PDA

View Full Version : Is This 'fair'?

3rd gen noob
12-14-2003, 11:24 PM
A judge has ruled that a Pakistani man convicted of attacking his 17-year-old fiancee with acid be blinded with acid himself as punishment.
On June 24th Mohammed Sajid, 19, poured acid on the face of Rabia Bibi with the help of his two brothers and two friends in Bahawalpur, a city in the Punjab province.
She lost both eyes and her face was burned in the attack that police said followed a minor row between the couple.
Afzal Sharif, the judge, yesterday ordered that Sajid and his brothers be jailed for seven years, and that Sajid be blinded by acid. He ruled that a doctor should perform the punishment publicly at a sports stadium. "This is an Islamic way of doing justice," his verdict said.

Source, Glasgow Herald 13th December

J'Pol
12-14-2003, 11:41 PM
I find this entirely impossible to believe.

I know you and I know you would not post such a thing had you not read it.

I find it stunning beyond description.

james_bond_rulez
12-15-2003, 12:05 AM
J'Pol obviously u know not much about the Islamic world and their way of life

this is how they punish criminals. is to do it publicly and in front of a large audience.

A man charged with rape had his dick chopped off publicly

ouch...but still

ouch :lol:

uNz[i]
12-15-2003, 12:09 AM
Believe it. It's on the level . :blink:

MAN SENTENCED TO ACID BLINDING

A Pakistani man has been sentenced to be blinded by acid after a judge found him guilty of doing the same to his former fiancee.

Mohammad Sajid carried out an acid attack on Rabia Bibi in June after her parents broke off their engagement and gave her hand to someone else.

The judge in the anti-terrorism court in Bahawalpur, a town located in central Punjab province, ruled that the convict be given a matching punishment under the Islamic law of "Qisas".

The law, enforced in Pakistan during the military rule of General Zia-ul-Haq in 1979, says a culprit should be handed a similar punishment to the crime committed unless pardoned by the victim or the victim's family.

Observers say the sentence is unlikely to be carried out because of public outcry and as President Pervez Musharraf is determined to modernise the country.

Sajid confessed before the court that he had thrown the acid in the face of Bibi in revenge for her family not keeping its promise, a court official said.

The attack blinded and badly mutilated the girl, he said.

SOURCE (http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30200-12948713,00.html)

I saw this item earlier today and it just made me flinch.
An eye for an eye, taken to it's utmost extreme.

bujub22
12-16-2003, 11:41 PM
eye for an eye

Benno
12-16-2003, 11:55 PM
Maybe unbelieveble for us but its a whole different culture

Wizard_Mon1
12-17-2003, 12:13 AM
this eye for an eye thinking comes from there belief system

but you cannot blame a religion you have to blame the people misusing the religion

Autumn Fox
12-17-2003, 01:46 AM
This eye for an eye lowers crime levels due to fear.
IMO, very effective punishment. Still, the guilt has to be proven.

Smith
12-17-2003, 11:26 PM
LMAO, so technically, its an eye for an eye, but in this case, its 2 eyes for 2 eyes :lol:

Sparkle1984
12-18-2003, 12:01 AM
"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind". That's one of my favourite phrases, and I wish more people would heed that message, then there would be less violence in the world.

MagicNakor
12-18-2003, 02:15 AM
It seems to be a common misconception that "an eye for an eye" is referring to physical punishment.

What it means is making the punishment fit the crime.

:ninja:

100%
12-18-2003, 02:59 AM
In Norway, there is also a pakistanian
who killed his daughter because she was too promiscuose
and this would damge his image.

He is in jail now and still abides by this belief-honor
(i dont think it is the USA "honor")

vidcc
12-27-2003, 05:29 PM
i believe this was one of the first cases where the man is actually being punished severly. the throwing of acid into the faces of women and indeed girls by spurned men has become all too common but in the past the perpetrator was punished lightly, if at all. Do i think the punishment fits the crime ? well the test of time will tell. If it stops these horrendous attacks then perhaps one terrible retribution is worth it. the death sentence in this country hasn't stopped murder, however this is such a brutal punishment method it will be interesting to see if it works
i have actually seen first hand the faces of some of these poor women, often outcasted even by society because they are assumed to have "deserved it".
before we start to feel sorry for the man that is to be punished let us remember that these are not acts that happened in the heat of the moment, they are planned...just look how many men were involved in this case.
the attacks are often supposed to be revenge for shame bought upon the man by the calling off of a wedding by the bride to be's family...if he can't have her nobody else will...but in nearly every case the bride to be didn't make the choice.

