PDA

View Full Version : Ritalin

colt45joe
12-14-2003, 01:11 AM
does anybody here take ritalin? can you tell me your expierences with it? can you tell me how old you are? anybody here know somebody who takes ritalin? what is it like when your around them? how old are they?

3rd gen noob
12-14-2003, 01:13 AM
http://klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showuser=29390 :-"

colt45joe
12-14-2003, 01:14 AM
thanks

Mik3ll
12-14-2003, 01:20 AM
I have ADD, and I use to take Ritalin, it got me into a happy place. Nothing bothered me, it annoyed my little brother because he always use to try to get me mad, but I never did.

I was about 10-12 then, but now im on Lexapro and Adderal.

colt45joe
12-14-2003, 01:22 AM
so you dont take it anymore?

Mik3ll
12-14-2003, 01:24 AM
Right.

colt45joe
12-14-2003, 01:28 AM
why?

Mik3ll
12-14-2003, 01:48 AM
Im not sure why, but my doctor changed me to Lexapro and Adderal.

bigboab
12-14-2003, 02:04 AM
Originally posted by Mik3ll@14 December 2003 - 01:48
Im not sure why, but my doctor changed me to Lexapro and Adderal.
What is this medication used to treat?

Mik3ll
12-14-2003, 02:12 AM
The Adderal is to treat it. The Lexapro is for depression I think.

bigboab
12-14-2003, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by Mik3ll@14 December 2003 - 02:12
Sorry your answer does not make sense to me.

callum
12-14-2003, 02:15 AM
Originally posted by Mik3ll@14 December 2003 - 00:20
I have ADD
Pay attention BB

bigboab
12-14-2003, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by callum+14 December 2003 - 02:15--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (callum &#064; 14 December 2003 - 02:15)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Mik3ll@14 December 2003 - 00:20
I have ADD
Pay attention BB [/b][/quote]
Dont get on to me at this time of the night. I am not good at acronyms. What is ADD?

callum
12-14-2003, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by bigboab+14 December 2003 - 01:18--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bigboab &#064; 14 December 2003 - 01:18)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by callum@14 December 2003 - 02:15
<!--QuoteBegin-Mik3ll@14 December 2003 - 00:20
I have ADD
Pay attention BB
dont get on to me at this time of the night. I am not good at acronyms. What ADD?[/b][/quote]
I had to google it.:lol:

http://add.about.com/

bigboab
12-14-2003, 02:20 AM
How many people here have been Bigboabied?

balamm
12-14-2003, 02:23 AM
Ritalin is just pharmaceutical grade speed. Anyone who actually does have a hyperactive disorder will benefit from a paradoxical effect of the speed. It reacts on them in exactly the opposite way it would react for an average person.
Ritalin is highly controlled as it has a very good resale value on the street.

It&#39;s a great pick me up for the morning after ;)

kurtsl0an
12-14-2003, 02:24 AM
attention deficite disorder - my little brother has it.....

it&#39;s just todays version of kids (mostly boys) being kids and a med to calm them down and "fix" the problem.

colt45joe
12-14-2003, 04:04 AM
Originally posted by bigboab+14 December 2003 - 02:13--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bigboab @ 14 December 2003 - 02:13)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Mik3ll@14 December 2003 - 02:12
The Adderal is to treat it.&nbsp; The Lexapro is for depression I think.
Sorry your answer does not make sense to me. [/b][/quote]
i think adderal makes you depressed, but it treats add

so he takes the lexapro, to treat the depression....

Mik3ll
12-14-2003, 04:21 AM
Originally posted by colt45joe+14 December 2003 - 04:04--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (colt45joe @ 14 December 2003 - 04:04)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by bigboab@14 December 2003 - 02:13
<!--QuoteBegin-Mik3ll@14 December 2003 - 02:12
Sorry your answer does not make sense to me.
i think adderal makes you depressed, but it treats add

so he takes the lexapro, to treat the depression.... [/b][/quote]
No, the Adderal treats my ADD.

But I have like minor depression, and the Lexapro treats that.

Billy_Dean
12-14-2003, 05:38 AM
My ex-wife took my son to a doctor because of a problem he was having at school. The doc diagnosed ADD, and put him on Ritalin. When I found out, a few days later I went wild, I knew he didn&#39;t have ADD, the school just bored the shit out of him. At home he was perfectly normal, he could sit at the computer for hours playing Age of Empires, and take his motorbike apart and put it all back again. I took the Ritalin and threw it in the fire. The same doc, years earlier had tried to put him on Ventalin for the Asthma he also didn&#39;t have.

