PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop

Marius24
12-16-2003, 08:10 PM
big list, originally posted by shared :)

www.2ginc.com
www.3dmindscape.com
www.absolutecross.com
www.actionfx.com
www.adobeevangelists.com
www.algonet.se~dipphotoshoptipstips_00.html
www.aovs02.dsl.pipex.com
www.arraich.comps_intro.htm
www.bizark.com
www.bizark.comlearn
www.bluesfear.com
www.breedart.org
www.candeekis.comalltutorials.html
www.cbtcafe.comphotoshop
www.claycrystal.com
www.codewarrioru.comCodeWarriorU
www.cognitivedistortion.com
www.computerarts.co.uktutorials2d
www.critical-depth.com
www.cyberinkdesign.comtutor.htm
www.dacort.comtutorials.php
www.deviantart.com
www.digitalblasphemy.com
www.effectlab.com
www.endeffect.com
www.esotericart.comDavidCamp
www.espressographics.com
www.evening.demon.co.ukarticles.html
www.eyeball-design.comindex3.htm
www.eyeball-design.compage09.htm
www.eyeballdesign.com
www.eyesondesign.net
www.eyewire.comtipsphotoshop
www.firelily.com
www.geocities.comnessele
www.gifart.comgraphictips5.shtml
www.goranation.com
www.grafx-design.comtutorials.html
www.gurusnetwork.com
www.handson.nu
www.ianadesign.com
www.icehousedesigns.comtutorialsphotoshop
www.icewind.org
www.infinitee-designs.comhome.htm
www.jasmania.nl
www.lmdk.comframeset_ie.php3
www.mc4k.vze.com
www.multimania.comharvestrlogos
www.myjanee.comjnetuts.htm
www.netpedia.comgraphicstips
www.opticnurve.com
www.ozones.comhandson
www.pageresource.com
www.pankpages.comtutorialsphotoshoptut.htm
www.phong.comtutorials
www.photoshopcafe.com
www.photoshoptechniques.commaindefaulth.html
www.photoshopuser.com
www.piregwan.comtutorials
www.pixeljunction.com
www.pixelpunk.8m.com
www.planetphotoshop.com
www.planetphotoshop.comtutorials.html
www.psworkshop.net
www.raestudios.comtutorials.shtml
www.razorart.com
www.screaming-art.comtutorial14.php
www.shadowness.com
www.shiftedreality.com
www.sketchpad.net
www.solardreamstudios.com
www.somethingleet.com
www.stab.seaqnyindex.htm
www.stewartstudio.comtipsphototip.htm
www.sthingyo.com
www.stridingstudio.comtutorials
www.teamphotoshop.com
www.thedesigncore.com
www.thewebmachine.com
www.thinkdan.com
www.toeng.com
www.turtleshell.com
www.tutorialfind.comtutoria...t.aspct=9&ob=3
www.tutorialfind.comtutorialsadobe
www.tutorialhound.comphotoshoptutorialsphotoshop_tutorial
www.velocity.net~digital
www.veraldar.netari
www.visual-redemption.com
www.visualparadox.com
www.voidfx.com
www.wastedyouth.org
www.webslave.dircon.co.ukphotoshop
www.webspace.com.bropusweb3.htm
www.wetzelandcompany.comMonthlyTipB.html
www.zeroplace.com
www.xen-fx.com

sharedholder
12-16-2003, 08:45 PM
:lol: I just wanted to add those too. :lol:

htd82002
09-13-2005, 04:39 AM
i'm looking for something specific, can anyone point me in the direction of making vector art? you know, like hed kandi's album art (hedkandi.com). :)

Skiz
09-13-2005, 06:04 AM
First off, if you are looking for a program other than Photoshop, you probably ought to create a new thread instead of posting it in a nearly two year one titled "Photoshop". ;) But anyways, on to your question:

I'm a little offended that you'd suggest using another program. While Photoshop isn't a vector based program, I don't see the need to use another one. The artwork on that album cover appears to be done by an artist with perhaps a tablet, at least it does in my opinion, with the lighting effects done in an imaging program such as Photoshop. As far as the vector thing, in the new Creative Suite, if you know how to set DPI, know the destination of your layers or text, and save your work as a PSD, there isn't any reason for you to need a vector program.

