PDA

View Full Version : Burning Stuff

mikenmike0001
12-15-2003, 08:20 PM
hey, after seeing that anime thread with those links.......i've checked out some of the files and it's like 200mb per episode, that means that if i were to burn like the list of videos there...i'd only be able to store like 3 episodes per cd., and that means that'd i'd have like a whole stack full of cds to be burning, and i was wondering, are there any regular sized cds that hold more than 700mb? like those dvd blanks....can you treat them as ordinary cd 700mb blanks or are they formated only to be read on dvd players with the dvd movie formats? i'm just trying to figure out how i can save space and store a shit load of stuff in smaller amounts of cds......what do you guys suggest?

also, nero's been a pain in the ass for cuz they've detected my crack for 5.5 when i upgraded to 6.0 and i can't figure out how to uninstall the damn thing properly.anyways, they also have this built in copyright thing where once you burn a cd from that program, anyone that tries to do a direct cd copy to cd copy with it will get errors.....or the shit won't work...........so what do you guys suggest for that?

AndrewBarker
12-16-2003, 01:06 AM
dvd's can only be read by dvd player - but you can store data on a dvd, just like you can with a cd

shamoneMF
12-16-2003, 01:44 AM
You can get 900mb disks, not much more expensive than normal ones. I recommend getting a dvd writer, less than £90 these days and dvds hold more than 4gb

muchspl2
12-16-2003, 02:31 AM
1. look into kvcd, you can fit 2 hours on a single cd of high quality
2. just get the newest orion crack for nero 6 @ suprnova or wherever
and maybe you checked copy protect cd's or something in nero, I never had your 3 problem, I'll let someone else cover that

mikenmike0001
12-16-2003, 05:12 AM
well..the problem with nero is that it won't let me uninstal the program properly......which is wierd, i guess their new versions can read or locate the orion crack or something, even though i deleted the nero folder after uninstalling in the old versions.........

hm....also, like yeah, i know dvds can hold 4 gb of storage, but like the other guy said, if i burn some regular computer files and stuff, then can i still use the dvd blank like an ordinary cd or is it only "read in a dvd player", like, if i have a regular cdrom drive, will it read? i don't really get how these dvds work actually, how can something the same size as a regular cd hold that much more......do they just compress everything or something.....? and are dvd blanks that i'm planning on using for back up storage cheaper in the long run than buying like 100 packs of regular cds?

skelley521
12-16-2003, 05:39 AM
2 Applications from nero's site:

Nero General Clean tool (http://www.nero.com/us/631940828445001.html)

and

Registry Checker and DriverClean Tool (http://www.nero.com/us/631938356417810.html)

These may help; and I don't even use nero....lol.

Can't believe all the Nero users in this forum and I have never seen these apps posted before :blink:

Edit:sp

muchspl2
12-16-2003, 11:17 AM
you can't burn or even read a dvd on a cdr, so skip that idea

DWk
12-16-2003, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by skelley521@15 December 2003 - 22:39
Can't believe all the Nero users in this forum and I have never seen these apps posted before :blink:
well not ppl aint that smart ;) :P

mikenmike0001
12-16-2003, 05:24 PM
ok.so yeah....uh.what's the advantage or disadvantage of storing backups to free up hd space with dvd blanks vs cdr blanks.?

DWk
12-16-2003, 05:31 PM
none.....however dvd writers are much more expensive than cd burners...not to mention how much the dvds cost against the cds cost

mikenmike0001
12-16-2003, 07:02 PM
well....yeah.that's true.....but i don't know.......i'm trying to compare between 700mb storage capacity vs 4 gb capacity.....per cd.....

mikenmike0001
12-18-2003, 03:42 AM
oh and, the serious problem that i have with NERO is that THEY HAVE THIS "FINALIZED AFTER BURNING" option that is sometimes embedded in the optinos to burn.....meaning that i can't unclick it sometimes......i found out that that's the reason why sometimes when my friends try to copy my cds, they get errors.....so does anyone know how to unclick it or turn that option off? it's on the main part of the burning options like right below the "burn" checkmarker.......please tell me if you know how........i can't click that shit off cuz they won't let me......it's all faded in..........