The moral here is not to trust your health to one doctor, get second and third opinions. If your depression is a side effect from another drug, that should be a warning sign that something is amiss. I would recommend you seek a herbal cure for the ADD if it&#39;s a problem for you.

:)

hobbes
12-14-2003, 06:05 AM
Ritalin is fine for people who actually have the disease. It is a simple stimulant, just like many other "herbal remedies".

Billy_Dean
12-14-2003, 06:33 AM
Ritalin is a drug not a herb.

Side effects
Nervousness and insomnia are the most common.Hypersensitivity including skin rash, urticaria, fever, arthraglia, exfoliative dermatitis, erythema multiforme with histopathological findings of necrotizing vascultitis, and thrombocytopenic purpura.Also anorexia, nausea, dizziness, palpitations, headache, dyskinesia, drowsiness, tachycardia, angina, cardiac arrhythmia, abdominal pain, and weight loss during prolonged therapy, abnormal liver function, psychotic symptoms of hallucinations and paranoia.There have been rare reports of Tourette’s syndrome, toxic psychosis.In children, loss of appetite, abdominal pain, weight loss, insomnia, and tachycardia may occur more frequently.Ritalin is also found to retard growth by disrupting cycles of growth hormone released by the pituitary gland.

As I said before, try to get off it, look for another "cure".

hobbes
12-14-2003, 06:51 AM
So what, herbs contain drugs. Cocaine is a chemical component of an herb.

The point of Ritalin is that it&#39;s stimulant effect is paradoxically sedating to those with ADHD.

The side effects you mentioned are for those not effected by the condition.

Who gives a crap whether it a natural herb or a modified herb. Most of the drugs that save lives in the hospitals are "modified herbs".

Ephedra comes from a plant, a natural stimulant, ask Cory Stringer if herbal remedies can be deadly.

Billy_Dean
12-14-2003, 07:33 AM
The side effect you mentioned are for those not effected by the condition.

No they&#39;re not, they&#39;re contra-indications, they come with all drugs, and can affect anybody. I get a severe side effect to the drugs I use to reduce the swelling around an old spinal injury.

As to the drug&#092;herb debate; many doctors now are reverting to a range of herbal remedies in place of prescription drugs, some of them ancient, and some recently recorded "folk" remedies. No-one is saying do away with prescription drugs entirely, only to look at other possibilities.

The US, by the way, drugs more of it&#39;s kids than any country in the world.

hobbes
12-14-2003, 07:41 AM
Ritalin works.

The active components of herbal medines have been identified and harnessed by modern practicioners.

Any side effect you want to place on Ritalin will be also placed on your herbal remedy.

As for drugging anyone, the US is far behind the world. We let the world play with most drugs for many years before the FDA lets Americans use them. The world is our test lab for drug efficacy and side effects.

muchspl2
12-14-2003, 07:54 AM
yea I have experimented with it http://members.cox.net/dodger1954/thumbsdown.gif

hobbes
12-14-2003, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by muchspl2@14 December 2003 - 08:54
yea I have experimented with it http://members.cox.net/dodger1954/thumbsdown.gif
Yes, in fact, most cases involve parents pretending that their children have ADD so they can score Ritalin, which they then sell on the street.

Is that what you meant by "experimented&#39;?

Honey
12-14-2003, 08:04 AM
You don&#39;t need meds to control ADD or ADHD,

you just need to have parents who are prepared to do the work,

believe me its not easy, but it works... :)

hobbes
12-14-2003, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by Ozbabe@14 December 2003 - 09:04

believe me its not easy, but it works...&nbsp; :)
No true ADD is a chemical problem, just like schizophrenia, hyperlipidemia or hypertension.

No number of group hugs can control the problem.

muchspl2
12-14-2003, 08:12 AM
Yes, in fact, most cases involve parents pretending that their children have ADD so they can score Ritalin, which they then sell on the street.

Is that what you meant by "experimented&#39;?