PS - Text is vector in Photoshop as well as the pen tool. :)

backlash
09-13-2005, 05:53 PM
u want adobe illustrator, which is a vector program, then find tutorials related to illustrator. :)

htd82002
09-14-2005, 12:57 AM
i'm looking for a photoshop tutorial, i know vector means more than just what people call "vector art". but i am interested in editing real-life pictures and turning them into something like this:

http://allalias.com/~broken/vector%20art/jennifer%20garner%20vector.jpg

sorry about the two year old post, didn't see the date. and thanks for replying! :)

Skiz
09-14-2005, 02:04 AM
Oh...that's as easy as 1,2,3. This is what I did:

1. Open the image you want to edit.

2. Click filter > artistic > poster edges and play with settings to get them how you want them.

3. Click filter > artistic > cutout and again, change the settings to get them how you want them.

Depending on the colors and lighting that are in the image, it will determine how the settings should be. You'll see once you get started. Got it? ENJOY!

htd82002
09-15-2005, 01:05 AM

2. Click filter > artistic > poster edges and play with settings to get them how you want them.

3. Click filter > artistic > cutout and again, change the settings to get them how you want them.

Depending on the colors and lighting that are in the image, it will determine how the settings should be. You'll see once you get started. Got it? ENJOY!

i just did it! this is fun, i used to cut off sections then replace them with colors, it worked well for cars or houses but for something as complicated as the human face, it really takes a lot of time, patience and energy, thanks!

money, here i come! (i sell shirts with "vector art" designs, that's why i needed such help. :) )

thanks again!

Skiz
09-15-2005, 03:44 AM

2. Click filter > artistic > poster edges and play with settings to get how the settings should be. You'll see once you get started. Got it? ENJOY!
them how you want them.

Depending on the colors and lighting that are in the image, it will determine

i just did it! this is fun, i used to cut off sections then replace them with colors, it worked well for cars or houses but for something as complicated as the human face, it really takes a lot of time, patience and energy, thanks!

money, here i come! (i sell shirts with "vector art" designs, that's why i needed such help. :) )

thanks again!

np man. I started using Photoshop about 1.5 yrs ago and I've been using it on an almost daily basis for my day job since I started. It's a great program to get familiar with as it has seemingly limitless possibilities. Glad I could help. :D

htd82002
09-15-2005, 07:14 AM
them how you want them.

Depending on the colors and lighting that are in the image, it will determine

thanks again!

np man. I started using Photoshop about 1.5 yrs ago and I've been using it on an almost daily basis for my day job since I started. It's a great program to get familiar with as it has seemingly limitless possibilities. Glad I could help. :D

what version of photoshop are you using, by any chance is it cs2? i only have cs and i was wondering if it was well worth the upgrade if i'm going to be learning more about photoshop for my designs (editing wise). :)

Skiz
09-15-2005, 10:39 AM
what version of photoshop are you using, by any chance is it cs2? i only have cs and i was wondering if it was well worth the upgrade if I'm going to be learning more about photoshop for my designs (editing wise). :)

Yes, I am using Photoshop CS2. Since you're asking if the upgrade is worth it on a file-sharing forum, I would assume you're going to gain the program via some sort of file-sharing network.....right? In that case I would yes, it's well worth the ten minutes it takes to get it. On the other hand, since you seem to be still getting your feet wet, I wouldn't worry about it at the moment. Just continue to hone your skills and have fun. CS is still a great program! :01:

htd82002
09-16-2005, 12:03 AM
Since you're asking if the upgrade is worth it on a file-sharing forum, I would assume you're going to gain the program via some sort of file-sharing network.....right?:01:

well...do i have to answer that? :) so, i better hone my skills first in cs? well, makes sense...by the time i got this all figured out, there may already be a cs4. :)

|F1|
09-16-2005, 01:18 AM
Wow, never saw this thread. Nice amount of links you got there. Good-tutorials.com is always my favorite though.

htd82002
09-18-2005, 12:26 AM
hey f1, didn't see it was posted two years ago, too, didn't you? :)

TheRealDave
09-27-2005, 02:10 PM
Wow! :lol: I dont remember posting that list (marius24 'twas my old name). I wouldnt be too suprised if most of those links are dead by now..

splatfish
08-10-2006, 08:38 PM
Thanks for the list.

LegendaryU2K
08-12-2006, 10:18 PM
You know i was looking for this, thanks for the tutorials guys and gals.

djlove
08-27-2006, 04:46 PM
gr8 thax for telling me