acid attacks (http://www.pakistan-facts.com/article.php/20030728232138538)

bujub22
12-27-2003, 07:01 PM
wait i only said and eye for an eye becuz they know he did it right?
if there where no witness then prove he did it
then if they proved he did it
then burn his eyes :helpsmile: i believe some punishment to some laws dont work
so i say -this is just me ,but if you rape someone hell why not go threw the tourment of what you did to other .
if you murder someone then guess you got to pay the bill and die too
that's what i mean by eye for an eye

RAM%ROD
12-27-2003, 07:28 PM
A nice cell on tropical Guantanamo Bay is looking mighty nice about nowmay be they could claim membership in Al-Quida.

chinook_apache
12-27-2003, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by RAM%ROD@27 December 2003 - 19:28
A nice cell on tropical Guantanamo Bay is looking mighty nice about nowmay be they could claim membership in Al-Quida.
whats this nature of a crime ( which i find very hard to believe) got to do with going to Guantanomo Bay. your views are very inflamatory. if you are gonna give replies make sure they are neutral not something else.

you are a rite idiot

bujub22
12-27-2003, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by RAM%ROD@27 December 2003 - 15:28
wtf are you talkin bout did you read what was in this thread ?

chinook_apache
12-27-2003, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by bujub22+27 December 2003 - 21:32--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bujub22 @ 27 December 2003 - 21:32)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-RAM%ROD@27 December 2003 - 15:28
wtf are you talkin bout did you read what was in this thread ? [/b][/quote]
exactly RAM%ROD he is really pissing ppl off on this forum and im one. the person just chats shit away

Lamsey
12-27-2003, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by chinook_apache+27 December 2003 - 20:54--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (chinook_apache @ 27 December 2003 - 20:54)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by bujub22@27 December 2003 - 21:32
<!--QuoteBegin-RAM%ROD@27 December 2003 - 15:28
exactly RAM%ROD he is really pissing ppl off on this forum and im one. the person just chats shit away [/b][/quote]
And the reactions to such posts are encouraging - it shows that racist bigots will not be tolerated here :)

J'Pol
12-27-2003, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by Lamsey+27 December 2003 - 23:19--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lamsey @ 27 December 2003 - 23:19)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by chinook_apache@27 December 2003 - 20:54

Originally posted by bujub22@27 December 2003 - 21:32
<!--QuoteBegin-RAM%ROD@27 December 2003 - 15:28
exactly RAM%ROD he is really pissing ppl off on this forum and im one. the person just chats shit away
And the reactions to such posts are encouraging - it shows that racist bigots will not be tolerated here :) [/b][/quote]
I hate bigots.

Lamsey
12-27-2003, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by J&#39;Pol+27 December 2003 - 21:34--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (J&#39;Pol @ 27 December 2003 - 21:34)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Lamsey@27 December 2003 - 23:19
And the reactions to such posts are encouraging - it shows that racist bigots will not be tolerated here :)
I hate bigots. [/b][/quote]
Good.

<TROUBLE^MAKER>
12-29-2003, 07:49 PM
It&#39;s common knowledge that any Pakistanis claiming to be Al Quida members are shipped off to Guantanamo Bay so they can be tortured for info, cause torter illegal in the usa.

bujub22
12-29-2003, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by <TROUBLE^MAKER>@29 December 2003 - 15:49
It&#39;s common knowledge that any Pakistanis claiming to be Al Quida members are shipped off to Guantanamo Bay so they can be tortured for info, cause torter illegal in the usa.
oh did&#39;nt know that
sorry for the other comment then did&#39;nt know what you were talking about

h1
01-03-2004, 06:43 AM
First, I would like to make it clear that I am not a Muslim, so I am not speaking from the perspective of Islamic law.

Being a Bengali, I can say firsthand that the acid burning women go through in Southern Asia is terrible. I feel no pity for this guy. He should have his testes fed to him.

RAM%ROD - Kindly STFU. http://www.mcbriens.net/liam/img/smilies/fingerleft.gifhttp://www.mcbriens.net/liam/img/smilies/swearani.gif You make me fucking sick.

j2k4
01-03-2004, 06:52 AM
Originally posted by haxor41789@3 January 2004 - 02:43
First, I would like to make it clear that I am not a Muslim, so I am not speaking from the perspective of Islamic law.

Being a Bengali, I can say firsthand that the acid burning women go through in Southern Asia is terrible. I feel no pity for this guy. He should have his testes fed to him.

I agree wholeheartedly.

I must also mention I am edified you refrained from using the term barbaric to describe such atrocities; that term is currently reserved exclusively for use in abasing the justice system in the U.S. ;)

RAM%ROD
01-03-2004, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by haxor41789@3 January 2004 - 06:43

RAM%ROD - Kindly STFU. http://www.mcbriens.net/liam/img/smilies/fingerleft.gifhttp://www.mcbriens.net/liam/img/smilies/swearani.gif You make me fucking sick.
A nice cell on tropical Guantanamo Bay is looking mighty nice about now, may be they could claim membership in Al-Quida.