PDA

View Full Version : Spam

balamm
12-16-2003, 12:23 PM
Maybe some of you have seen a recent flood of spam in your email, I mean a real flood. Like none seen before, outside of hotmail at least.
My ISP used to care but service isn't what it used to be.

Some tips on tracking these assholes:

get the website name and any header info from the properties/advanced tab in OE

check the sender headers for random sequencing of the sender name.
ex: [email protected]
or [email protected] , [email protected]

Next, go to http://uptime.netcraft.com

and enter in the website url found in the email headers.

the netblock owners will be listed there.

The link that netblock provides won't take you anywhere because these scum don't work that way. Do a google search of that name.
Follow the links google provides untill you find a company contact point.
in this case, http://atriks.com/

Send them something like this >>
====================================

IT HAS COME TO MY ATTENTION THAT YOUR COMPANY IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE MALCIOUS AMOUNT OF SPAM BEING DUMPED INTO MY EMAIL ACCOUNT.
STOP IT!!
YOU'VE RUINED MY BUSINESS COMMUNICATIONS, MY PERSONAL COMMUNICATIONS, AND YOU ARE NOW THREATENING THE EXISTENCE OF MY WEBSITE AND WEBSPACE ACCOUNTS.
I DID NOT AUTHORIZE THIS BARRAGE FROM YOU IN ANY WAY WHATSOEVER. THE WAY YOU SEND THESE EMAILS INDICATES THE MALICIOUS NATURE OF YOUR ENTERPRISE.
RANDOM SEQUENCING THE "FROM LINE" TO DEFEAT SPAM FILTERS AND BLOCK RULES SHOWS ME THAT YOU ARE QUITE INTENTIONAL IN DISRUPTING MY BUSINESS.
YOU ALSO OBVIOUSLY DON'T WANT THE SAME FOR YOURSELVES AS YOU HAVE MADE EVERY EFFORT TO OBSCURE YOUR IDENTITY IN THESE EMAILS.
FUCK OFF AND LEAVE ME ALONE. NOW!!!!

====================================

It may not stop it, but the satisfaction is just beginning ;)

I think a few days of this with my own sendmail bot might just get the point accross. :)

bujub22
12-16-2003, 12:27 PM
so sad to bad would u like to eat some spam :lol: :D :P :ph34r:

balamm
12-16-2003, 12:30 PM
What is that horrible mess at the bottom of your posts? I bet your room looks like that too :lol:

Evil Gemini
12-16-2003, 12:37 PM
LOL yeah man when you gonna fix your sig :P

I really hate spam. I used to get these euro dollar emails and i traced it back to this web site.

I sent him an email telling him to go fuck himself and i dont care about some other countries currency.

He sent an email back saying its not from him <_<

Thanks for that info balamm it would give me something to do since i get alot of spam in hotmail :)

just an excuse for me to use the send email function :rolleyes:

Barbarossa
12-16-2003, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by neattairoski@16 December 2003 - 11:37

He sent an email back saying its not from him <_<

He&#39;s probably right. <_<

Alot of these wanky spammers use other peoples mail servers to distribute their crap over a wider audience. :angry:

You should write back and inform him to make sure that his mail server is not being abused in this way by the spammers, by making sure it disallows 3rd party relaying of messages. Also (if possible) to use BlackLists to stop connections from known spammer IP addresses.

The company I work for had this problem for a while, we eventually had a buy a new mail server with better controls allowing us to block 3rd party relaying of messages. <_<

balamm
12-16-2003, 04:25 PM
A reply&#33;&#33;

Please send us an email that you have received and we&#39;ll be glad to help.

thank you,

Brian Haberstroh
ATRIKS, LLC
55 Bridge Street
Manchester, NH 03101
Tel.&nbsp; 603-624-7008 x228
Fax. 603-624-9089
[email protected]
http://atriks.com

I sent them about 40 emails I recieved in the last 8 hours along with all my trace results from the email headers right to their contact page :D

Virtualbody1234
12-16-2003, 04:34 PM
Sending them a reply will only confirm that your email address exists. If you ever send them anything, you can be sure that you&#39;ll be added the the prefered list that they sell to other spammers. :P

balamm
12-16-2003, 05:33 PM
Well, in this case it wasn&#39;t just a reply :P

And the shit has stopped&#33;&#33;