PDA

View Full Version : Help!

paintballer484
12-16-2003, 01:02 AM
I'm writing this book about a war between the Dark Elf and the Sky Elves
It's set in the middle ages and my main character is the Dark Elf lord and his name is Tidus Deatbringer and he is an Elemental Mage by chapter three. all I need is a title.

uNz[i]
12-16-2003, 07:58 PM
Well, I'm of the opinion that it's your book, so it's only for you to give it a name.

Anyway, a good story will usually name itself.

Try to read through the story once it's finished and your satisfied with it.
I've found that's when the title will emerge, if it hadn't already popped out while I was editing or rewriting.

bujub22
12-16-2003, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by uNz[i]@16 December 2003 - 15:58
Well, I'm of the opinion that it's your book, so it's only for you to give it a name.

Anyway, a good story will usually name itself.

Try to read through the story once it's finished and your satisfied with it.
I've found that's when the title will emerge, if it hadn't already popped out while I was editing or rewriting.
true and think sometimes on what the scene is like i come up with titles for my books by just thinking on

where my person comes from
who's he with
what he's doing
and what was in that chapter

those usaully make u come with answer to what your looking for hope it works for yah

and you should always copyright or trademark before giving to much out someone could steal your work or ideas if you need copyright address i have 1 if your in the U.S.

peace bujub22

imported_QuietSilence!
12-25-2003, 04:30 AM
no reasion to pay for a copyright if u not shure if its good enuff all u got to do is a mail copyright

basicly u take a copy of the finished story to the post office and send it to ur self as certified mail they will put a seale on the envlope and a date (uasly they will give it right back to u if u tell them what ur doing) then u DONT OPEN THE ENVLOPE and put it some where safe if it turns out its good enuff to publish and there is a copyright problem all u got to do is have the envlope opened bye a notry public and have her sighn a paper stating the date on the certifide envlope and when it was opened bye them or u can just have the judge open it at a copy right sute in court ether way bye then ull have a publisher and they will tell u the best waty to handel it

this is called a poor man copyright and can be used as proff of when u made a certin thing this works for orignal music too just send ur self a tape and a lyrics sheet to ur self via certfide mail

rember DONT OPEN THE ENVLOPE it must still be sealed with the post office stamp to be legal

bob_the_alien
12-26-2003, 01:57 AM
What does a real copyright cost anyhow?

I think I saw somewhere that said they were about 30 bucks. Correct??No??
IF So, that isn't that bad.

imported_QuietSilence!
12-31-2003, 03:03 PM
ya thats the cost for the copyright applacation fee
that dose not count the lawer that u will need to fill out the forum and make shure u did it all right so there are no problems with it later

use the postal copyrtight till u know u can make some money off the book then use that money too pay for the leagale battle if any and to get the main copyright