PDA

View Full Version : Return Of The King - can contain spoilers

zhelynd
12-04-2003, 01:30 AM
There will be a number of important twists and climaxes in Lord of the Ring 3
Return of the Kings. I may have mispell some names and english is also not
my first language so try your best to understand.

Climax 01 - Sauron's ressurrection
In ROTK, the ultimate villain Sauron will be ressurreted in full, back to its original
form, if you have seen LOTR1 you will know how he looks

Climax 02 - Aragon will have a final duel with Sauron, one on one, this is gonna
be so cool. Aragon becomes the king.

Climax 03 - Golum will turn back into human form

Climax 04 - the most exciting battle scene will take place at the black gate,
where is the final show down between men and orcs

Climax 05 - Unconfirmed information says that Eowyn, the little princess help
took out one of the dragon riders

Climax 06 - Sauruman, killed by negolas's arrow

i acquired this information from non-english sources, so just to share with my
fellow 'rings' fans

Adster
12-04-2003, 01:36 AM
guess what??

I'm not going to read that coz I don't want spoilers

DWk
12-04-2003, 01:37 AM
:angry: :angry: :angry: most of this.... as well as already KNOWN FOR A FACT....isnt NEW.. :angry:

zinc1
12-04-2003, 01:39 AM
Come on AD you telling us that you haven't read asingle word of what it says up there? so why bother coming in here and telling us that you haven't read it.

DWk
12-04-2003, 01:42 AM
in other words..... STFU

zhelynd
12-04-2003, 01:44 AM
lol, easy man, be cool ;)

Adster
12-04-2003, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by zinc1@4 December 2003 - 11:39
Come on AD you telling us that you haven't read asingle word of what it says up there? so why bother coming in here and telling us that you haven't read it.
yep I didn't read it I sort of read 1 line from the first bit and turned away

Alex H
12-04-2003, 01:47 AM
As some of you may know, the Lord of the Rings films are actually based on a series of books by some guy called Tolkien. So the spoilers actually existed before the films...maybe you have read them?

:lol:

Rock Tonic Juice Magic
12-04-2003, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by Adster@4 December 2003 - 01:36
guess what??

I'm not going to read that coz I don't want spoilers
so you never read the books? eh

judgeofallandnothing
12-04-2003, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by zhelynd@4 December 2003 - 01:30

Climax 01 - Sauron's ressurrection
In ROTK, the ultimate villain Sauron will be ressurreted in full, back to its original

Climax 02 - Aragon will have a final duel with Sauron, one on one, this is gonna

Climax 06 - Sauruman, killed by negolas's arrow

fellow 'rings' fans
These are mostly fake The only true ones are 5, and 4.

SPOILERS!!

Climax 01- this cant happen since Sauron can never be destroyed if he ever gets his ring back. This cant happen since Gollum destroyed the ring and since the movie game follows the movie(See Climax 03) this is not possible.

Climax 02- refer to 01 but also realize he has a duel with the Mouth of Sauron(Like the game). So i m guessing a translation mistake?

Climax 03 - This cant happen because in the book and in the game(movie based game) Gollum dies like he does in the book and also realize hes a hobbit not a human.

Climax 05- Ewoyn kills the Nazgul not dragon rider. lol it happens in the game and in the book so i assume its real.

Climax 06- Thats not possible because Sauruman escapes to Shire. And Legolas is long gone.

zhelynd
12-04-2003, 03:20 AM
hey judgeofall, you played the two tower game right? is it action or rpg? how is it? worth getting?

DWk
12-04-2003, 03:25 AM
Originally posted by Alex H@3 December 2003 - 18:47
As some of you may know, the Lord of the Rings films are actually based on a series of books by some guy called Tolkien. So the spoilers actually existed before the films...maybe you have read them?

spoilers before the films? lmao thats a first.... these movies are based on books.....not the other way around... lol the books dont contain spoilers if you wanna think that way....its the movies that contain spoilers of the books <_<

JR Tolkien....not "just some guy Tolkien"

judgeofallandnothing
12-04-2003, 03:54 AM
Originally posted by zhelynd@4 December 2003 - 03:20
hey judgeofall, you played the two tower game right? is it action or rpg? how is it? worth getting?
I player Return of the King. I thought it was worth getting

Adster
12-04-2003, 05:35 AM
Originally posted by DWk+4 December 2003 - 13:25--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DWk @ 4 December 2003 - 13:25)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Alex H@3 December 2003 - 18:47

spoilers before the films? lmao thats a first.... these movies are based on books.....not the other way around... lol the books dont contain spoilers if you wanna think that way....its the movies that contain spoilers of the books <_<

JR Tolkien....not "just some guy Tolkien" [/b][/quote]
Yes and I haven&#39;t even read the book yet so all STFU :P

zinc1
12-04-2003, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by Adster@4 December 2003 - 05:35
Yes and I haven&#39;t even read the book yet so all STFU :P
Everybody should know by now Ad doesn&#39;t read books without pictures,&#39;cos he enjoys the Pic&#39;s more,especially the CENTREFOLD. :D :lol: :lol: :P

DWk
12-05-2003, 12:03 AM
oh congrats 1000 post ;) u used it wisely hehe...

yea i heard he only reads books that start with either P or H

for example....these are only some of the vast collection he has:

Playboy
Penthouse
Hustler
Huns
Huns N Buns

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

zinc1
12-05-2003, 12:08 AM
Thnx you&#39;re not far off yourself. :rolleyes:

DWk
12-05-2003, 12:31 AM
keke :rolleyes: B) :)

Alex H
12-05-2003, 05:31 AM
Originally posted by DWk@4 December 2003 - 03:25
JR Tolkien....not "just some guy Tolkien"
Sorry, I think my sarcasm was lost on you lot (and everything else is lost on Adster :lol: )

mrlessk
12-05-2003, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by zhelynd@3 December 2003 - 16:30
There will be a number climaxes in Lord of the Ring 3
Return of the Kings.
Climax 01 -
Climax 02 -
Climax 03 -
Climax 04 -
Climax 05 -
Climax 06 -
:eek:

:censored:
Someone please move this thread to the adult video section....

