PDA

View Full Version : Problems With All Avi Files

Casper1786
12-16-2003, 10:54 AM
The CodeC is installed for the video, I get sound, but the screen is still green, The videos will show the picture if I load them in VirtualDub, so I don't think there messed, I tryed a bunch of stuff, but it never worked so i uninstalle dthe Codec files then reinstalled them, still messed, so I rebooted windows(like re-installed) and reformatted, the worx, but same problem. any Idea what would be causing this? all help would be nice

muchspl2
12-16-2003, 11:00 AM
you didn't have to reformat, that was a waist
you just needed the correct codec, http://home.hccnet.nl/h.edskes/mirror.htm grab the klite codec pack (basic should be fine for you), or you can just play them with http://www.videolan.org as it has its own codecs required to render video

Casper1786
12-16-2003, 11:17 AM
Reforammting isn't a waste. u jus loose some files, I didn't care, only takes like 20 mins anyway, also I have that CodecPack and I do have the right 1s, like I said, they load in VirtualDub, an the video is clearly viewable, plus G-Spot say I got like 4 Codecs for it installed(I only used the K-Lite CodeC full Pack), It just won't play anywhere else? it's dumb. like the only way I've been able 2 play these files was 2 Use TMPGEnc 2 convert to a VCD Fornatt(MPEG-1), then they play, but otherwise they won't play

muchspl2
12-16-2003, 11:43 AM
did you try videolan, of coarse you didn't, it plays everything as far as them playing on wmp
sounds like you got a conflicting codec maybe, I'm not sure, try installing ffdshow
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/ffdshow...17.exe?download (http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/ffdshow/ffdshow-20020617.exe?download) again

ck-uk
12-16-2003, 12:20 PM
Mate the green screen is because of a codec conflict or not installed properly.

Tri changing to a different xvid codec..If its still the same tri the same with divx.

DWk
12-16-2003, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Casper1786@16 December 2003 - 04:17
Reforammting isn't a waste. u jus loose some files, I didn't care, only takes like 20 mins anyway
lol a "good" format or PROPER format (this including windows installation) doesnt require just 20 mins....it requires from 30-90 minutes depending on your computer......

perhaps you are just reinstalling windows.....

Casper1786
12-16-2003, 03:21 PM
well no I didn't try that program, but well I'll try changing Codecs like mentioned above then report back.

also to the Reformat/Windows thing. 20 mins is my only option, It's a Peice! COMPAQ, that say much bout the machine? yup It's a Crap Tackular

ck-uk
12-16-2003, 05:23 PM
Yeah but mate formating for a codec problem :rolleyes: :) You have problems with any software you cant get to work,just uninstall it & find something else. :)

DWk
12-16-2003, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by ck-uk@16 December 2003 - 10:23
Yeah but mate formating for a codec problem :rolleyes: :) You have problems with any software you cant get to work,just uninstall it & find something else. :)
or try to solve the problem thoroughly...i tried the most i could to solve a problem.... even though i LOVE formatting computer... (why? well its all so clean hehe) i try to solve em problems before it hehe...

right, ck? :)

ck-uk
12-16-2003, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by ck-uk@16 December 2003 - 16:23
you cant get to work,just uninstall it & find something else. :)
:rolleyes: yes mate.

If he can get it to work..he dont uninstall & find something else. :) :rolleyes:

Casper1786
12-16-2003, 05:53 PM
Well some good came outta my Reformatt or windows reinstall or w/e the hell it did, cause after I did it My scanner worx now, Windows wouldn't detect it, like it wouldn't bring up the new hardware, please install a driver thing, but it would find any other usb device I hooked 2 it, it was like that on all ports? but ohwell it worked off my first try, also I'd post on my finds for the main reason of this topic, but I'm not at my home computer at the moment, I'll be back on that later 2night maybe earlyer in the day.