PDA

View Full Version : Hey [b][o][t]! Come Lock Another Thread!

mooseman2070
12-17-2003, 07:59 PM
hello [B][O][T],i just wanna say that you are a little too strict on the rules of being a mod ok? lock this thread if you want, i dont care! DO IT! i can just start another one and you can lock that, then you'll ban me and i'll get another screenname, i mean dude, just lay off ppl for a while ok :angry: ? if there is 1 litte spam post in a thread you go and lock it, i mean come on dude :unsure:

muchspl2
12-17-2003, 08:09 PM
IBTL

mooseman2070
12-17-2003, 08:11 PM
hahaha

sarcasim sucks on computers

edit:so anyone with me?

fkdup74
12-17-2003, 08:12 PM
guess we know who'll never make mod status, now dont we? :lol:

{I}{K}{E}
12-17-2003, 08:13 PM
who cares.....

[B][O][T] doesnt do anything wrong

mooseman2070
12-17-2003, 08:14 PM
cmon now, no one is fed up with bot?

J'Pol
12-17-2003, 08:14 PM
Moose...etc

You have a shitty computer.

mooseman2070
12-17-2003, 08:16 PM
yeah, i know that, my dad thinks it will last me till college, but i think it will barely last me through next week

Gemby!
12-17-2003, 08:18 PM
i got my new one fairly recently - thanks dad ! hehe

and if the host is as bad as you say sure i support it but dont quote me on that ! lol

Illuminati
12-17-2003, 08:25 PM
I have no idea whether to laugh at the level of ridicule of the topic first or to question the naivity of its starter <_<

The forum has clear rules and moderators are required to moderate/judge based on them, with no favouritism or other influencing factors that might affect a mod&#39;s decision. Feel free to show where the locking is against the rules if you can, otherwise it&#39;s a case of "tough sh** - learn from it" :rolleyes:

This sentence especially makes me laugh like crazy

if you want a mod that give power to the people, then vote moose&#33; i will fight to start tv world and i wont lock threads because of stupid little shit

Few things wrong with that
1) http://www.mcbriens.net/liam/img/moderator.jpg
2) This board is not necessarily a democracy (only good-willed) - In essence, it&#39;s a semi-benevolent dictatorship. Live with it.
2) Mods can&#39;t add forums - Only admin can
3) I don&#39;t even want to think the implications of having another bl**dy world in (think "if one is allowed all should be")
4) If (hypothetically) you become a mod and you don&#39;t lock the topics that need to be, you wouldn&#39;t be doing the job.
5) http://www.mcbriens.net/liam/img/moderator.jpg

Normally I don&#39;t like to be this straight with anyone - Get a clue before you start bitching again <_<

J'Pol
12-17-2003, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by mooseman2070@17 December 2003 - 21:16
yeah, i know that, my dad thinks it will last me till college, but i think it will barely last me through next week
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You assume it will see the dawn.

mooseman2070
12-17-2003, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by Illuminati@17 December 2003 - 16:25
I have no idea whether to laugh at the level of ridicule of the topic first or to question the naivity of its starter <_<

The forum has clear rules and moderators are required to moderate/judge based on them, with no favouritism or other influencing factors that might affect a mod&#39;s decision. Feel free to show where the locking is against the rules if you can, otherwise it&#39;s a case of "tough sh** - learn from it" :rolleyes:

This sentence especially makes me laugh like crazy

if you want a mod that give power to the people, then vote moose&#33; i will fight to start tv world and i wont lock threads because of stupid little shit

Few things wrong with that
1) http://www.mcbriens.net/liam/img/moderator.jpg
2) This board is not necessarily a democracy (only good-willed) - In essence, it&#39;s a semi-benevolent dictatorship. Live with it.
2) Mods can&#39;t add forums - Only admin can
3) I don&#39;t even want to think the implications of having another bl**dy world in (think "if one is allowed all should be")
4) If (hypothetically) you become a mod and you don&#39;t lock the topics that need to be, you wouldn&#39;t be doing the job.
5) http://www.mcbriens.net/liam/img/moderator.jpg

Normally I don&#39;t like to be this straight with anyone - Get a clue before you start bitching again <_<
ok i&#39;ll edit my first post but bot still needs to be less obnoxious

Illuminati
12-17-2003, 08:39 PM
I don&#39;t want to be a bastard, but the fact is that the general manner for addressing problems with mods is to PM the mod privately. If there&#39;s no agreement there then PM the admin. What isn&#39;t the best thing to do is to complain about it in a public post because it makes the complainer look like a whiney little b**ch. :rolleyes:

Who needs to be less obnoxious isn&#39;t as black and white as you think

Snee
12-17-2003, 08:43 PM
:blink: BOT hardly said anything untoward since I joined, how the hell can he obnoxious, he never says anything unnecessary and he sticks to the rules like glue. :)

The rules are there for a reason, just because another MOD might be more lenient you shouldn&#39;t pick on someone who follows the rules to the letter.

namzuf9
12-17-2003, 08:44 PM
ohhh can I guess whats going to happne here? A shitload of flaming. Man I hate these type of threads.

Well Nam dont read them.
OK you&#39;re right.
What are you still doing here then?
I dont know.

Laters and quit the whining?

Snee
12-17-2003, 08:47 PM
:santa:

mooseman2070
12-17-2003, 11:12 PM
ya know what, screw it, i guess he&#39;s doing he&#39;s job and he&#39;s following the rules pretty good, i guess you could call him a ood mod,sorry for all this bullshit -_-

Lamsey
12-18-2003, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by Illuminati@17 December 2003 - 19:39
I don&#39;t want to be a bastard, but the fact is that the general manner for addressing problems with mods is to PM the mod privately.&nbsp; If there&#39;s no agreement there then PM the admin.&nbsp; What isn&#39;t the best thing to do is to complain about it in a public post because it makes the complainer look like a whiney little b**ch. :rolleyes:
It&#39;s actually in the rules. If you have a problem with a mod, take it up directly iwth the team.

[B][O][T] is a very helpful person and an excellent mod - if he locks a thread it is for a good reason. If you think otherwise then please send a polite PM to a member of the board team, citing evidence.

Now, as this thread actually goes against the board rules, it will be locked.

Thanks.