Gripper
12-05-2003, 06:12 PM
:D JRR Tolkein :D

Bite Me!
12-07-2003, 02:42 AM
aww, Legolas dies? dammit, he was my fav <_<

judgeofallandnothing
12-07-2003, 06:03 AM
Originally posted by Bite Me&#33;@7 December 2003 - 02:42
aww, Legolas dies? dammit, he was my fav <_<
wtf... r u talking about... no where in the game, movie, book, this thread does it say Legolas dies

Bite Me!
12-08-2003, 03:42 AM
Originally posted by judgeofallandnothing+4 December 2003 - 02:08--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (judgeofallandnothing @ 4 December 2003 - 02:08)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-zhelynd@4 December 2003 - 01:30

Climax 01 - Sauron&#39;s ressurrection

Climax 06 - Sauruman, killed by negolas&#39;s arrow

fellow &#39;rings&#39; fans
These are mostly fake The only true ones are 5, and 4.

SPOILERS&#33;&#33;

Climax 01- this cant happen since Sauron can never be destroyed if he ever gets his ring back. This cant happen since Gollum destroyed the ring and since the movie game follows the movie(See Climax 03) this is not possible.

Climax 02- refer to 01 but also realize he has a duel with the Mouth of Sauron(Like the game). So i m guessing a translation mistake?

Climax 03 - This cant happen because in the book and in the game(movie based game) Gollum dies like he does in the book and also realize hes a hobbit not a human.

Climax 05- Ewoyn kills the Nazgul not dragon rider. lol it happens in the game and in the book so i assume its real.

Climax 06- Thats not possible because Sauruman escapes to Shire. And Legolas is long gone. [/b][/quote]
Down at the bottom it says legolas will be long gone.

xevanescencex
12-08-2003, 04:03 AM
legolas doesn&#39;t die until the war is long over...he builds a ship and sails to the gray havens many years later...i think with gimli :unsure: it&#39;s somewhere in the appendix in the book

judgeofallandnothing
12-08-2003, 07:07 AM
When i say long gone i dont mean he dies. I mean hes no where near Sarumen

Bite Me!
12-16-2003, 01:29 PM
Oh, ok. Thanks for clearing that up :D

MagicNakor
12-16-2003, 02:03 PM
Saruman the Many-Coloured, however, does die. ;)

I will never forgive Peter Jackson for leaving out Gandalf and Saruman&#39;s scene in the first book, even if I eventually do forgive him leaving out Tom Bombadil and the Barrows.

:ninja:

Edit: Here&#39;s the little scene:

"...For I am Saruman the Wise, Saruman Ring-maker, Saruman of Many Colours&#33;"

I looked then and saw that his robes, which had seemed white, were not so, but were woven of all colours, and if he moved they shimmered and changed hue so that the eye was bewildered.

"I liked white better," I said.

"White&#33;" he sneered. "It serves as a beginning. White cloth may be dyed. The white page can be overwritten; and the white light can be broken."

"In which case it is no longer white," said I. "And he that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom..."

DWk
12-16-2003, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by MagicNakor@16 December 2003 - 07:03
Saruman the Many-Coloured, however, does die. ;)

I will never forgive Peter Jackson for leaving out Gandalf and Saruman&#39;s scene in the first book, even if I eventually do forgive him leaving out Tom Bombadil and the Barrows.

Edit: Here&#39;s the little scene:

"...For I am Saruman the Wise, Saruman Ring-maker, Saruman of Many Colours&#33;"

I looked then and saw that his robes, which had seemed white, were not so, but were woven of all colours, and if he moved they shimmered and changed hue so that the eye was bewildered.

"I liked white better," I said.

"White&#33;" he sneered. "It serves as a beginning. White cloth may be dyed. The white page can be overwritten; and the white light can be broken."

"In which case it is no longer white," said I. "And he that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom..."
cool....even though u major bumped this.... it was worth it :)

THE DUDE
12-17-2003, 06:15 AM
Climax 01 - Sauron&#39;s ressurrection

be so cool. Aragon becomes the king. (Duh&#33; the name of the movie is the Return of the King)

Climax 03 - Golum will turn back into human form (I don&#39;t think this will be the case it&#39;s problably going to be a flash back to when Smeagol was a hobbit.)

where is the final show down between men and orcs (this happens in the book and is not a climax it&#39;s an event.)

took out one of the dragon riders (this happens in the book and it&#39;s a important event that leads to other pivotal plot developments)

Climax 06 - Sauruman, killed by Legolas&#39;s arrow (who cares).

Most people could surmise most of this from reading the books. Where did you find this info.

By the way Legolas and all of the elf kind will only die if the are slain when they are on the mainland middleearth. The elves that go to the Grey Havens an elf communtity in the Vicinty of the Shire the sail to the Blessed Realm or the Undying Land where they live with God like creatures Called the Valar who created the mortal realm. And blah blah blah.

Any body who want to learn of all the inner working of Middle-Earth and the history of the speaking races should check this out. The Encylopedia of Arda (http://www.glyphweb.com/arda/)

{I}{K}{E}
12-17-2003, 05:44 PM
one word: PERFECT

All I can say is that if you don&#39;t like this part you dont understand the story... :P

DWk
12-17-2003, 05:46 PM
sux...its coming until the 25th here :angry:

{I}{K}{E}
12-17-2003, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by DWk@17 December 2003 - 17:46
sux...its coming until the 25th here :angry:
that&#39;s bad...

