PDA

View Full Version : I'm Confused

kaiweiler
12-17-2003, 02:37 AM
Hello, i know this has been explained before, probably many times, but i can't find it!
i just downloaded macromedia studio 2004 off IRC and extracted it with winrar. thus giving me a.nfo file, 32 files like this (tda-mx04.032) and a sfv file (tda-mx04.sfv). i know i am supposed to use winrar again on the last file or whatever to get the bin and cue files, but it's not letting me extract it any further
any help would be great
Kai

quiksilver_aus
12-17-2003, 02:53 AM
the download may have been corrupted. that's where the sfv file comes in. download a program called QuickSFV (do a google search) and the open the .sfv file with it. this will tell you if any of the smaller files are corrupt or missing

kaiweiler
12-17-2003, 02:55 AM
Thanks for the advice,
i just repaired it, and it seems to be working fine now, thanks again
Kai

abu_has_the_power
12-17-2003, 03:00 AM
yea. word of caution: IRC can corrupt files. I've dled many corrupted files from IRCspy before

kaiweiler
12-17-2003, 03:01 AM
alright thanks abu!
i'll remember that
you've always got somethin to say about anything! :P

Kai

quiksilver_aus
12-17-2003, 04:10 AM
i find that there isn't much corruption from IRC. but it does happen occassionaly.

kazaa is the worst for how frequent corrupted files are downloaded.

bittorrent is excellent for downloading large files because it rechecks that each of the individual pieces that were downloaded match their respective hash. i have not had one corrupted file from BT yet. the client that i use (TorrentStorm) gives you a message like this when the piece didn't match the hash:

Piece #639 did not match hash. Redownloading