PDA

View Full Version : Dot.tk

kaiweiler
12-16-2003, 09:38 PM
Hey, just out of curiosity does anyone here use dot.tk for the websites? I use it, because it seems like the best one without paying for a domain name. and is it just me or has it been down the last few days?
does anyone here use anything different, or are there any better ones out there?
thanks
Kai

Illuminati
12-16-2003, 09:48 PM
I used to a year ago for a few of my sites.

The TK servers weren't reliable at the time, so I left the domains there.

They should have expired by now :lol:

I.am
12-16-2003, 10:01 PM
.tk is a very suspicious server but normal users shouldnt bother about it. I used to use it but didnt like it.

I got a domain instead for $5 a year ;) which is dirt cheap.

camille
12-16-2003, 11:35 PM
I don't use it anymore. It's obsolete.

kaiweiler
12-17-2003, 01:15 AM
What are some ones that I can use, that don't cost anything? something like .tk but better?

DWk
12-17-2003, 01:44 AM
vze.com

imported_uncle_cracker
12-17-2003, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by kaiweiler@16 December 2003 - 22:38
Hey, just out of curiosity does anyone here use dot.tk for the websites? I use it, because it seems like the best one without paying for a domain name. and is it just me or has it been down the last few days?
does anyone here use anything different, or are there any better ones out there?
thanks
Kai
i use dot.tk and it works in the last few days.
in the past i recognized days when the server is down, especially concerning the mail forwarding.

but from day to day it becomes better B)

btw: the old klite site was at tk.

do you remember: k-lite.tk :D :D :D :D :D

cu

SeK612
12-17-2003, 01:28 PM
I use it. Personally I can remember all the direct addresses to my sites but I try and get short urls specific to the site so visitors can find their way back. I've never really had major problems with .tk. I remember a while back when I was joining they were having problems with attacks (there was supposed to be a massive ddos attack by alot of people which took them offline for a few days) but I haven't seen anything since. For alternatives you could try http://shorturl.com/. I've never used them but I've seen other sites that do.

Sparkle1984
12-17-2003, 04:45 PM
Yes I use .tk for my homepage and I have never had any major problems with it. I think it is a very good free service. :D