. That story I told you yesterday was just a story."

"Oh, that. Well, we, we didn't exactly believe your story, Miss--uh, what is your name? Wonderly or Leblanc?"

"It's O'Shaughnessy. Brigid O'Shaughnessy."

"We didn't exactly believe your story, Miss O'Shaughnessy. We believed your two hundred dollars."

"You mean that..."

"I mean, you paid us more than if you'd been telling us the truth, and enough more to make it all right."

una
12-13-2003, 04:10 PM
The Maltese Falcon.

noob
12-20-2003, 03:15 PM
nobody wanted to play? i'll post another quote just in case.

"There are two kinds of women: high maintenance and low maintenance."
"Which one am I?"
"You're the worst kind. You're high maintenance but you think you're low maintenance."

remember to post your own quote if you guess correct. this keeps the chain going. if nobody responds i can take a hint. :(

Samurai
12-20-2003, 03:22 PM
Answer:
When Harry Met Sally

Quotes To Guess:
"One has to ask some very strange favors in the job I have"

"Danny, you speak Russian?""A little, but only one sentence"

"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or from the air; and I plan on doing both so before the war is out"

Cheese
12-20-2003, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Samurai@20 December 2003 - 14:22
Answer:
When Harry Met Sally

Quotes To Guess:
"One has to ask some very strange favors in the job I have"

"Danny, you speak Russian?""A little, but only one sentence"

"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or from the air; and I plan on doing both so before the war is out"
The Great Escape.

Quote to answer:

"Feed me, Seymour!"

Samurai
12-20-2003, 05:32 PM
Simpsons?? LOL

3rd gen noob
12-20-2003, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Withcheese@20 December 2003 - 14:47
"Feed me, Seymour!"
i googled this (i wasn't planning to answer, so don't call me a cheat...) and i found this pic:

http://www.bloglicious.net/archives/images/fatcat.jpg

:lol:

Cheese
12-20-2003, 05:47 PM
Sorry I could only think of one quote...I'll give you a clue:

It's a musical.

@3rdgen: That's a big pussy :o

Samurai
12-20-2003, 06:06 PM
Little Shop of Horrors?

guit_steel
12-20-2003, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by Withcheese@20 December 2003 - 10:47
"Feed me, Seymour!"
Already been said, but I'll confim: Little Shop of Horrors (Great cameo by Steve Martin!)

Next:
"I've got a few minutes."
"So go boil an egg."

Samurai
12-20-2003, 07:28 PM
Technically it should have been my turn... but seeing as you quoted a film which is one of my favourites, I'll spare you.

Answer:
Payback
----------
Quotes:

"I'm fed up saving your ass. I'm amazed you made it past puberty"
"Make no mistake, gentlemen. We are in the fight of our lives, against one of the greatest battalion commanders of the Vietnam War, I shit you not"

Cheese
12-20-2003, 07:55 PM
The Rock

Quotes:

"I know that I have put you through hell, and I know that I have been one rough pecker. But from here on, you are all in my cool book."

"We're having a wet bikini contest, and you just won. "

guit_steel
12-20-2003, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by Samurai@20 December 2003 - 14:28
Technically it should have been my turn... but seeing as you quoted a film which is one of my favourites, I'll spare you.
It was ur turn but u didn't leave a quote. U snooze u lose. :P

Besides, u know I'm a lazy hack. Else I would have taken the time to type the best quote from the movie. What do u think?

It's alright, he's just killing my alligator bags and shooting holes in my suits. Man, that's just mean. That's mean, man.

Withcheese: Stumped me.

Cheese
12-20-2003, 08:29 PM
clue:

"Did they look like psychos? Is that what they looked like? They were vampires. Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are."

Cenobite
12-20-2003, 09:04 PM
From Dusk Till Dawn

Quote:

"I couldn't fuck a gorrila"

Cheese
12-20-2003, 10:38 PM
The Man With Two Brains (http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0085894/)

Quotes:

"Cut the horseshit, son. I've got their disciplinary files right here. Who dropped a whole truckload of fizzies into the swim meet? Who delivered the medical school cadavers to the alumni dinner? Every Halloween, the trees are filled with underwear. Every spring, the toilets explode."