Take a plane and fly to The Netherlands :P

DWk
12-17-2003, 05:56 PM
haha....its easier and reeeeeeeeeeeeeealllllllllllllly much cheaper to goto usa hehe....

but since i dont have money :rolleyes:

Rondy
12-17-2003, 06:40 PM
Just got in from watching it. I&#39;m very confused I missed the first 5 mins and everything from then on made no sense.

What did The PM of GB falling for his tea lady have anything to do with the 1st 2 parts?

What did christmas have to do with it?

I know for a fact that USA is not in the books so why did a bloke go there to have sex?

I think this is so wrong to change the story line that much just to get a thrid part and made a triliogy&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

ButWay
12-17-2003, 06:52 PM
sux...its coming until the 25th here

Butway :P I tough the world premier was on the 17th

DWk
12-17-2003, 07:01 PM
well world premiere doesnt mean they show it in every country, u know...

im glad its showing a week after...

this happened when they got Reloaded....it came one week after...

but Revolutions was premiered the 5th at 9am w0ot&#33;&#33;&#33; :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

ButWay
12-17-2003, 07:28 PM
well world premiere doesnt mean they show it in every country, u know...

no obviously I didn&#39;t... well I tough that every country that planned to show it would start on the premiere.

Back to the topic did it follow the book accurately?

{I}{K}{E}
12-17-2003, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by ButWay@17 December 2003 - 19:28
Back to the topic did it follow the book accurately?
Dunno never read it :D

But I think they made some changes it can&#39;t be a perfect copy ;)

Rondy
12-17-2003, 07:53 PM
Why dont you both go and read the book then. In my view the books are a great story poorly written.

You&#39;ll either Love them or hate them there is no in between.

Schmiggy_JK23
12-17-2003, 08:32 PM
This movie was absolutely AMAZING.

there is just too much to talk about in it.

you how in most movies, you are like, remember that part?, ya that was cool, etc... and you remember the few awesome parts?

Return of the King is like that the WHOLE way... like, everything in it amazing... there are so many parts that will just drop your jaw...

I cant wait to see it a second time. :)

{I}{K}{E}
12-17-2003, 09:24 PM
The part when legolas jumps the &#39;elephant&#39; and kills it. THAT WAS AWESOME&#33;&#33;

Marius24
12-17-2003, 09:26 PM
i think i seen that in the trailer, havn&#39;t seen the movie yet but will nxt week.

anyone seen it on suprnova mIRC etc

{I}{K}{E}
12-17-2003, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by Marius24@17 December 2003 - 21:26
anyone seen it on suprnova mIRC etc
If you see a CAM before you went to the cinema your crazy&#33;&#33;&#33; :nono:

Marius24
12-17-2003, 09:31 PM
i&#39;m not going to watch it until i seen it at the cinema, i made a promise with my friends i wouldn&#39;t :)

i only wanted it so i could put in my dvd player ready :P

ck-uk
12-17-2003, 09:34 PM
I havnt seen any of them :P when a mate told me how it just ends with each movie it put me right off,i cant stand sudden/no endings..Same with two part eps..i always watch together.

I&#39;ll have a chillout day ,oneday,watch all three at once. :D

{I}{K}{E}
12-17-2003, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by ck&#045;uk@17 December 2003 - 21:34
I havnt seen any of them :P when a mate told me how it just ends with each movie it put me right off,i cant stand sudden/no endings..Same with two part eps..i always watch together.

Dont you guys have a &#39;marathon&#39; in england?

If you doesnt seen any of the 3 parts, thats were you need to go :D

Marius24
12-17-2003, 09:37 PM
i read the books, there great and the director (Peter Jackson) has worked long and hard on these movies (8 years i think) and has created them v well and should be shown alot of respect

ck-uk
12-17-2003, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by {I}{K}{E}+17 December 2003 - 20:35--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ({I}{K}{E} @ 17 December 2003 - 20:35)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ck&#045;uk@17 December 2003 - 21:34

Dont you guys have a &#39;marathon&#39; in england?

If you doesnt seen any of the 3 parts, thats were you need to go :D [/b][/quote]
:lol: ...i know mate something like ten hrs....

i&#39;m welsh too mate not english :)

Majin
12-17-2003, 10:06 PM
I also thought that the movie was great&#33;&#33;&#33; I watched all 3 parts in the cinema, was lots of fun, even though i was like in the cinema till 430 in th mornin :D

The Ending is not like the book at all and I think that when frodo and sam walk up Mount Doom the hole thing is just to pulled out......but only until they get into the mountain

{I}{K}{E}
12-17-2003, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Majin@17 December 2003 - 22:06
The Ending is not like the book at all and I think that when frodo and sam walk up Mount Doom the hole thing is just to pulled out......but only until they get into the mountain
What do you think about when they are on the mountain when the lava is coming down?

It&#39;s not possible you would melt... ;)

Evil Fish
12-17-2003, 10:32 PM
i just saw it and it was pretty good but a bit too long. it was like 3 and a half hours long. and there were some parts near the end when i just wanted it to be over.

Marius24
12-18-2003, 12:11 AM
yeah they do drag on abit, its only becuase they try to get everything in the books in the film :)

ice_princess
12-18-2003, 12:14 AM
:(

It is so very naughty of all you people who are lucky enough to have watched it, "gloating" about seeing it when some people won&#39;t get to see it for weeks to come, not when they want it in the original english language anyway&#33;

i walked out on the first part of lotr because the german translation was so utterly sickening, i couldn&#39;t stomach it.

and of course i had to read this thread, can&#39;t wait to see what changes he (p.j.) made from the book.

ANYONE KNOW OF ANY CAM VERSION ANYWHERE??????????

