PDA

View Full Version : Looking For A Cheap Desktop

SpecialAgentPunk
12-14-2003, 11:59 PM
I think I need a new computer, and I don't think I can spend more than 500 bucks on one. What are some good computer companies I should look at? What are some good sites that have cheap desktop computers for good deals? At least Pentium 4 stuff and winXP.

And something I could play Call of Duty on :)

Spank you

Lamsey
12-15-2003, 12:22 AM
Have you considered building your own? It's quite fun, very easy, and it will result in a PC tailored perfectly to your needs.

You should also avoid Intel if you want value for money.

Virtualbody1234
12-15-2003, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by SpecialAgentPunk@14 December 2003 - 18:59
At least Pentium 4 stuff and winXP.
I too would say build your own. You can get better for your money with an Athlon XP system than a Pentium 4.

And if you build your own you don't have to spend your money to buy WinXP when Kazaalite is around. http://www.mcbriens.net/liam/img/smilies/whistle.gif

bigdawgfoxx
12-15-2003, 01:36 AM
BUILD IT YOURSELF YES!

BUY AMD NOT INTEL IF YOU ARE ON A BUDGET

Builing it yourself is FUN an very easy! Im building one right now! I ordered the case and PSU today and Will be buying and AMD 2500XP, Asus mobo, and Kingstone Xtreme Dual Channel ram. It will be very nice and im taking some of the parts from my other computer and using it on the new one.

camille
12-15-2003, 08:59 AM
Building your own PC will save a lot.

adamp2p
12-15-2003, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by bigdawgfoxx@15 December 2003 - 02:36
BUILD IT YOURSELF YES!

BUY AMD NOT INTEL IF YOU ARE ON A BUDGET

Builing it yourself is FUN an very easy! Im building one right now! I ordered the case and PSU today and Will be buying and AMD 2500XP, Asus mobo, and Kingstone Xtreme Dual Channel ram. It will be very nice and im taking some of the parts from my other computer and using it on the new one.
big dawg, are you finally moving beyond the celeron?

bob_the_alien
12-15-2003, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by Virtualbody1234@14 December 2003 - 18:40
And if you build your own you don't have to spend your money to buy WinXP when Kazaalite is around. http://www.mcbriens.net/liam/img/smilies/whistle.gif
:pirate: :devil: :pirate:

:o Why on earth would you mention such blashemy, we're all perfect angles here. o:) never do such things. :lol:
;)