:o crushed & snorted internostrilly :o

but I don&#39;t think its the parents trying to sell them ;) parents are human and scare easily, they think they&#39;re kid is falling behind are whatever, assume it has to be a problem, so go to 2 doctors and one should prescribe the miracle pill
can&#39;t blame them for wanting the best, just the lengths they will go through for it

Honey
12-14-2003, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by hobbes+14 December 2003 - 15:08--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hobbes @ 14 December 2003 - 15:08)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Ozbabe@14 December 2003 - 09:04

believe me its not easy, but it works...&nbsp; :)
No true ADD is a chemical problem, just like schizophrenia, hyperlipidemia or hypretension.

No number of group hugs can control the problem. [/b][/quote]
you&#39;re only right about it being a chemical problem Hobbes,

and yes, you can&#39;t hug your way out of it..

but i have a daughter who was diagnosed as having it,

they wanted to put her on meds, I asked what other treatment was available
and i was told extensive behaviour therapy which would take a lot of patience and time,

my daughter has never had one tablet but but its taken a complete family effort (grandparents, siblings, aunts, uncles... ) and we have it totally under control..

never said it was easy... because it isnt... most kids with ADD or ADHD grow out of it by the time they are 17... did you know too that it&#39;s actually hereditary?... ;)

thewizeard
12-14-2003, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by callum+14 December 2003 - 02:15--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (callum @ 14 December 2003 - 02:15)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Mik3ll@14 December 2003 - 00:20
I have ADD
Pay attention BB [/b][/quote]
Add is to do with arithmetic. What is meant is:Attention Deficit Disorder..but normally it is referred to as ADHD, meaning
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder..... ;)

hobbes
12-14-2003, 08:22 AM
Yes, as is autism.

Some of these conditions appear particularly in very intelligent families. The problem is not about intelligence/stupidity, but rather something else.

It is quite like the expression that there is a thin line between genious and insanity.

muchspl2
12-14-2003, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by nigel123@14 December 2003 - 03:21
Add is to do with arithmetic. What is meant is:Attention Deficit Disorder..but normally it is referred to as ADHD, meaning
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder..... ;)
yea it pisses me off everyone leaves off the H :angry:

adhd DAMNIT

colt45joe
12-14-2003, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by muchspl2@14 December 2003 - 08:24

yea it pisses me off everyone leaves off the H&nbsp; :angry:&nbsp;

adhd DAMNIT
why? i dont get it....

Arm
12-14-2003, 08:34 AM
:rolleyes: ADD and ADHD are a bunch of bullshit. The only reason it exists is so those fat greedy motherfuckers at the pharmaceutical companies can make a ton of money off it. The people who have it are either misdiagnosed or just different. Not everyone can sit still or have alot of concentration. We are all different and not everyone can handle being in those piece of shit American schools where school officials want to charge first graders with sexual harassment. :angry:

Parents and teachers are lazy fucks who want a quick fix. They don&#39;t want to deal with anything so they pump those kids full of drugs so they shut up. Even though Ritalin(or any behavior modification drug) can make the problem worse or cause a bunch of horrable side effects that are worse then the original problem.

hobbes
12-14-2003, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by Arm@14 December 2003 - 09:34
:rolleyes: ADD and ADHD are a bunch of bullshit. The only reason it exists is so those fat greedy motherfuckers at the pharmaceutical companies can make a ton of money off it. The people who have it are either misdiagnosed or just different. Not everyone can sit still or have alot of concentration. We are all different and not everyone can handle being in those piece of shit American schools where school officials want to charge first graders with sexual harassment. :angry:

Parents and teachers are lazy fucks who want a quick fix. They don&#39;t want to deal with anything so they pump those kids full of drugs so they shut up. Even though Ritalin(or any behavior modification drug) can make the problem worse or cause a bunch of horrable side effects that are worse then the original problem.
Thanks for your idiocy, STFU retard. That was special, especially uneducated.

Honey
12-14-2003, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by hobbes@14 December 2003 - 15:22
Yes, as is autism.

Some of these conditions appear particularly in very intelligent families. The problem is not about intelligence/stupidity, but rather something else.

It is quite like the expression that there is a thin line between genious and insanity.
You&#39;re very right there hobbes...

I personally think its too easy for doc&#39;s to prescribe medication,
parents need to ask for alternatives because they are available.. :)

colt45joe
12-14-2003, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by hobbes+14 December 2003 - 08:35--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hobbes @ 14 December 2003 - 08:35)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Arm@14 December 2003 - 09:34

Thanks for your idiocy, STFU retard. [/b][/quote]
explain why he is a retard pls.

hobbes
12-14-2003, 08:41 AM
Because the drug has worked for over 20 years.