{I}{K}{E}
12-18-2003, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by ice_princess@18 December 2003 - 00:14
ANYONE KNOW OF ANY CAM VERSION ANYWHERE??????????
Are you serieus? <_<

ice_princess
12-18-2003, 12:48 AM
yep, absolutely serious&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

i am desperate, am a real lotr addict, ever since i first read the books as a kid.

surely there has got to be something out there, somewhere????

abu_has_the_power
12-18-2003, 01:57 AM
if someone can donate me &#036;10, i&#39;ll go c it in theaters. or i&#39;ll just wait for a good quality copy to come out. i&#39;m broke

Adster
12-18-2003, 02:05 AM
I hant read any of this thread&#33;&#33; for obvious reasons&#33;&#33; we don&#39;t get it here till 26th

but like to thank IKE for making this thread warning us all who haven&#39;t seen it about spoilers :)

internet.news
12-18-2003, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by Marius24@17 December 2003 - 22:31
i&#39;m not going to watch it until i seen it at the cinema, i made a promise with my friends i wouldn&#39;t :)

i only wanted it so i could put in my dvd player ready :P
I am going to see it tomorrow (gmt +1) - 22:00 germany (nuremberg, cinecitta cinema) - ;)

the best movie was the second part - I was impressed by the landscapes and the music...

I think I am going to rip 2nd movie ;) as DiVX, if there is enough space on my hd...

internet.news
12-18-2003, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@18 December 2003 - 02:57
if someone can donate me &#036;10, i&#39;ll go c it in theaters. or i&#39;ll just wait for a good quality copy to come out. i&#39;m broke
you have to rent the 2nd part - it is the best - wonderful landscapes ;)

It is worth - if I would have some money I would sent it to your bank account ;)
but for the moment I have no job - although I searched for some small jobs :(

abu_has_the_power
12-18-2003, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by internet.news+17 December 2003 - 21:13--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (internet.news @ 17 December 2003 - 21:13)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-abu_has_the_power@18 December 2003 - 02:57
you have to rent the 2nd part - it is the best - wonderful landscapes ;)

It is worth - if I would have some money I would sent it to your bank account ;)
but for the moment I have no job - although I searched for some small jobs :( [/b][/quote]
i already have the dvdrip of the two towers. it&#39;s really good. but htis is better. please, anyone have &#036;10? :) :(

Adster
12-18-2003, 03:18 AM
yeah I do

one problem

how do I get it too you when I&#39;m in Australia and your somewhere else

Schmiggy_JK23
12-18-2003, 03:38 AM
You know what i noticed.

In the trailer, gandalf and shadowfax rear up at minas tirth, when i a dark rider shows up, at the white tree courtyard. Yet in the film, this part didnt show up?

must be on the extended version maybe?

Rock Tonic Juice Magic
12-18-2003, 06:02 AM
SAW IT TODAY

GREATEST MOVIE EVER&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
:P

abu_has_the_power
12-18-2003, 06:07 AM
Originally posted by Adster@17 December 2003 - 22:18
yeah I do

one problem

how do I get it too you when I&#39;m in Australia and your somewhere else
paypal. or mail check. i prefer paypal though

ezyryder
12-18-2003, 06:12 AM
I saw it last night. I am disappointed. not becuase of the movie, but because I am still recovering from the flu, so could bearly focus on the screen for the most part. my eyes were watterying, nose running and kept on having to go out the door to have a coughing fit and it was really painful to look at the screen as the lights were too bright. what i saw was bloody amazing however. I missed a lot of vital stuff I hear. oh well, will go see it agian when recovered i guess. can&#39;t believe i&#39;ve finally seen how it concludes&#33; about time&#33;

****spoilers are now below*****

The end wasn&#39;t the best, but as someone said I guess it was to get everything in the book. It just seemed to show every single person having a "happy ending" One thing that confused me (mainly becuase I probably missed 90% of movie) was Froddo and Bilbo both going on that boat to die or reach immortality? I managed to hear the part when he was writting the book "lord of the rings" in his house that his injury still caused too many problems. then missed a part, and he went on the boat. anyone know?

top_gun
12-18-2003, 07:20 AM
I loved the ending man, (glad they didnt put in Scoring of the Shire, Im one of the few who didnt like it in the book)

anyway

SPOILERS

They go off to Valinor, is where the Valar lived (kind of like Gods, Morgoth was a god turned evil and Sauron was his servants that served under him) anyway, Only Elves can directly go to Valinor as they are the First Born, Frodo and Bilbo can not go on the shores of Valinor itself but they can stay on a island off the shore of Valinor. And they do die, just that they die more peacefully than the others
Seen it 2day, going back 2marrow

MagicNakor
12-18-2003, 08:55 AM
It was just about as I feared. Too much was cut out because of some odd choice to put Shelob in the third movie.

lol23
12-18-2003, 10:41 AM
i was quite pissed they dint put the scoring of shire in dint really explain wot happens to saruman in movie. mebbe in extended version&#33;&#33; fantastic movie though pj def deserves best director&#33;

MagicNakor
12-18-2003, 12:26 PM
It will be in the extended version, which means the scouring will be. Add to that the extra speeches and various other little scenes, I bet the extended version will clock in around 4, 4.5 hours.

carbert
12-18-2003, 12:34 PM
Skipped school to see this yesterday, definitely worth it, amazing film. Shame they didnt explain what happened to Saruman tho, guess ill have to wait for the dvd. Can someone answer some questions on the books though, as I have not read them:
1) When were they written (what year)?
2) What nationality is Tolkien?
3) What is the ending in the books?
Thanks.

