PDA

View Full Version : What About The K-lite Codec Packs?

elkinm
12-16-2003, 10:58 AM
What about the K-Lite codec packs, I think they are great and are the only codecs I use now. Why not rename to something else and keep em coming.

Same with all the other tools like AVIpreview and the rest of the KLEextensions tools. Any way of simply adding them to any version of Kazaa ***, regardless of what version or who make it?

firefox
12-16-2003, 05:08 PM
This is a good point, can this be done.

Entity101
12-16-2003, 05:15 PM
The codec packs are still being developed. Check the new section about codecs on the forum.

Entity101
12-16-2003, 05:22 PM
On the servers tab in eMule on the right side you should see a window called 'My Info'. There you can see if you have a High ID or not. And normally you should see an error in the log in you have a low id.

Port Forwarding is the solution if you have a low id. Read the eMule help file or your routers manual on how to do that.

Basically what port forwarding does is this: It directs all incoming traffic on a certain port to one of the computers that is connected to the router.
Without port forwarding your router doesn't know for which computer the incoming packets are so it drops them.