PDA

View Full Version : I Have A Problem Using Nero Trying To Burn Cdr's

ripley02
12-13-2003, 10:08 PM
i dont know what i may have done to cause this. i used to be able to burn cdr's without any probs.it started when i was using nero 5.5.9 and am using memorex 700mb discs. i contacted support at ahead and thet said try updating to 5.5.10 but i dl'd nero ultra ;ast night and am still getting the same thing of a write error. and no explantion of why. i dont get it. i can use my memorex cdrw discs and burn my mp3s but even if i try to copy that to a cdr it still fails. any one have the same problem or can anyone help. btw im using a lite on ltr-522446s if that helps. i bought it at best buy well over the return date

balamm
12-13-2003, 11:16 PM
We don't know what your problem is. I mean "we really don't know what your problem is".

Why? Because you haven't told us what the problem is!

"I can't burn CD's with Nero" Ok then.

I can't make viruses with norton.

Gotta give just a little more info if you want a serious answer ok?

Post a screen shot of the error dialogue if you can. And please, not in 1600x1200 format. crop it first.

DWk
12-13-2003, 11:17 PM
and in JPEG format!!!!

AndrewBarker
12-13-2003, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by ripley02@13 December 2003 - 22:08
i dont know what i may have done to cause this. i used to be able to burn cdr's without any probs.it started when i was using nero 5.5.9 and am using memorex 700mb discs. i contacted support at ahead and thet said try updating to 5.5.10 but i dl'd nero ultra ;ast night and am still getting the same thing of a write error. and no explantion of why. i dont get it. i can use my memorex cdrw discs and burn my mp3s but even if i try to copy that to a cdr it still fails. any one have the same problem or can anyone help. btw im using a lite on ltr-522446s if that helps. i bought it at best buy well over the return date
Reading between the lines, it sounds as if you are burning at too fast a speed.

For best results
1) don't have any programs running at the same time, including antivirus etc.
2) burn at a couple of notches slower than your drive is capable of.