"What the fuck happened to the Delta I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts, huh? "Ooh, we're afraid to go with you Bluto, we might get in trouble." Well just kiss my ass from now on! Not me! I'm not gonna take this. Wormer, he's a dead man! Marmalard, dead! Niedermeyer-- "

hobbes
12-21-2003, 01:32 AM
Animal House

Quote:

Who are they? The men in the boat?
Northmen. Keep quiet and keep moving!
Why? Are they dangerous?
It depends, maybe they will kill us or maybe they will let us go.
I am an ambassador damn it, I am supposed to talk to people!
You may yet have the opportunity...

It looks as if they have been gnawed upon, what kind of man could do that?

Cheese
12-21-2003, 02:07 AM
damn i recognize the quotes but just can't get it... :huh:

hobbes
12-21-2003, 02:32 AM
hint:

You can draw sounds?
I can draw sounds, yes.  And I can speak them back.
Show me.
There is only one God and Mohammed is his prophet.

You! You could have killed him at will.
Yes.
So why the deception?
Deception is the point, any fool can calculate strength. That one has been doing it since the moment he saw us. Now he has to calculate what he cannot see.
And fear what he doesn't know.

Bears, they think that they are bears.
Hey, hey. How do you hunt a bear in winter?
You got to its cave and kill it.
Are there any caves around here?

Cheese
12-21-2003, 02:41 AM
The 13th Warrior

Quote:

We do not train to be merciful here, mercy is for the weak. A man confronts you in the street he is your enemy. An enemy deserves no mercy

hobbes
12-21-2003, 02:48 AM
Karate kid.

Try my signature.

Cheese
12-21-2003, 03:02 AM
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (had to turn my sigs back on for that one ;) )

next up is:

The Emperor...wants to conquer outer space. Yoda...wants to explore inner space.

bujub22
12-21-2003, 03:23 AM
this is the last time we ride on troy's bucket ?

Cheese
12-21-2003, 03:54 AM
not sure i get you bujub :huh:

Are you answering mine? In which case you're wrong :(

Or starting a new one? In which case you didn&#39;t answer mine... <_<

The Emperor...wants to conquer outer space. Yoda...wants to explore inner space.

guit_steel
12-21-2003, 05:25 AM
Originally posted by Withcheese@20 December 2003 - 22:02
I want to say Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, but I know it&#39;s wrong. Crap....I&#39;m mixing it up with another movie. :blink:

Cheese
12-21-2003, 12:45 PM
@guit_steel: sorry it&#39;s not that film :(

hints:

Take me to a place where the drugs are free, the clubs have no gravity and every shag guarantees an orgasm&#33;

The weekend has landed. All that exists now is clubs, drugs, pubs and parties. I&#39;ve got 48 hours off from the world man. I&#39;m gonna blow steam out of my head like a screaming kettle.

muchspl2
12-21-2003, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Withcheese@21 December 2003 - 07:45
@guit_steel: sorry it&#39;s not that film :(

hints:

Take me to a place where the drugs are free, the clubs have no gravity and every shag guarantees an orgasm&#33;

Human Traffic

Yeah, hello, this is RST Video, customer number 4352, I need to place an order. Okay, I need one each of the following tapes: "Whispers in the Wind", "To Each His Own", "Put It Where It Doesn&#39;t Belong", "My Pipes Need Cleaning", "All Tit-Fucking Volume 8", "I Need Your Cock", "Ass-Worshipping Rim-Jobbers", "My Cunt Needs Shafts", "Cum Clean", "Cum-Gargling Naked Sluts", "Cum Buns III", "Cumming in Socks", "Cum On Eileen", "Huge Black Cocks and Pearly White Cum", "Girls Who Crave Cock", "Girls Who Crave Cunt", "Men Alone II: the KY Connection", "Pink Pussy Lips", and, uh, oh yeah, "All Holes Filled with Hard Cock". Uh-huh... yeah... Oh, wait, and, what was that called again?

Cheese
12-21-2003, 04:07 PM
good choice muchspl ;) : Clerks

quote:

Uh, no I&#39;m afraid not. But you have me at a loss. You know my name but who are you? Just another American who saw too many movies as a child? Another orphan of a bankrupt culture who thinks he&#39;s John Wayne? Rambo? Marshall Dillon?

Turd Ferguson
12-21-2003, 04:20 PM
Yippee-ki-yay, motherfuckers&#33; It&#39;s Die Hard
This thread is great&#33; :lol:

Here&#39;s a good one for you, but probably a little easy.