{I}{K}{E}
12-18-2003, 01:27 PM
South Africa

it took him 12 years to write it

andwhat112
12-18-2003, 05:46 PM
1.)J.R.R. Tolkien finished the trilogy on 1949, then published on 1955

2.) Bloemfontein, South Africa

3.) The movie has the same ending as the book, almost, except when Frodo, Sam, Pippin and Merry come back to the Shire. In the book the Shire was taken over by humans (if I remember right). Would have been nice to see that part in the theaters...hopefully it&#39;s in the extended edition.

carbert
12-18-2003, 11:23 PM
Thank You andwhat112. The reason I am curious is: At the end of Return Of The King, when Gandalf and the rest of the Fellowship are fighting orcs at the black gate to allow frodo a safe passage to mount doom, they are saved by massive eagles. Since the eagle is the symbol of America, I wondered if this was symbolism for WW2, when America joined the war at the end and helped the allies when they were in danger. Just a thought, feedback welcome.

abu_has_the_power
12-18-2003, 11:42 PM
there&#39;s a chance i might be able to c it with my friend, and he&#39;s paying. i&#39;ll have to c. but in the mean tme, anyone have &#036;10? donate to the "abu wants to c rotk" fund. please?

L0rD_S0tH
12-18-2003, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by carbert@18 December 2003 - 17:23
Thank You andwhat112. The reason I am curious is: At the end of Return Of The King, when Gandalf and the rest of the Fellowship are fighting orcs at the black gate to allow frodo a safe passage to mount doom, they are saved by massive eagles. Since the eagle is the symbol of America, I wondered if this was symbolism for WW2, when America joined the war at the end and helped the allies when they were in danger. Just a thought, feedback welcome.
I saw a documentary where they had an old interview with Tolkien and he claimed that there was no deeper meaning in his stories. He did not tie them into present affairs what so ever. Tolkien believed people read way too much into his books. Thats probably because they were so damn good, it&#39;s hard to believe there was no deeper reasoning behind making them (other than an outlet for Tolkien&#39;s love of languages).

oh and I saw the movie yesterday and I&#39;m quite happy with it. According to P.J. they added the shelob scene into ROTK instead of TTT because there wasn&#39;t enough footage involving frodo and sam in the third movie without that scene. Also someone mentioned that the ending dragged on, but I feel after three years and three movies considering the whole scope of the series that the ending was adequate. Of course thats just my opinion. Can&#39;t wait to see this flick again......now if I could only find a decent ts, LOL.

Schmiggy_JK23
12-19-2003, 12:04 AM
To be honest, i heard rumor that the scouring of the shire may not have been filmed, though i would be disapointed if it wasnt.

Could easily be added just after they get there, and get the dirty look from the old man hobbit.

But i do know the sauramon demise was filmed, though possibly at his tower, and early rumors just had his associate killing him there or something.

The Extended Edition has a ton of potential, hopefully they go out with a bang.

MagicNakor
12-19-2003, 12:16 AM
No, it wasn&#39;t filmed. I found that out last night.

Sigh.

top_gun
12-19-2003, 12:40 AM
FOTR EE Commentary, PJ said they did not film Scoring of the Shire, the scene in Galadriel&#39;s mirror is the only glimps of what Scoring of the Shire would of looked like. Meh, never did like that part in the book anyway

Shelob&#39;s Lair was moved for two reasons

1.Not enough screentime for Frodo and Sam
2.Frodo doesnt reach Shelob&#39;s lair til Faramir&#39;s attemp to recapture Osgiliath and they dont leave Cirith Ungol til the battle of the Pelennor Fields. So timing was an issue

Besides some changes from the book, All I can say is that the movie is greata and they should make the ROTK EE ASAP

Tetsujn
12-19-2003, 04:54 AM
god that was so fucken exhausting and terrible. i want my 3 hrs back. shit the fight was alright and everything but the end and all that nonsence they were saying just became repetitive and (for lack of a better term) BORING. my ass was numb, my eyes were red, and my head was spinning from all the laughing i did with my friends at the end. it was so ridiculous. i must say i really tried to like this film but u just cant. u really cant...

ezyryder
12-19-2003, 01:09 PM
excuse my lack of knowledge. but what is the "scoring of the shire" I havn&#39;t read the book, so am unaware.

chalice
12-19-2003, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by ezyryder@19 December 2003 - 13:09
excuse my lack of knowledge. but what is the "scoring of the shire" I havn&#39;t read the book, so am unaware.
It&#39;s at the end of the book when the hobbits return home to the shire to find Sauromon in charge.

L0rD_S0tH
12-19-2003, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by Tetsujn@18 December 2003 - 22:54
god that was so fucken exhausting and terrible. i want my 3 hrs back. shit the fight was alright and everything but the end and all that nonsence they were saying just became repetitive and (for lack of a better term) BORING. my ass was numb, my eyes were red, and my head was spinning from all the laughing i did with my friends at the end. it was so ridiculous. i must say i really tried to like this film but u just cant. u really cant...
you know what they say about opinions? They&#39;re like assholes. Everybody has one.

Lightyear
12-19-2003, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by L0rD_S0tH@19 December 2003 - 18:05
you know what they say about opinions? They&#39;re like assholes. Everybody has one....
.... and they all stink.

I&#39;m gonna see the movie in the theatre as soon as it&#39;s out, but in my country some movies are late, so I guess I&#39;ll have to wait a month or so for ROTK to come here. So I&#39;m gonna DL it first like I did with TTT.

cow_dung
12-25-2003, 08:08 AM
:blink: i still dunt get the ending??? so why did the elves, frodo, bilbo and gandalf had to leave??? :blink:

lostinspace
12-25-2003, 04:01 PM
They had to leave because their time has come to an end ( elves, wizards, etc.) The elves and wizards keeped everything in check. It was time for them to leave the world to humans. They didn&#39;t have to go, but they were immortal. Tolkien had to get rid of them somehow to tie the History of middle-earth to the History of Earth as we are today, together. Frodo and Bilbo left because they were invited to go. They were the ringbearers of the One Ring. While Sam bore the ring too, it was not long enough to do the damage that Frodo and Bilbo endured.

mahammued786
12-27-2003, 03:49 PM
fking pure CLASS film&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; i still watch em&#33;&#33;&#33; lol, if u hav&#39;nt seen it, go watch it&#33; (at the cinema, not a dvdrip download, ruins your &#39;experience&#39;&#33;)

The ending in rotk is excellent i thought. But i get the feeling the story will continue with sam maybe&#33; Hopefully it does, shame to see it end really. :sad1:

They should make a TV series from it&#33; :)

KeyserH
12-28-2003, 12:55 PM
The ending in rotk is excellent i thought. But i get the feeling the story will continue with sam maybe&#33; Hopefully it does, shame to see it end really.