He voices nothing other than his opinion. If treatment makes the problem worse, it is discontinued. Nobody is forcefeed ritalin because a teacher wants it.

I deal in results, not the emotive responsive of a cornholer.

colt45joe
12-14-2003, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by hobbes@14 December 2003 - 08:41
Because the drug has worked for over 20 years.

He voices nothing other than his opinion. If treatment makes the problem worse, it is discontinued. Nobody is forcefeed ritalin because a teacher wants it.

I deal in results, not the emotive responsive of a cornholer.
thank you

hobbes
12-14-2003, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by Ozbabe+14 December 2003 - 09:36--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Ozbabe &#064; 14 December 2003 - 09:36)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-hobbes@14 December 2003 - 15:22
Yes, as is autism.

parents need to ask for alternatives because they are available.. :)[/b][/quote]
Ozbabe,

You cannot sure cure with schizophrenia with hugs.

You can&#39;t cure it with anything actually, you can just minimize it&#39;s symptoms.

You can cure maina and depression with drugs, just as you can cure ADHD in some cases with Ritalin.

muchspl2
12-14-2003, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by Arm@14 December 2003 - 03:34

just because its on south park its not completely true
its real but I would say less then 50% actually have it, maybe even less probably but you can&#39;t make a blanket statement like that, like saying people don&#39;t get colds, too much evidence too the contrary

Billy_Dean
12-14-2003, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by hobbes@14 December 2003 - 16:41
As for drugging anyone, the US is far behind the world.&nbsp; We let the world play with most drugs for many years before the FDA lets Americans use them.&nbsp; The world is our test lab for drug efficacy and side effects.
I&#39;m talking about the over prescribing of Ritalin in the US, the highest per capita use in the world.

Ritalin use. (http://www.findarticles.com/cf_dls/m1272/2670_129/72272577/p1/article.jhtml)

Any side effect you want to place on Ritalin will be also placed on your herbal remedy.

Not true, different herbs have different contras, look at the contras for Ritalin.

Ritalin Facts Ritalin has no effect on IQ or academic achievement.

Only acts to make children more manageable, compliant and obedient.

Has only suppressive behavioral effects; the reduction of spontaneous behavior, flattening of emotions, apathetic, lacking age typical variety and frequency of emotional expression.

A large percent of children become robotic, lethargic, depressed or withdrawn and uninterested in their environment.

listed as a type II drug by the DEA

Ritalin inhibits the exploratory drive: curiosity, initiative, spontaneity and emotional responsiveness.
“By reducing the most highly developed aspects of human nature-the impulses for freedom, spontaneity, curiosity, initiative, emotional expression and sociability-Ritalin makes children more manageable in a boring, unstimulating and otherwise frustrating environment.”

Source. (http://academic.evergreen.edu/curricular/humanbio/ritalin.htm)

colt45joe
12-14-2003, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by Billy_Dean+14 December 2003 - 08:48--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Billy_Dean @ 14 December 2003 - 08:48)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-hobbes@14 December 2003 - 16:41
As for drugging anyone, the US is far behind the world. We let the world play with most drugs for many years before the FDA lets Americans use them. The world is our test lab for drug efficacy and side effects.
I&#39;m talking about the over prescribing of Ritalin in the US, the highest per capita use in the world.

Ritalin use. (http://www.findarticles.com/cf_dls/m1272/2670_129/72272577/p1/article.jhtml)

Not true, different herbs have different contras, look at the contras for Ritalin.

Ritalin Facts Ritalin has no effect on IQ or academic achievement.

Only acts to make children more manageable, compliant and obedient.

Has only suppressive behavioral effects; the reduction of spontaneous behavior, flattening of emotions, apathetic, lacking age typical variety and frequency of emotional expression.

A large percent of children become robotic, lethargic, depressed or withdrawn and uninterested in their environment.

listed as a type II drug by the DEA

Ritalin inhibits the exploratory drive: curiosity, initiative, spontaneity and emotional responsiveness.
“By reducing the most highly developed aspects of human nature-the impulses for freedom, spontaneity, curiosity, initiative, emotional expression and sociability-Ritalin makes children more manageable in a boring, unstimulating and otherwise frustrating environment.”