You wanna know how you do it? Here&#39;s how, they pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue&#33; That&#39;s the Chicago way

muchspl2
12-21-2003, 04:24 PM
The Untouchables :P

Vincent Hanna: You know, we are sitting here like a couple of regular fellows and if I have to go out there and put you down, I&#39;ll tell you, I won&#39;t like it. But if it&#39;s between you and some poor bastard whose wife you&#39;re gonna turn into a widow, buddy, you are going down.
Neil McCauley: There is a flip side to this coin. What if you do get me boxed in and I will have to put you down? Cause no matter what, you will not get in my way. We&#39;ve been face to face, yeah. But I will not hesitate, not for a second.

Samurai
12-21-2003, 04:29 PM
Damn I was posting about the Untouchables and you got there first lol

Anyway, yours is... Heat

I&#39;ll make you a deal right now. If you can tell me the average life expectancy of a Marine second lieutenant dropped into a hot LZ in Vietnam in 1967, I&#39;ll tell you everything I remember about Ca Lu

Yes they had weapons&#33; You think there&#39;s a script for fighting a war without pissing somebody off? Follow the rules and nobody gets hurt? Yes, innocent people probably died. Innocent people always die but I did not exceed my orders

Cheese
12-21-2003, 04:57 PM
Rules of Engagement :)

Quote:

Hey Wait a Minute&#33; Hey&#33; Hey&#33; Hey&#33; Hey&#33; Hey&#33; Hold it&#33; Now, are we actually gonna go before a federal judge, and tell him that some moldy Babylonian God is going to drop in on Central Park West, and start tearing up the city?

Turd Ferguson
12-21-2003, 05:50 PM
Sounds like Ghost Busters. ;)

Here&#39;s another one:

don&#39;t know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life, anybody&#39;s life, my life. All he&#39;d wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

muchspl2
12-21-2003, 05:56 PM
Blade Runner

So why did I do it? I could offer you a million answers, all false. The truth is that I&#39;m a bad person, but that&#39;s going to change. I&#39;m going to change. This is the last of that sort of thing. I&#39;m cleaning up and I&#39;m moving on, going straight and choosing life. I&#39;m looking forward to it already. I&#39;m going to be just like you. The job, the family, the fucking big television, the washing machine, the car, the compact disc and electrical tin opener, good health, low cholesterol, dental insurance, mortgage, starter home, leisurewear, luggage, three-piece suite, DIY, game shows, junk food, children, walks in the park, nine to five, good at golf, washing the car, choice of sweaters, family Christmas, indexed pension, tax exemption, clearing the gutters, getting by, looking ahead, to the day you die.

chalice
12-21-2003, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by muchspl2@21 December 2003 - 17:56
Blade Runner

So why did I do it? I could offer you a million answers, all false. The truth is that I&#39;m a bad person, but that&#39;s going to change. I&#39;m going to change. This is the last of that sort of thing. I&#39;m cleaning up and I&#39;m moving on, going straight and choosing life. I&#39;m looking forward to it already. I&#39;m going to be just like you. The job, the family, the fucking big television, the washing machine, the car, the compact disc and electrical tin opener, good health, low cholesterol, dental insurance, mortgage, starter home, leisurewear, luggage, three-piece suite, DIY, game shows, junk food, children, walks in the park, nine to five, good at golf, washing the car, choice of sweaters, family Christmas, indexed pension, tax exemption, clearing the gutters, getting by, looking ahead, to the day you die.
Trainspotting.

Hey Blondie&#33; You know what you are? You&#39;re the bastard son of a hundred fathers. Each one a bastard like yourself.

Samurai
12-21-2003, 06:49 PM
Trainspotting :D

"I&#39;m an Air Force officer just like you are, Colonel. And just because my reproductive organs are on the inside instead of the outside doesn&#39;t mean I can&#39;t handle whatever you can handle."
"Oh, this has nothing to do with you being a woman. I like women. I&#39;ve just got a little problem with scientists."
"Well, Colonel, I logged over 100 hours over enemy airspace during the Gulf War. Is that tough enough for you... or are we going to have to arm wrestle?"

"So Merrin, I understand you&#39;re a reactor expert."
"Yes."
"How old are you?"
"I am eleven. How old are you?"
"So... Merrin, I understand you&#39;re a reactor expert."

"It was a procedure often done in the Middle Ages. They... well, they&#39;d drill a hole in the person&#39;s head. By drilling a hole the evil spirits are released, thus saving the person from eternal damnation."
"Thus... *saving* the person?"
"Well, they didn&#39;t call them the Dark Ages because it was dark."

