PDA

View Full Version : Super Bad Virus Out!

Smith
12-17-2003, 10:26 PM
VERY IMPORTANT WARNING.

Please Be Extremely Careful Especially if using Internet mail such as Yahoo, Hotmail and so on. This information arrived this morning from Microsoft and Norton. Please send it to everybody you know who accesses the Internet.

You may receive an apparently harmless email with a Power Point presentation "Life is beautiful. pps". If you receive it DO NOT OPEN THE FILE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, and delete it immediately. If you open this file, a message will appear on your screen saying: "It is too
late now, your life is no longer beautiful", subsequently you will LOSE EVERYTHING IN YOUR PC and the person who sent it to you will gain access to your name, e-mail and password.

This is a new virus which started to circulate on Saturday afternoon. WE NEED TO DO EVERYTHING POSSIBLE TO STOP THIS VIRUS AOL has already confirmed the severity and the anti-virus Software are not capable of destroying it. The virus has been created by a hacker who calls himself "life owner".

PLEASE FORWARD A COPY OF THIS EMAIL TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS.

...sounds bad :unsure:

asmithz
12-17-2003, 10:29 PM
Ah what we do in are free time :P Sounds like a biggy :lol:

smellycat
12-17-2003, 10:31 PM
It's just a hoax (http://antivirus.about.com/library/hoaxes/blenlife.htm) B)

uNz[i]
12-17-2003, 10:32 PM
Well even if it is a hoax, thanks anyway.

Either way, we come out of it a bit wiser than when we started.

Smith
12-17-2003, 10:32 PM
yes....well just watch wut ur opening, i wouldnt like 2 loose all those "pictures" in my hd :D

Illuminati
12-17-2003, 10:44 PM
Another phantom virus :rolleyes:

Damn - I&#39;ve have thought I could have gone six months without reading a report on another hoax <_<

100%
12-17-2003, 10:48 PM
http://www.dribbleglass.com/images/absolut/absolut1.jpghttp://www.dribbleglass.com/images/absolut/hoax.jpg

Smith
12-17-2003, 11:21 PM
lol, ohh sorry guys, my uncle sent it 2 me, he must of get it from someone that didnt relize it was a hoax 2. sorry again.

DWk
12-17-2003, 11:30 PM
i just laff at this stuff.... even my mom knows the diff between a hoax and a real warning... :rolleyes:

Smith
12-17-2003, 11:33 PM
...now i just feel stupid <_<

camille
12-17-2003, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by TheCanuk@18 December 2003 - 05:26
VERY IMPORTANT WARNING.

Please Be Extremely Careful Especially if using Internet mail such as Yahoo, Hotmail and so on. This information arrived this morning from Microsoft and Norton. Please send it to everybody you know who accesses the Internet.

You may receive an apparently harmless email with a Power Point presentation "Life is beautiful. pps". If you receive it DO NOT OPEN THE FILE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, and delete it immediately. If you open this file, a message will appear on your screen saying: "It is too
late now, your life is no longer beautiful", subsequently you will LOSE EVERYTHING IN YOUR PC and the person who sent it to you will gain access to your name, e-mail and password.

This is a new virus which started to circulate on Saturday afternoon. WE NEED TO DO EVERYTHING POSSIBLE TO STOP THIS VIRUS AOL has already confirmed the severity and the anti-virus Software are not capable of destroying it. The virus has been created by a hacker who calls himself "life owner".

PLEASE FORWARD A COPY OF THIS EMAIL TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS.

...sounds bad :unsure:
Thanks for the concern. Anyway my e-mail account is set only to my conctacts.

Sparkle1984
12-17-2003, 11:50 PM
I didn&#39;t think it was possible for a Powerpoint presentation to contain anything dangerous anyway?
So I imagined it might be a hoax.

tutv
12-18-2003, 12:54 AM
Your only really have to read the first couple of lines to guess it&#39;s a hoax... it reads like any other out there.

Samurai
12-18-2003, 01:13 AM
Don&#39;t feel too bad, people are still deleting the JDBGMGR.EXE file from their PC&#39;s without looking for information on this. I guess people&#39;s ignorance will be the downfall. People need to start getting clued up on this shit or they&#39;re going to be taken for a ride of their life...

Here&#39;s the link relating to theJDBGMGER (http://antivirus.about.com/cs/allabout/p/jdbgmgr.htm) file mentioned above.

Samurai :ph34r:

Just thought I&#39;d add this quote...

Common sense provides the best cure. If you aren&#39;t sure, don&#39;t forward it. Forget the &#34;just in case&#34; excuse - it&#39;s downright dangerous. Unless the warning comes from a known and reputable source, send it to the Recycle Bin and not to your friends and co-workers.

balamm
12-18-2003, 03:13 AM
Originally posted by Samurai@17 December 2003 - 18:13
Don&#39;t feel too bad, people are still deleting the JDBGMGR.EXE file from their PC&#39;s without looking for information on this.
I hate that @^&&#036;@ thing&#33; It may as well be a virus.

Close program... "You cannot close this program". WTF?? why not ?

"It is being debugged."

Ok, close now?

"No, still debugging"

WTF???

END NOW&#33;&#33;&#33;

"debugging"

ARRRRRHHHHGGGGGGG&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Mr. Blunt
12-18-2003, 03:21 AM
Originally posted by TheCanuk@17 December 2003 - 15:33
...now i just feel stupid <_<
:lol: :lol: :lol:

100%
12-18-2003, 03:24 AM
Mr. Blunt
:angry:
he tried to save us
thank him

Mr. Blunt
12-18-2003, 03:30 AM
TheCanuk,

I am very thankful that you posted this "virus" warning. I am very thankful since now I will be more carefull about this "Super Bad Virus" that will mess up my computer. I hope I don&#39;t get this hoax virus.

@Zedaxax

Sorry.

:P

DWk
12-18-2003, 03:53 AM
hehe sry for making you feel bad.... wasnt my intention :rolleyes:

Ma5t3rM1nD
12-18-2003, 04:11 AM
I could tell from the first line it was a hoax I mean why would Microsoft confirm a virus and out of all the anti-virus groups only Norton (which should be symantec) confirm it. Also Symantec or any Anti-Virus in general would send a warning espcially one as poorly constructed as that to e-mail. By the way I think PowerPoint can contain virues as it supports Macros.

fkdup74
12-18-2003, 04:15 AM
hey canuck, dont trip, you thought you was doin a service to the community,
nothing wrong with that (well, in extremes it could be a bad thing, but not a
virus notice :P )
i&#39;ll post virus defs every once in a while, but i get em from verified sources
that deal with this stuff on a daily basis, like symantec, from their KB :)
they never send e-mail notifications
and i try to only post real bad asses or p2p bugs

and i NEVER open e-mail from unknown sources, think maybe most people here are up on that

ZaZu
12-18-2003, 04:28 AM
The Symantec site (http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/life.is.beautiful.hoax.html) also says its a hoax <_<