PDA

View Full Version : Big Lie

supersonic
12-14-2003, 12:16 AM
I figured out that the fact about the new KMDs kicking KLT user of the network is really a BIG lie by shareman NetFocks. Look @ the # of users online when KLite cooonects, what do you see? did the # change before the release of KMD 2.5/6? Apparetly not, not even the # of files nor the amount of files in GB. That proves them WRONG. Even if what Shareman claims is true, that means they have 10 users (losers) online.
G-night

tutv
12-14-2003, 03:27 AM
Well it may not be effected that strongly yet, but there is certainly a way to prove it.

We just need to find the IP and port of a real KMD 2.6 supernode, then we can try connecting to it... anyone?

james_bond_rulez
12-14-2003, 03:29 AM
http://members.lycos.co.uk/xcbvxcvbx/klite.jpg
:-"

Switeck
12-14-2003, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by supersonic@13 December 2003 - 19:16
I figured out that the fact about the new KMDs kicking KLT user of the network is really a BIG lie by shareman NetFocks. Look @ the # of users online when KLite cooonects, what do you see? did the # change before the release of KMD 2.5/6? Apparetly not, not even the # of files nor the amount of files in GB. That proves them WRONG. Even if what Shareman claims is true, that means they have 10 users (losers) online.
G-night
The joke may be on you!

Just because the number of connected computers can be COUNTED doesn't mean you can download/upload from/to them all.

When the PL system came out and Kazaa Lite didn't support it, regular Kazaa users predominately uploaded to OTHER regular Kazaa users but downloaded from ANYONE else with no restrictions.

This new limiting method they use may work the same way, so MORE files go into the regular Kazaa 'sector' of the fasttrack network than comes back out. It may even be NONE come back out -- ie: KL++ may not be able to download from regular Kazaa users AT ALL!

VB
12-14-2003, 05:28 PM
If you can download the installer for KMD 2.6.0 then you can download from people that use that version.

New supernodes may block old versions from connecting. As long as there are enough old supernodes, that isn't a problem. Also this is just a rumour. Perhaps they just said this so that people will upgrade to new versions with more adware crap.

Skarbro
12-14-2003, 08:10 PM
I've been watching and comparing both the new Kazaa and K++ 2.4.3. I've seen absolutely no evidence whatsoever that there has been any disruption in the old versions. Neither one shows any signs of downloading faster than the other.

Of course they are saying it will take a few weeks, but I'm going to go out there and say that this is all just smoke and mirrors on the part of Sharman.

imnotanaddict
12-14-2003, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by Skarbro@14 December 2003 - 20:10
I've been watching and comparing both the new Kazaa and K++ 2.4.3. I've seen absolutely no evidence whatsoever that there has been any disruption in the old versions. Neither one shows any signs of downloading faster than the other.

Of course they are saying it will take a few weeks, but I'm going to go out there and say that this is all just smoke and mirrors on the part of Sharman.
This is also the conclusion I've come to. I posted an earlier topic klr260 and kl243
running both.

Okay I'm now running two versions klr260 and klite243 but not at the same time.
First thought I would add I'm running as a supernode in 243 but in supernode list its showing the wrong state I'm in, New Jersey instead of Kentucky.

Now what is really strange when I'm in klr260 now I'm uploading to klite users.  (supreme being/www.kazaalitekpp@kazaa). I'm a little lost here, I thought that was the whole point of 260's supernodes could'nt get accessed by anyone runnning versions prior to 2.5 or2.55 (whatever). My Shared Folder is the same for both. So I can download the same files no matter which version I happen to be running, and I'm downloading from the same user ***@kazaa in each program. WHats up with this. 

If and when I'm running 260, If there is a block on new Supernodes how are klite users uploading from me? Why am I showing basically the same users on a file no matter which version is open at the time?

Of course they are saying it will take a few weeks, but I'm going to go out there and say that this is all just smoke and mirrors on the part of Sharman
From the article I read I was under the impression that the reason it was going to take several weeks was it would take that long to get all the current users upgraded to 250 or higher.
From what they say will happen and what I'm judging for myself just does'nt add up.

supersonic
12-15-2003, 12:15 AM
I still see ppl with old version of kmd and I dont thin that ppl want to install more crap, especially with the size increasing products today with every update. I hope not

SuBKulture
12-15-2003, 05:40 AM
Originally posted by supersonic@14 December 2003 - 00:16
Even if what Shareman claims is true
who said it was it was Sharman who started this rumour? The fact that the Slyck article claims:

A representative of Sharman Networks spoke to us on the condition of anonymity regarding their current campaign to vanquish Kazaa Lite K++.

means absolutely nothing. There isn't even a line in the whole piece that is attributed to that 'representative'. I'm still suspicious about how a link to DietK managed to get into the bottom of the article, and a new release of DK coincidentally followed soon after.

The number 1 suspect for the source of this rumour is Chip Warner, a character with a more than dubious past, as I'm sure those who have been around here for a few years will no doubt agree.

supersonic
12-21-2003, 06:06 PM
It's not Chp warner
it is this guy===>>>> :santa:
it's all his fault :P

internet.news
12-21-2003, 06:54 PM
It would be really sad if Sharman allows KMD 2.6 Users to connect to us and do not allow us to connect to them, but I would still share my files also if I cannot
get files from 2.6 Users, because I am not like Sharman.

true_neo
12-21-2003, 08:31 PM
Is it only me noticing that james_bond_rulez aint sharing no files? :angry:

muchspl2
12-21-2003, 08:39 PM
I noticed that also, you posted before I had a chance :D