They should make a TV series from it&#33;&nbsp;

ooh please no&#33;&#33;

the trilogy is perfect this way. Just keep it that way, right?

Even making a prequel (The Hobbit) would go to far, i guess.

lets keep this thing not too commercial.

L0rD_S0tH
12-28-2003, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by KeyserH@28 December 2003 - 06:55

The ending in rotk is excellent i thought. But i get the feeling the story will continue with sam maybe&#33; Hopefully it does, shame to see it end really.

They should make a TV series from it&#33;

ooh please no&#33;&#33;

the trilogy is perfect this way. Just keep it that way, right?

Even making a prequel (The Hobbit) would go to far, i guess.

lets keep this thing not too commercial.
I can&#39;t help but agree.

joy1856
12-29-2003, 12:23 AM
man i have watched the movie yesterday..its really cool moive... B)

Adster
12-31-2003, 07:26 AM
I&#39;m sick to death of ppl saying the ending dragged if anything the beginning dragged and was slowed moved on I thought it was touching and Peter needed a way to wrap it up.

the only reason ppl say it dragged is coz you had already sat there for 3 hrs and you start to get tired and after the 2hrs action it slows down

the ending had to be like that in the end Sam was the true hero

I haev a question though

Sarum what actully happens to him as i havn&#39;t read the book?

top_gun
12-31-2003, 08:51 AM
Sam becomes Mayor of the Shire for a long time but when Rosie dies

"He come to the Tower Hills and is last seen by Elanor (one of his daughters) to whome he gives the Red book. Among the tradition is handed down by Elanor that Samwise passes the Towers, sent to the Grey Havens and passed over Sea, last of the Ring-Bearers"

basicly, he goes off to Valinor as well...

buggymattus
01-02-2004, 12:47 AM
You must be kidding&#33;&#33; i know this is a late addition but the coment that started this thread was pure bs&#33;&#33;&#33; Sounds like that guy was smoking a big pipe when he came up with those&#33;&#33; P.S. The movie rocks&#33;&#33;

bootylicious
01-02-2004, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by buggymattus@1 January 2004 - 20:47
You must be kidding&#33;&#33; i know this is a late addition but the coment that started this thread was pure bs&#33;&#33;&#33; Sounds like that guy was smoking a big pipe when he came up with those&#33;&#33; P.S. The movie rocks&#33;&#33;
I am totally with u on this one....why was this thing pinned in the first place? And why is it still there? I don&#39;t get it&#33;&#33;

Dray_04
01-03-2004, 08:57 AM
i saw the movie 3 nights ago and i thought it rocked.

and sorry if this question seems odd to you but why did frodo have to go on that boat with that old fart didlo baggins (jk :lol: ) and gandalf etc. where did they go/? i kinda lapsed in concentration at that point because i was getting annoyed at this fat lady sitting next to my friend balling her eyes out. man dont ya just luv it when sum1 ruins the movie for ya. she liked yelled out "ORCS&#33;&#33;&#33;" when frodos sword started glowing and i was like STFU in my head.; so yer anywayz can sum1 tell me

mahammued786
01-04-2004, 12:08 AM
As some one said they go to a place of rest called &#39;Valinor&#39; or something&#33;

tp://gamma.nic.fi/~timbbach/galleria/tolk-valinor.jpg

http://img-fan.theonering.net/rolozo/images/nasmith/valinor.jpg

marek154
01-05-2004, 11:59 AM
im sure it is a great movie but where can i DOWNLOAD IT&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;WHERE&#33;?&#33;?&#33;?
im gone see it in the cinema but im ill and i cant go to cinema like 3 weeks or something. Can any1 tell me where can i download myself this film.i really wanna see it :helpsmile: :helpsmile:

100%
01-06-2004, 04:10 AM
and sorry if this question seems odd to you but why did frodo have to go on that boat with that old fart didlo baggins (jk&nbsp; ) and gandalf etc. where did they go/?

My theory is - Frodo and Didlo have been sent to major Rehab centre to get rid of the Ring Junkieism addiction - obviously controlled by the Elves.

My question - is why they didnt just hop on an eagle and drop the ring in the begining?

Man - I loved the scene when Gollom finally got the ring-orgasmic

chalice
01-06-2004, 04:35 AM
Originally posted by marek154@5 January 2004 - 11:59
im sure it is a great movie but where can i DOWNLOAD IT&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;WHERE&#33;?&#33;?&#33;?
im gone see it in the cinema but im ill and i cant go to cinema like 3 weeks or something. Can any1 tell me where can i download myself this film.i really wanna see it :helpsmile: :helpsmile:
Suprnova.

Bilbo and the rest get on the boat because they are going across the sea to see the Valar, who were the supreme beings who created first the elves and then the rest of Middle Earth.

The power of the ring comes from the Valar and Morgoth (the first dark lord) and so everyone who has come into contact with it must eventually return to its source. In the book, even Sam crosses the sea many years later.

It all becomes a lot more clear in The Silmarillion.

100%
01-06-2004, 04:56 AM
Bilbo and the rest get on the boat because they are going across the sea to see the Valar, who were the supreme beings who created first the elves and then the rest of Middle Earth.

The power of the ring comes from the Valar and Morgoth (the first dark lord) and so everyone who has come into contact with it must eventually return to its source. In the book, even Sam crosses the sea many years later.