Source. (http://academic.evergreen.edu/curricular/humanbio/ritalin.htm)

:) [/b][/quote]
THANK YOU SOO MUCH&#33;&#33; You have really helped me out. thank you, thats what ive been wanting to see in this thread.

thanks.

muchspl2
12-14-2003, 08:53 AM
yes but even if only .00000000000000001% actually have it, prescribing is good, its up to the parents to know if its working
you do&#39;t have to e 1337 to know if it works

Arm
12-14-2003, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by hobbes@14 December 2003 - 08:41
Oh but it did not help me. It made me feel sick and I could not eat anything. Plus I was still having behavior problems so that crap obviously did not work for me. <_<

Just a quick fix doctors offer onto parents thinking it&#39;s going to be a magic pill and solve all the problems. Just shove it down a kids throat(and then they spit it out ;) ) and it will solve all their problems. Make them feel very tense and unrelaxed. Mess up their brain chemistry and mess with their eating habits(you don&#39;t want to eat anything while on Ritalin).

hobbes
12-14-2003, 08:56 AM
Sure Billy, my statement was that those truely stricken should get the drug.

Maybe you were like myself, teachers had no idea what to do with us, not because we had a condition, but because we were bored by the whole education process. As I said before, most teachers learn to appreciate our ways as the school year goes on. Most of my biggest fans are grade school teacher who wanted to put me into remedial education. We are aquired tastes.

Some children, usually products of people like us, go to the next level and need some sort of pharmceutical control.

hobbes
12-14-2003, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by Arm+14 December 2003 - 09:55--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Arm &#064; 14 December 2003 - 09:55)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-hobbes@14 December 2003 - 08:41
Oh but it did not help me. It made me feel sick and I could not eat anything. Plus I was still having behavior problems so that crap obviously did not work for me. <_<

Just a quick fix doctors offer onto parents thinking it&#39;s going to be a magic pill and solve all the problems. Just shove it down a kids throat(and then they spit it out ;) ) and it will solve all their problems. Make them feel very tense and unrelaxed. Mess up their brain chemistry and mess with their eating habits(you don&#39;t want to eat anything while on Ritalin). [/b][/quote]
Sorry Arm, maybe you have/had a different condition. One person does not dictate medical practice.

Behavioral problems open up a new chest of possibilities.

Honey
12-14-2003, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by hobbes+14 December 2003 - 15:44--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hobbes &#064; 14 December 2003 - 15:44)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Ozbabe@14 December 2003 - 09:36
<!--QuoteBegin-hobbes@14 December 2003 - 15:22
Yes, as is autism.

Ozbabe,

You can&#39;t cure it with anything actually, you can just minimize it&#39;s symptoms.

You can cure maina and depression with drugs, just as you can cure ADHD in some cases with Ritalin. [/b][/quote]
I didnt think we were talking schizophrenia, mania or depression.. wasnt the subject to do with Ritalin and ADHD?..

and wtf has hugs got to do with it?.. <_<

you CAN treat ADHD without Ritalin&#33;... :)

and you CAN&#39;T cure ADHD with Ritalin either&#33;

all you do is take away a kids character.. <_<

hobbes
12-14-2003, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by Ozbabe+14 December 2003 - 09:58--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Ozbabe &#064; 14 December 2003 - 09:58)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by hobbes@14 December 2003 - 15:44

Originally posted by Ozbabe@14 December 2003 - 09:36
<!--QuoteBegin-hobbes@14 December 2003 - 15:22
Yes, as is autism.

Ozbabe,

You can cure maina and depression with drugs, just as you can cure ADHD in some cases with Ritalin.
I didnt think we were talking schizophrenia, mania or depression.. wasnt the subject to do with Ritalin and ADHD?..

and wtf has hugs got to do with it?.. <_<

you CAN treat ADHD without Ritalin&#33;... :) [/b][/quote]
Same basic problem, a chemical imbalance. Some, fortunately, resolve on their own.

muchspl2
12-14-2003, 09:02 AM
yes other things that work, keep trying

colt45joe
12-14-2003, 09:06 AM
ok, i thought i had what i needed, but i dont...

ritalin treats add, and adhd.

add: you have a problem with paying attetion

adhd: you have a problem with paying attention, and are hyper

Ritalin has no effect on IQ or academic achievement

i can understand the no effect on IQ, but academic achievement? I thought ritalin makes it so you can pay attention easier, so you do good in school....so im confused as to if that is right or wrong, the academic achievement part.

