PDA

View Full Version : Why Can't I Ever Get A Movie To Download?

E-squirrel
12-17-2003, 06:59 PM
I found Bruce Almighty DVD Rip on Kazaa Lite but I either get the Remote Queued message, or a pathetically slow speed such as 1.08 kb/s..I would like to download this DVD quality movie..can someone tell me a better source or something I might be doing wrong?

ZeroTolerance
12-17-2003, 07:16 PM
u still use kazaalite for movies> B)

Use bittiorent or shareaza

E-squirrel
12-17-2003, 11:26 PM
Sharezea comes up with 1 result, and I get pathetic download speeds on that too. Bittorrent is brutally bad, it's only good for small programs that weigh in at about..3 mb

Aaron_T
12-17-2003, 11:38 PM
you cant expect to get great download speed every time on k-lite just keep it because it will get more users eventually

are you using dial-up or broadband?

SeK612
12-17-2003, 11:43 PM
Try Emule (http://emuleplus.tk);

Quality:

http://sek612.netfirms.com/BruceQuality.jpg

Search for the following files (approx 700 meg):

Bruce_Almighty_(2003).PROPER.FTS.ShareReactor.avi

and

Bruce_Almighty_(2003).PROPER.FTS.ShareReactor.nfo

There should be lots of sources and it shouldn't take you too long if you have a decent participation level.

There are also higher quality DVD Rips (in the range of 1.54 gigs) on the network if you need them.

E-squirrel
12-18-2003, 01:46 AM
man..nice part to pause the movie..gosh I love her tits

E-squirrel
12-18-2003, 02:04 AM
I have a firewall/router and I always get a low id. How the hell can I fix that without screwing up my router?

Adster
12-18-2003, 02:38 AM
Originally posted by jerome18@18 December 2003 - 05:16
u still use kazaalite for movies> B)

Use bittiorent or shareaza
:lol: :lol:

uNz[i]
12-18-2003, 04:24 AM
Originally posted by E-squirrel@18 December 2003 - 11:34
I have a firewall/router and I always get a low id. How the hell can I fix that without screwing up my router?
This is obviously the reason you're getting such crappy download speeds.
You get a low ID because you don't have your ports configured properly.

Check your P2P program options. Somewhere in there you will find the port(s) it uses to connect to the net.

Look for instructions, or an FAQ for your particular router that covers Port Forwarding.

You have to configure incoming and outgoing ports on your router for your P2P prog to properly share files, or you'll get incredibly slow downloads.

E-squirrel
12-18-2003, 10:05 PM
Here's what it says:

Customized Applications (Blank)
Extension Port (Blank) to (Blank)
Protocol TCP (Box Unchecked)
Protocol UDP (Box Unchecked)

These are going accross in a row..they're all one filter..how would I do it? What is the information I want to punch in? Thanks in advance.

E-squirrel
12-18-2003, 11:23 PM
PLEASE!? Can SOMEONE help me get the correct ports needed open so I can download files from Emule and kazaa lite faster?

Here's what it says:

These are going accross in a row..they're all one filter..how would I do it? What is the information I want to punch in? Thanks in advance.

E-squirrel
12-18-2003, 11:31 PM
SOMEONE HELP ME!! :(

uNz[i]
12-19-2003, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by E-squirrel@19 December 2003 - 07:35
Here's what it says:

Well I'll tell you what I know, which isn't much. I don't use a router, but I've managed to fluke it with a mate who does and was having problems with his....

Customised Application - Your P2P program.
Extension Port - I have no idea. That's one reason why you need to check your router instructions.

Protocols TCP and UDP are incoming and outgoing connection ports.. this is where the files go into and out of your shared folder.

The port numbers you need to enter in these areas can be found in your P2P prog. If the prog just has one port number, I think you can get away with using the same number for both TCP and UDP... at least that worked for my mate's router, but yours may be different.

Probably the best thing for you to do is to ask the folks in the Filesharing section.
Tell them the make and model number of your router and ask them to help you get the port forwarding set up.. and be patient, because jumping up and down won't get a reply any faster..

Good luck, and I'm sorry I couldn't help you more.

bujub22
12-19-2003, 04:48 AM
http://download.com.com/3120-20-0.html?qt=kazaa&tg=dl-2001

go here dl the kazaa accelerator i dl a while ago works for me some times when i get mad that dl are taken to long.

junkyardking
12-19-2003, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by E-squirrel@17 December 2003 - 23:26
Sharezea comes up with 1 result, and I get pathetic download speeds on that too. Bittorrent is brutally bad, it's only good for small programs that weigh in at about..3 mb
You do have to forward ports for bittorent as well

junkyardking
12-19-2003, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by E-squirrel@18 December 2003 - 22:05
Here's what it says:

I dont know why some people just dont try to guess it. :huh:

Customized Applications = p2p program

Extension Port (Blank) to (Blank) = port range for e.g. bittorent 6881 to 6889

Protocol TCP (Box Unchecked) = Protocols that internet program uses

Protocol UDP (Box Unchecked) = Protocols that internet program uses

Bittorent just uses Tcp so check it, when configuring for emule it uses both so tick both of them

muchspl2
12-19-2003, 08:38 AM
because they want info hand fed to them, trying stuff out are reading the manual frightens and confuses them