DWk
12-18-2003, 03:47 AM
if what you are trying to burn is a bin, you dont get a finalize option...it just closes the cd...

isos are different... you can uncheck it...

havent checked others

muchspl2
12-18-2003, 04:35 AM
finalized or not, you can copy it, your friends experienced a common ebmac problem (error between monitor and chair)

mikenmike0001
12-18-2003, 05:04 AM
hm......that's wierd.......okay.......what's the difference between closing something and leaving it open..i mean, once you burn on a cd.....you can't continue off of it right? unless it's a rewritable.or something.....

skelley521
12-18-2003, 05:40 AM
Originally posted by mikenmike0001@18 December 2003 - 00:04
hm......that's wierd.......okay.......what's the difference between closing something and leaving it open..i mean, once you burn on a cd.....you can't continue off of it right? unless it's a rewritable.or something.....
Are you talking about InCD?
Closing and InCD means that you are done writing on it and it can be displayed on other 'puters that may not have nero installed. I guess, I dont use nero.
I dont know if Nero supports multi-session or not.

muchspl2
12-18-2003, 07:05 AM
then help the roxico people, maybe you can get them to support bin&cues if you email them :rolleyes:

as far as the question, yes if you finalize a date cd (multisession iso) you can keep adding till its full, if you finalize thats it, but bins/cues finalize so you can't uncheck it unless its data

skelley521
12-18-2003, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by muchspl2@18 December 2003 - 02:05
then help the roxico people, maybe you can get them to support bin&cues if you email them :rolleyes:

as far as the question, yes if you finalize a date cd (multisession iso) you can keep adding till its full, if you finalize thats it, but bins/cues finalize so you can't uncheck it unless its data
What is roxico? You say that you have tried it, but can't even spell it.

Nero makes a date cd :rolleyes:

I am just trying to help.

Your criticism SCREEMS................................ minimum wage :-"

muchspl2
12-18-2003, 08:21 AM
what are you talking about, but back to rexico ez crappier, I find most use it only cause they don't know any better are because it came preinstalled on there pc or maybe even bought it
if you look at any on the polls are just ask nero would win all the time compared to it

skelley521
12-18-2003, 08:32 AM
What I am talking about is how you feel the need to criticize.
If you have information that will help a individual then just post it!
I don't care what you think, but if I am answering to a post, I try to only post information directly to that poster.
Maybe I don't feel the need to criticize others as you do.
I also don't care about any poles. My philosophy on software is; and will always be:

Try them all and keep the ones that work best for you and your system!!!!!!!

Get IT!

muchspl2
12-18-2003, 08:52 AM
http://members.cox.net/my_web_pictures/blabla.gif

http://members.cox.net/damov/ArnoldTalkhand2.gif

skelley521
12-18-2003, 09:16 AM
Minimum wage now confirmed :w00t:

muchspl2
12-18-2003, 09:25 AM
I own my own business and make about 48000 a year after taxes and work when I want to as much as I want to, I am truly my own boss
what do you do, surely its not technical are involve video encoding or electronics I say that cause of your general lack of knowledge of what you post

skelley521
12-18-2003, 09:43 AM
Since you asked.

I am a Union Millwright now, I use to be an Electronic Technician and repaired ground and aircraft radio's and radar's which is my fault, I knew when I had the choice to go either into programming or repair I was making a mistake, but that was a decision made in the early 80's and hindsight is what it is.
If I don't turn any jobs down I make around 150,000.00/yr, but I enjoy working 6 months at 50,000.00 and spending the other 6 months with my family.

So what does the amount of money you make have to do with the facts?!

Furthermore:

You have been 'confirmed'......therefore...............

From the Administrative Staff of,
skelley521

Sorry #63,167, I would love to chat, but do to the fact that you will contribute to the mental decay of mankind I prefer to decline a session with you.

If you received this message in error, just fx'ing read it again.

muchspl2
12-18-2003, 10:06 AM
you confirmed jack shit, you may earn more but I do what I want, I made more as a manager of a electronics chain, but I preferr working my own hour(s) and make as much as I need

& the facts you speak of, you think you think you can fit over a gig on a standard cdr with a normal cd recorder so your training = 0
I hope you didn't pay much for you training and/or education
should find a better vocational school next time

so spare me your bs

skelley521
12-18-2003, 10:20 AM
Board stats: muchspl2 started viewing my post @
18 December 2003 - 04:50
Posted @
18 December 2003 - 05:06

16min. for this....
you confirmed jack shit, you may earn more but I do what I want, I made more as a manager of a electronics chain, but I preferr working my own hour

Is this a complete sentence? :blink:

Then edits post
on 18 December 2003 - 05:10

Still dont see a complete sentece :blink:

Therefore once again confirmed!!

......therefore...............

From the Administrative Staff of,
skelley521

Sorry #63,167, I would love to chat, but do to the fact that you will contribute to the mental decay of mankind I prefer to decline a session with you.

If you received this message in error, just fx'ing read it again.

muchspl2
12-18-2003, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by muchspl2@18 December 2003 - 05:06
you confirmed jack shit, you may earn more but I do what I want. I made more as a manager of a electronics chain, but I preferr working my own hour(s) and make as much as I need.

& the facts you speak of, you think you can fit over a gig on a standard cdr with a normal cd recorder so your training = 0
I hope you didn't pay much for you training and/or education
should find a better vocational school next time

so spare me your bs
fixed :)

jetje
12-18-2003, 10:28 AM
as requested closed... answer is in there already!

people just relax... ;)