Thanx for explanation (i was sort of close though)

It all becomes a lot more clear in The Silmarillion
So there is hope for another movie?

chalice
01-06-2004, 05:09 AM
Originally posted by Zedaxax@6 January 2004 - 04:56

Thanx for explanation (i was sort of close though)

It all becomes a lot more clear in The Silmarillion
So there is hope for another movie?
Zedaxax, I doubt we&#39;ll see The Silmarillion in celluloid.

It was more of a linguistic endeavour for Tolkien and a chance for him to root his Elven mythologies. It has a very episodic style, much like Greek and Norse sagas.

Unfortunately, for everyone, Tolkien died before fulfilling the full scope of his vision. So all we&#39;ve got to go on are The Silmarillion and The Unfinished Tales (which give a richer backround of Gandalf).

top_gun
01-07-2004, 02:16 AM
is why they didnt just hop on an eagle and drop the ring in the begining?

Several reasons. One, Sauron would definitely notice a giant eagle flying into Mordor. They&#39;re not invincible. Two (per the directors commentary of the Fellowship dvd), the eagles had very specific reasons for doing things. They weren&#39;t just there to be the carrier pigeons of Middle Earth.

The third "The Eagles are the servants of Manwe, Lord of the Valar. Their intervention is assumed to be through his grace. The Valar seem to have taken a minimal intervention approach to Middle-earth in the Third Age, and although they have interest in Sauron being defeated they won&#39;t just knock him down and be done with it. For this reason the Eagles are occasionally used to tip the scales back into balance for the good guys, but they are not at the call of the Free Peoples to solve their problems

THE DUDE
01-09-2004, 03:21 AM
Originally posted by MagicNakor@18 December 2003 - 08:55
It was just about as I feared. Too much was cut out because of some odd choice to put Shelob in the third movie.

I heard the reason shelob was put in the 3rd movie because in the story even though the incident with shelob happened in the Two Towers (in the books) it actually takes place much later on in the story. In other words Frodo and Sam don&#39;t reach the spiders lair until several days after Gandalf and Pippin arrive in Midas Tirith which is well in to the 3rd movie. Peter Jackson mentions this in the Two Towers extended version and if u have a copy of the book a calander of the journey is in Appendix B under a section called THE GREAT YEARS 3018 with the major events listed in order as they happen in the story. :smilie4:

Adster
01-09-2004, 03:25 AM
HM a few more months for a screener?? <_<

August have to Wait till the DVD comes out

THE DUDE
01-09-2004, 03:32 AM
http://www.angelfire.com/ne/mithrandir/images/Balrog1s.jpg

I would like to see a fictional Historical documentiary of the Sillmarilion done in stead of a movie. (Kind the way they do those CG dinosaur wildlife documentiary like Chasing Dinosaurs or Dinosaur Planet.) I don&#39;t thinks you&#39;ll ever see it in film because anyone who ever read the book will tell u it would like be trying to condense the Old Testament in to one film. Also it&#39;s written like a vague historical document. The specifics of very few events are mentioned and the book spans from the creation of middle earth through thousands of years of history.

http://www.angelfire.com/ne/mithrandir/images/Glaur1s.jpg

http://www.mi.uib.no/~respl/tolkien/Tolkien/tolk-melkor.jpg
&#39;It is said that even as Feanor and Fingolfin stood before Manwe, and it was the Mingling of the Lights and both Trees were shining and the silent city of Valmar was filled with radiance as of silver and gold, in that hour Melkor and Ungoliante came over the plain and stood before the Green Mound.&#39; Morgoth&#39;s Ring.

x_gimpg
01-09-2004, 04:24 AM
Dont take this wrong this is my favorite movie ever probably, but i think i pissed some people at the theater off :lol: Could not stop laughing my ass off when the guy lit himself on fire and jumped... they were all worried about them when it looked like they were all going to die, then that guy just... jumps. And when frodo kissed sam on the forehead alot of people were whispering *fag**fag**fag* Awww, it felt like it went by really fast to tell you the truth

Nightwolf
01-10-2004, 03:23 AM
First off let me say this is by far the best trilogy of movies I have ever seen. However, personally I think the first part was the best, followed but part two, and finally part 3. The introduction of the characters and their different cultures, and the discovery of this terrible threat to them all was just about the greatest build up in the history of films. Unfortunately, as with most things in life, the anticipation is better than the actual climax. Also, I don&#39;t think any scene in parts 2 or 3 came close to the powerful emotion of the scene near the end of part 1 where Borimir, after trying to take the ring, gets shot with numerous arrows but keeps on fighting to save his friends.

Anyway, I do have some questions about RotK maybe someone who read the books can answer...

1) How did the spider stab Frodo through his Methryl?

2) What ever happened to Wormtongue?

3) Why are people saying the ending was different from the book? I&#39;ve seen the animated version and the part where Gollum bites off Frodo&#39;s finger, then falls into the lava is almost identical. How is the book different?

4) Along the same lines as the idea of using the eagles right from the start - why didn&#39;t Elrond suggest the army of the dead earlier, as they were able to wipe out the orcs with no problem.

Adster
01-10-2004, 03:49 AM
wormtounge is the one who kills Sarum wormtounge then dies later on killed hobbit arches

wormtounge and Sarum were suppose to be in the first 7 minutes of the film but Peter Jackson had other ideas sux fush and chups as he would say in a new Zealand accent :lol:

hamster007
01-10-2004, 10:52 AM
or as an Aussie would say fesh and cheps :D

hamster007
01-10-2004, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Schmiggy_JK23@18 December 2003 - 03:38
You know what i noticed.

In the trailer, gandalf and shadowfax rear up at minas tirth, when i a dark rider shows up, at the white tree courtyard. Yet in the film, this part didnt show up?

must be on the extended version maybe?
this scene will probably be in the Extended edtion.remember the withking saying to the sloth orc boss dude that he would break the wizard?Notice that near the end of the seige of Minas Tirith Gandalf suddenly has no staff.You see in the confrontation at the black gate that he doesn`t have it.The witchking breaks it when he fights with Gandalf.