"Appearances may be deceiving."
"One man&#39;s ceiling is another man&#39;s floor."
"A fool&#39;s paradise is a wise man&#39;s hell."
"Never run with... scissors?"

Samurai
12-21-2003, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by chalice@21 December 2003 - 17:44

[QUOTE]Hey Blondie&#33; You know what you are? You&#39;re the bastard son of a hundred fathers. Each one a bastard like yourself.

Damn, double post, but yours is The Good The Bad & The Ugly&#33;&#33;&#33; EXCELLENT FILM

My quotes are above this post&#33;

Cheese
12-21-2003, 09:17 PM
Stargate SG-1 (isn&#39;t that a TV series... :huh: )

quote:

I&#39;d buy that for a dollar&#33;

Marius24
12-22-2003, 03:03 AM
nm i thought it was matilda :huh:

Haz
12-22-2003, 05:28 AM
I&#39;d buy that for a dollar&#33;

Robocop :D

And I really don&#39;t care for the way your company left me in the middle of fucking nowhere with fucking keys to a fucking car that isn&#39;t fucking there. And I really didn&#39;t care to fucking walk down a fucking highway and across a fucking runway to get back here to have you smile at my fucking face. I want a fucking car RIGHT FUCKING NOW&#33;

chalice
12-22-2003, 05:32 AM
Planes, trains and Automobiles.

Perfect, genuine, complete crystal

Infested Cats
12-22-2003, 05:54 AM
Apocalypse Now

I--the royal we, you know, the editorial--I dropped off the money, exactly as per--Look, I&#39;ve got certain information, certain things have come to light, and uh, has it ever occurred to you, man, that given the nature of all this new shit, that, uh, instead of running around blaming me, that this whole thing might just be, not, you know, not just such a simple, but uh--you know?

guit_steel
12-22-2003, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by Infested Cats@22 December 2003 - 00:54
I--the royal we, you know, the editorial--I dropped off the money, exactly as per--Look, I&#39;ve got certain information, certain things have come to light, and uh, has it ever occurred to you, man, that given the nature of all this new shit, that, uh, instead of running around blaming me, that this whole thing might just be, not, you know, not just such a simple, but uh--you know?
The Big Lebowski.

OK, this one should be easy, Infested Cats:

I&#39;ll take these Huggies and whatever cash you have in the register.

muchspl2
12-22-2003, 03:22 PM
raising arizona

I&#39;m talking liquid. Enough money to have your own jet. Enough money not to waste time. Fifty, one hundred million dollars. A player

The richest one percent of this country owns half our country&#39;s wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation. It&#39;s bullshit. You got ninety percent of the American public out there with little or no net worth. I create nothing. I own.
&nbsp; &nbsp;

Cenobite
12-23-2003, 01:24 PM
Wall Street

He said, "No, you&#39;re gonna tell me something today, tough guy." I said, "All right, I&#39;ll tell you something: go fuck your mother&#33;"

The Horror fanatic
12-23-2003, 04:11 PM
Stephen king&#39;s The Langoliers

Toomey&#39;s Father to Craig toomey as a little boy

"A B minus, a b for christ&#39;s sake. What you do, dig ditches for the rest of your life."

But what this one from?

"that&#39;s the problem, he was dead to begin with"

Cenobite
12-24-2003, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by The Horror fanatic@23 December 2003 - 16:11
Stephen king&#39;s The Langoliers

Toomey&#39;s Father to Craig toomey as a little boy

Sorry fella that&#39;s not it, here&#39;s another quote (I&#39;m not doing the easy ones&#33;)

He knows everything about it. I mean he&#39;s in the joint 24 hours a day. I mean another fucking few minutes he could be a stool that&#39;s how often he&#39;s in there.

Cenobite
12-24-2003, 01:19 PM
No takers?

OK this is a real easy clue:

You know Spider, you&#39;re a fuckin&#39; mumbling stuttering little prick. You know that?

chalice
12-24-2003, 01:35 PM
Goodfellas.

You&#39;re a vampire, Michael. A goddamn shit-suckin&#39; vampire. Well, just you wait &#39;til Mom finds out, buddy.

chalice
12-24-2003, 09:36 PM
Here&#39;s another couple of clues

Second shelf is mine. That&#39;s where I keep my rootbeers and my double-thick Oreo cookies. Nobody touches the second shelf but me.

