PDA

View Full Version : Is There A Thread Or A Pinned Topic

Mïcrösöül°V³
12-17-2003, 07:51 PM
what i mean is, when dloading movies off say bittorrent, they seem to come in all sorts of formats. i have a movie called swimming pool, and it has like 50 files in it. 20 or so are zip files, and the rest are .r21, r22, r23, etc.. i know i can unzip one of the zip files and watch the movie, but i would like to know if all those files are some sort of dvd rip files that can be burned to a dvd without any extra formatting. i hope i was clear enough. :)

{I}{K}{E}
12-17-2003, 07:54 PM
do a searh there are a lot of topics about this in movieworld

Aaron_T
12-17-2003, 11:43 PM
no

GibboNet
12-18-2003, 12:49 AM
.r01 etc are winRAR files. Open the first one in winRAR (RAR Labs (http://www.rarlabs.com)) and the rest should automatically be detected and loaded.

I'm going to write up a tutorial on video formats, codecs, players, etc if I have the time - a basic guide is really necessary.

It doesn&#39;t help with people naming things wrongly... I mean, you can&#39;t have a divx VCD, but people still release them called that. <_<

Also, if anyone is after a good tutorial on the subject, email me with what you&#39;d want included, and I&#39;ll do my best. Now&#39;s your chance to learn.