Arm
12-14-2003, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by hobbes@14 December 2003 - 08:58
Sorry Arm, maybe you have/had a different condition. One person does not dictate medical practice.

Behavioral problems open up a new chest of possibilities.
Or maybe I don&#39;t need any bullshit drugs that make me feel worse inside. My mom and those fucking school people(who all should all be tortured to death) claim it did help me do better but I don&#39;t see that. All I see is constantly getting in trouble, being put into special classrooms and eventually, special schools(aka, retard schools).

I see my mon taking me to a bunch of dumbass shrinks that don&#39;t know shit and all they did was embezzled my mom out of money. She might as well have taken me to Dr. Phil.

Honey
12-14-2003, 09:26 AM
feeling for you arm... :(

dont be too hard on your Mum though, she only did what most people do..

they trust their doctors to do the right thing...

and unfortunately even doctors arent always right&#33;.. :blink:

muchspl2
12-14-2003, 09:30 AM
word
you have to know she wants the best for you
sounds like you don&#39;t have a open communication with her, try talking to her and be prepared to be surprised :)

balamm
12-14-2003, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by Arm+14 December 2003 - 02:21--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Arm @ 14 December 2003 - 02:21)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-hobbes@14 December 2003 - 08:58
Sorry Arm, maybe you have/had a different condition.&nbsp; One person does not dictate medical practice.

Behavioral&nbsp; problems open up a new chest of possibilities.
Or maybe I don&#39;t need any bullshit drugs that make me feel worse inside. My mom and those fucking school people(who all should all be tortured to death) claim it did help me do better but I don&#39;t see that. All I see is constantly getting in trouble, being put into special classrooms and eventually, special schools(aka, retard schools).

I see my mon taking me to a bunch of dumbass shrinks that don&#39;t know shit and all they did was embezzled my mom out of money. She might as well have taken me to Dr. Phil. [/b][/quote]
You could try not being a narcisistic little fuck and work on your behaviour. Maybe you&#39;d save your mom a buck or two since you and I both know what your problem is. Nothing a quality shitkicking wouldn&#39;t cure :)

It&#39;s more fun having people feel sorry for you though isn&#39;t it.

muchspl2
12-14-2003, 09:36 AM
shakes fist at balamm

thats my excuse & I&#39;m sticking to it :P

Billy_Dean
12-14-2003, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by colt45joe@14 December 2003 - 18:06
i can understand the no effect on IQ, but academic achievement? I thought ritalin makes it so you can pay attention easier, so you do good in school....so im confused as to if that is right or wrong, the academic achievement part.
Ritalin calms you down, it does not necessarily increase your attention span, so does not always help with your academic achievements.

Try Googling info on ADD&#092;ADHD, look for other treatments, even sound therapy is available now. Although I&#39;m no advocate of it, you can also try aromatherapy, it&#39;s a fact that some smells can have a calming effect on people.

Also, try to get it out of your mind that there is something "wrong" with you, there isn&#39;t. You may have a slight chemical inbalance, this should sort itself out around your age, look for other sources of whatever you are deficient in. Your goal has to be to get off this medication.

Arm
12-15-2003, 12:11 AM
Ritalin does NOT calm you down. If makes you feel very tense and uptight. Why don&#39;t you morons who don&#39;t know shit or have never been on Ritalin go take some and see how it feels?

ADD/ADHD doesn&#39;t exist. It was some bullshit crafted by pharmaceutifal companies to sell their drugs with side effects worse then the original problem. All parents who shove those drugs down kids throats should be shot.

The more stupid Americans who die the better. :)

muchspl2
12-15-2003, 12:18 AM
it calmes down the people that need it, so you don&#39;t know what your talking about

hobbes
12-15-2003, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by Arm@15 December 2003 - 01:11
Ritalin does NOT calm you down. If makes you feel very tense and uptight. Why don&#39;t you morons who don&#39;t know shit or have never been on Ritalin go take some and see how it feels?

ADD/ADHD doesn&#39;t exist. It was some bullshit crafted by pharmaceutifal companies to sell their drugs with side effects worse then the original problem. All parents who shove those drugs down kids throats should be shot.