Holy Shit&#33; It&#39;s the attack of Eddie Munster&#33;

muchspl2
12-24-2003, 09:51 PM
lost boys

Sometimes you&#39;re flush and sometimes you&#39;re bust, and when you&#39;re up, it&#39;s never as good as it seems, and when you&#39;re down, you never think you&#39;ll be up again. But life goes on.

chalice
12-24-2003, 09:59 PM
Blow.

I like these calm little moments before the storm. It reminds me of Beethoven. Can you hear it? It&#39;s like when you put your head to the grass and you can hear the growin&#39; and you can hear the insects. Do you like Beethoven?

The rifle is the first weapon you learn how to use, because it lets you keep your distance from the client. The closer you get to being a pro, the closer you can get to the client. The knife, for example, is the last thing you learn.

Dapadipz
12-24-2003, 10:06 PM
The Proffesional

Wait a minute, Doc. Are you telling me you built a time machine out of a DeLorean

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits eighty-eight miles per hour you&#39;re gonna see some serious shit.

chalice
12-24-2003, 10:09 PM
Back to the future.

Well, boys, I reckon this is it - nuclear combat toe to toe with the Roosskies. Now look, boys, I ain&#39;t much of a hand at makin&#39; speeches, but I got a pretty fair idea that something doggone important is goin&#39; on back there. And I got a fair idea the kinda personal emotions that some of you fellas may be thinkin&#39;. Heck, I reckon you wouldn&#39;t even be human bein&#39;s if you didn&#39;t have some pretty strong personal feelin&#39;s about nuclear combat. I want you to remember one thing, the folks back home is a-countin&#39; on you and by golly, we ain&#39;t about to let &#39;em down. I tell you something else, if this thing turns out to be half as important as I figure it just might be, I&#39;d say that you&#39;re all in line for some important promotions and personal citations when this thing&#39;s over with. That goes for ever&#39; last one of you regardless of your race, color or your creed. Now let&#39;s get this thing on the hump - we got some flyin&#39; to do.

E-squirrel
12-24-2003, 10:14 PM
Dr. Strange Love

When I wanna think of home I think of something specific, you know, like my hammock in the back yard, and my wife pruning the rose bushes in a pair of my old work gloves.

Dapadipz
12-24-2003, 10:20 PM
Saving Private Ryan

As I was going to St. Ives I met a man with seven wives. Each wife had seven sacks, each sack had seven cats, each cat had seven kits. Kits, cats, sacks, wives, how many were going to St. Ives?

chalice
12-24-2003, 10:22 PM
Saving Private Ryan.

Here I am, goin&#39; to Florida, my leg hurts, my butt hurts, my chest hurts, my face hurts, and like that ain&#39;t enough, I gotta pee all over myself.

You were gonna ask me for money? Who the hell do you think you&#39;re dealing with, some old slut on 42nd Street? In case you didn&#39;t happen to notice it, ya big Texas longhorn bull, I&#39;m one helluva gorgeous chick&#33;

chalice
12-24-2003, 10:25 PM
Oops. Nice one dapadipz.

Yours is Diehard with a vengence.

See above for mine.

quiksilver_aus
12-26-2003, 04:54 AM
Midnight Cowboy

Maybe you haven&#39;t been keeping up with current events, but we just got our asses kicked, pal.

Turd Ferguson
12-26-2003, 02:18 PM
Aliens ;)

Ok here&#39;s a couple from my favorite movie.

If you hold back anything, I&#39;ll kill ya. If you bend the truth or I think your bending the truth, I&#39;ll kill ya. If you forget anything I&#39;ll kill ya. In fact, you&#39;re gonna have to work very hard to stay alive, Nick. Now do you understand everything I&#39;ve said? Because if you don&#39;t, I&#39;ll kill ya.

I think knives are a good idea. Big, fuck-off shiny ones. Ones that look like they could skin a crocodile. Knives are good, because they don&#39;t make any noise, and the less noise they make, the more likely we are to use them. Shit &#39;em right up. Makes it look like we&#39;re serious. Guns for show, knives for a pro.

Cenobite
12-26-2003, 05:55 PM
Lock Stock & Two Smoking Barrels

You might be a King or a little street sweeper, but sooner or later you dance with the reaper

Muther
12-27-2003, 08:27 AM
Bill and Teds Excellent Adventure

Quote:

You keep on sayin&#39; that word..... I do not think it means what you think it means.

exo_body
12-28-2003, 01:42 AM
the princess bride

"its a fight a real fight"

"i love u JUS the way u r"

"happy birthday dear wats his name"