PDA

View Full Version : Desktop Res Is 320x240 Or Less

LSA
02-16-2003, 07:39 PM
I didnt set it to that, all I did was restart because my computer was going kinda slow. I logged in and the task bar took up about half the screen.

I'm typing this from the default profile (i dosent do it on here)

My new video card (Geforce 4 mx440 - se) has support for two moniters, something I have absolutly no use for, but I think that is whats causing the problem.

Please help!!!!!!!!

:angry: :angry: :angry:

Jonne
02-16-2003, 08:48 PM
can you go in the monitor settings, and navigate from there with tab? What part of your screen can you still see?

Xyrex
02-16-2003, 09:04 PM
I've the same video card, but in your current situation you will not give a damn.
Have you installed the Driver from the CD which is included in you Geforce 4 mmx 440 box?
You were typing "going kinda slow" perhaps Windows is starting itself on safety mode.
And try Jonne's idea.

J'Pol
02-16-2003, 09:12 PM
Sorry if this appears obtuse, but why don't you just right click on the screen. Select properties. Then settings, then reset it to whatever you want.

Or if you are using XP restore to an earlier point. Say the day before the problem.

Or re-install the driver.

It may be easier if you set the taskbar to autohide. Give you a bit of space to see.

Sorry if I am not understanding your problem.

Good Luck

Cheers

JimF

PcH
02-16-2003, 09:41 PM
Are you in safe mode? :lol:

Nightwolf
02-16-2003, 10:15 PM
Right click on the Desktop and select 'Properties'. Click on the 'Settings' tab and move the resolution slider to the right. If it doesn't move, click on the 'Advanced' button. Click on the 'Adapter' tab. It should show the name and model of your video card at the top. If it doesn't, click the 'Change' button and select your video card.

J'Pol
02-16-2003, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by Nightwolf^.`.^@16 February 2003 - 23:15
Right click on the Desktop and select 'Properties'. Click on the 'Settings' tab and move the resolution slider to the right. If it doesn't move, click on the 'Advanced' button. Click on the 'Adapter' tab. It should show the name and model of your video card at the top. If it doesn't, click the 'Change' button and select your video card.
NightWolf

Like me, are you finding it difficult to see what the problem is.

Cheers

JimF

Jonne
02-16-2003, 10:30 PM
i think his main problem is that he can't see what he's doing, so he'll have to change the settings blindly. the only way he can do this, is by counting the number of tabs to go to the slider, and then moving the slider with his keyboard.
you can count the number of tabs in your other login.
in win2000 you have to get there with this combination:
rightclick on your desktop, go to properties (if you don't see it, press arrow up & enter)
then you're in background settings
press shift-tab once, then arrow-up and arrow-right
then twice tab, and you got the slider
press arrow-right a few times, and press enter
a popup should come up to ask you if you want to keep your settings
(you'd better try it out on your other login, 'cause it might be different for win98 regarding the number of tabs & stuff...
good luck!

Nightwolf
02-16-2003, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by JimF@16 February 2003 - 17:28

NightWolf

Like me, are you finding it difficult to see what the problem is.

Video card problems can be a real pain (I know I've had more than my fair share). I think it's usually a driver problem. Maybe if LSA goes to the manufacturer's website, they might have an update or at least a FAQ that might help.

Nightwolf
02-16-2003, 11:24 PM
You could also try this - download and install QuickresNT from the website below, and use that to change the resolution from the system tray. It says NT, but it works with any 32-bit Windows (95 to XP).

http://sunlightd.virtualave.net/Projects/QuickResNT/

Nobody1234
02-17-2003, 02:50 AM
How do you know what resolution you are at? I bet he's in safemode.

Somehow I think it's impossible to help someone who doesn't give any feedback. I think he's gone.

Supernatural
02-17-2003, 10:46 AM
Safe mode is 640x480 16bit color. It's gotta be a driver problem, cause XP doesn't even let you set the resolution below 800x600.

LSA
02-17-2003, 11:18 PM
I tried going into display setting, but the window didnt even fit and I couldn't even fit

I used one of those quick res changer things, that worked, thanks

Nobody1234
02-18-2003, 01:07 AM
It would be nice if when people solve problems they would say more about what they did wrong and what whey did to solve it.
A bit more than "oh that worked, thanks"

It make it seem like it's a one way street of helpers coming to the rescue of helpees with little gratitude. :angry:

LSA
02-19-2003, 12:15 AM
Your not talking about me are you?

I explained what I did...

:unsure: