PDA

View Full Version : Ok I Got My Modem Running With Windows Xp Now But-

zwan
12-16-2003, 02:15 AM
but when i try to sign on to msn it kind of like freezes. I can still click on start and all move my mouse around even end running msn but when i try to open folders they don't pop up. It takes a few minutes and then everything i tried to open pops up and my computer starts to work fine. Everything works fine before i try to sign online but the moment i try to sign online it starts to act up. I even got a new modem to see if it was because of my old modem but even with my modem it still does the same thing. Anyone have any suggestions could i be needing more ram i only have 128 ram, but remember everything works fine untill i try to sign online.

MUSLEMAN
12-16-2003, 02:22 AM
some people say 128 is fine with xp but msn recommends minimum of 256 for ram.

i have 1 gig myself and would recommend 512 for xp. make sure your drives are up to date for your modem

skelley521
12-16-2003, 02:24 AM
You are running XP right?
Memory is a must!!
XP runs fine on anything over 256MG of memory.
Xp requires 256 and then you need memory for other applications.

Mïcrösöül°V³
12-16-2003, 02:24 AM
yea, what kind of modem you got? and then, get updated drivers for it. my brothers comp used to do a similar thing, when it was logging on, everything would freeze untill it completely logged on. his old comp was a celeron 400mhz with 128mb RAM. once it logged on, everything was fine. prolly cuz the comp speed was slow.

zwan
12-16-2003, 02:37 AM
I just bought a new modem today. It's a Best Data 56k v.92/v.44.

zwan
12-16-2003, 02:48 AM
i even noticed that everyone loads a lot slower if that helps in trying to solve this problem. I mean everything was fast and loading when i start but then it just gets slower and slower and slower. I want xp on my comp but it looks like i'll probably have to go back to 98