The more stupid Americans who die the better. :)
Hey cornhole boy,

why not read Balamm&#39;s thread and STFU.

The condition exists and medications work for those who have it.

People with "mommy" issues, like your-self will not benefit.

Step one is admitting that you have a problem THAT YOU CAN CONTROL&#33;

Stop flaming for attention and deal with a little tough love.

sparsely
12-15-2003, 01:16 AM
I was about to take my ritalin this morning...
then a bird flew past the window
http://www.sunshine.co.nz/nz/kia/coolstore/v1/concept/ch_over2.gif
so I watched it go feed a baby.
then I thought I&#39;d draw something about it, and did this:
http://www.anim8or.com/tutorials/simplewalk/images/bird_drawing.gif

I still haven&#39;t taken it, and I need to pee&#33;

colt45joe
12-15-2003, 01:32 AM
can somebody tell me why boys are more likely to have ADHD

and

why girls are more likely to have ADD?

sparsely
12-15-2003, 01:38 AM
cuz boys generally carry more stuff in their pockets.
right now i have a marble, two dimes, a half-eaten Brazil nut, and a phone number given to me at the store.
it was my friend that I hadn&#39;t seen in quite a while, and he&#39;s havin a party next saturday, and I think I&#39;ll probably wear
the new boots I bought, but I need to get new laces for them, as the ones that came on em are all muddy and have orange stuff
on em. Where does orange stuff come from? :o
/me hopes that the previous owner wasn&#39;t incarcerated for kicked clown in the face&#33;
they might be cursed boots&#33;
then they&#39;d make me fall all the time, or cause me to have corns like my grandpa gets sometimes. he complains like hell about
em, but he&#39;s a funny guy. He remembers, like, every joke anyone ever told him (but some of em are REALLY old, cuz he&#39;s like 84)
and they&#39;re fun to hear.
I went to his house today for a fish fry, but he didn&#39;t tell any jokes, just made fun of his girlfriends&#39; weight.
I don&#39;t think she&#39;s ADD though.
:D

colt45joe
12-15-2003, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by Sparsely@15 December 2003 - 01:38
cuz boys generally carry more stuff in their pockets.

i dont...really...get it

colt45joe
12-15-2003, 03:18 AM
Originally posted by colt45joe@15 December 2003 - 01:32

and

please somebody :(

Honey
12-15-2003, 05:46 AM
QUOTE (colt45joe @ 15 December 2003 - 01:32)

and

males tend to have both ADHD and ADD more than females colt...

though of the females that have ADHD and ADD more tend to have ADD,
girls tend to be more introverted, lapsing into long periods of daydreaming and interestingly enough, most females find themselves with an "imaginary friend"...

there doesn&#39;t appear to be much research as to why though? One would tend to guess that it&#39;s purely genetic though... :huh:

colt45joe
12-17-2003, 05:55 AM
blah

im sorry..i didnt mean to bring this thread back to life, but i couldnt find a delete post button. so just ignore this and let this thread die and go down into the depths of the forum.... :blink: er.something like that.

sparsely
12-17-2003, 05:58 AM
:lol:
you&#39;re...kind of...like..defeating your own purpose.
foo&#33;

Alex H
12-17-2003, 06:41 AM
My mum is a Special Education teacher, so I get to hear about all the learning difficulties and conditions (lucky me). Sothing that came up in one of the conferences she attened recently was that a HUGE number of kids with ADHD end up being diagnosed with schizophrenia soon after leaving school. As there is very little information about what actually causes ADHD (genetics? chemical imbalance?) there is a growing opinion among teachers that ADHD is actually mild schizophrenia.

Here comes the interesting bit. Schizophrenia is a mental illness. A lot of people are afraid of labeling children as mentally ill. Imagine the court cases: "I couldn&#39;t get a job because I&#39;ve always been told I was nuts. Turns out I&#39;m not." Imagine getting diagnosed with schizophrenia when you&#39;re 9. Good luck getting into any subject other than "Basic English" when you get to high school. What happens if it was just hormones? Everyone gets them and acts a bit weird for a few years, but there would be a danger of this being mistaken for a mental illness, which as well as being a medical term is also a LEGAL term.

So faced with that scenario, it is really easy to tell parents "You&#39;re kid&#39;s got ADHD. Get them to take 1 pill, three times a day." (And wait a few years to see if they really ARE nuts so it won&#39;t be my problem)