Also cut was the mouth of Sauron scene at the black gates when Aragon,Gandalf,Legolas and co ride up to the gate.That was in the film but the bit where the dude comes out and tells them frodos dead and shows them his clothes isn`t.Hence Aragon looking all sorry ass as he turns and says "for Frodo" then charges headlong into a billion grumpy mofos.The mouth trys to barter with them saying you guys can have this bit of land there,and we`ll take this,this and this and then gandalf say`s something like go fuck yourself.Much to the mouths suprise..

Man i can`t wait for the extended DVD
ALL HAIL Peter Jackson
we are not worthy

THE DUDE
01-10-2004, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Nightwolf@10 January 2004 - 03:23
First off let me say this is by far the best trilogy of movies I have ever seen. However, personally I think the first part was the best, followed but part two, and finally part 3. The introduction of the characters and their different cultures, and the discovery of this terrible threat to them all was just about the greatest build up in the history of films. Unfortunately, as with most things in life, the anticipation is better than the actual climax. Also, I don&#39;t think any scene in parts 2 or 3 came close to the powerful emotion of the scene near the end of part 1 where Borimir, after trying to take the ring, gets shot with numerous arrows but keeps on fighting to save his friends.

Anyway, I do have some questions about RotK maybe someone who read the books can answer...

1) How did the spider stab Frodo through his Methryl?

2) What ever happened to Wormtongue?

3) Why are people saying the ending was different from the book? I&#39;ve seen the animated version and the part where Gollum bites off Frodo&#39;s finger, then falls into the lava is almost identical. How is the book different?

4) Along the same lines as the idea of using the eagles right from the start - why didn&#39;t Elrond suggest the army of the dead earlier, as they were able to wipe out the orcs with no problem.
Yeah I pretty much feel the same way I think Peter Jackson got over confident from the success from the first movie and started adding his own touches. Look what happened to the Star Wars series once Lucas surrounded himself with yes-men.

1 U have to remember that frodo was only wearing a shirt and there were lots of other spots for stabbing. Shelob was no normal spider she was intelligent. In the book she captures Golum and he comes to worship her (even though shelob is incapable of speech she can still comprehend). In exchange for his life he vows to return with prey for her.

2 In the book Wormtongue is given a choice by the Theoden to ride with the Rohirrim or be banished. He flees to Orthanc (Sauroman&#39;s tower) and once Sauroman is over thown (Wormtoungue is the one who threw the Palentir out of the tower to be found by Pippin) we don&#39;t see him in the book until much later on. In the book Sauroman is depleted of his powers but not powerless. He goes to the shire because he thinks that the hobbits will be easy to subdue. He still has a small force of henchmen who serve him and Wormtounge is one of these. When the hobbits return they mount a resistance and drive the cruel men out of the shire and kill quite a few of them in the process. They confront Sauroman along with Wormtoungue at Bagend and give him an ultimatum leave or die. They treat Wormtoungue with indifference and in the end he turns on Sauroman and they both are killed.

3 The book has a different end in that there are many events like the one in answer 2 above that arn&#39;t included. The books goes on for six chapters after the ring is destroyed.

4 In the movie this is over simplified and definitely hollywooded up. In the book Aragorn does not have the control over them after they assist him they are simply free to go. As far as the Elrond suggesting that they use this army in the book it simply would not have been enough the ring wraiths as would many of Sauron legions would have been able to destroy those of the dead army.

Nightwolf
01-10-2004, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by THE DUDE@10 January 2004 - 06:54
Wormtoungue is the one who threw the Palentir out of the tower to be found by Pippin
That&#39;s another thing I was wondering about - why that was laying in the water outside the tower. Thanks for all the good info, Dude (and everyone else here). This thread is really helping me to understand and appreciate Tolkien&#39;s story even more than I already did.

top_gun
01-10-2004, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by Nightwolf+10 January 2004 - 22:46--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Nightwolf @ 10 January 2004 - 22:46)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-THE DUDE@10 January 2004 - 06:54
Wormtoungue is the one who threw the Palentir out of the tower to be found by Pippin
That&#39;s another thing I was wondering about - why that was laying in the water outside the tower. Thanks for all the good info, Dude (and everyone else here). This thread is really helping me to understand and appreciate Tolkien&#39;s story even more than I already did. [/b][/quote]
Dont worry, Voice of Sauraum (the title in the book) will be in the Extended Edition (as well as the Death of Sauraum since theere is no Scoring of teh Shire)

Nightwolf
01-12-2004, 07:44 PM
Another question...

Why do they call Hobbits halflings? I&#39;m guessing they&#39;re half human, but what&#39;s the other half?

Marius24
01-12-2004, 09:46 PM
halflings :lol:

i thought it was that because they are half the size of humans

THE DUDE
01-12-2004, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by Nightwolf@12 January 2004 - 19:44
Another question...

Why do they call Hobbits halflings? I&#39;m guessing they&#39;re half human, but what&#39;s the other half?
No prob Nightwolf in case u cant tell I LOVE talking Tolken.

In Tolken&#39;s world and like in real life different cultures have different words for things based on thier points of view. Halfling is the Westron (the most common language in middle earth, the tongue in which trade is done and many cultures can speak) slang for Hobbit (it&#39;s basically what human&#39;s who don&#39;t know any better call Hobbits because they don&#39;t know what else to call them). In the shire they speak Westron but they speak a different dialect, the same as in Ireland where english is the mother tongue but it&#39;s a different dialect from American english.

I always assumed the humans called them halflings because they are roughly half the size of full grown man.

Nightwolf
01-13-2004, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by THE DUDE@12 January 2004 - 16:58
I always assumed the humans called them halflings because they are roughly half the size of full grown man.
Ahhh, that makes sense. So if they were around today, it would probably be politically incorrect to call them halflings. :D