PDA

View Full Version : 28 Day Later

Draconos
12-18-2003, 05:19 AM
Ok so I just watched 28 days later, how bad was this movie, it promisses to be "scarry as hell" but doest deliver. The premis of the movie is scary, the beguining was promissing but once they get out of the tunel, it goes down hill from there.

It borowed alot from the resident evil mythos and from the books, it could actualy be called "resident evil britain" if Dany doyle would have stuck with the survival horror partof the first 40 minutes of the movie it would have evolved great but the storyline with the horny soldiers just lost me

D

Final Rating from Draconos 4 /10 :egypt:

100%
12-18-2003, 05:28 AM
I love the occasional zombie movie but i must agree with you
they say it was based upon the below movie which washttp://www.tribalwar.com/forums/images/smilies/banana_hitit.gif
very pre Resident Evil style
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0790742802.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Rip The Jacker
12-18-2003, 05:33 AM
They said 28 Days Later was

The scariest movie of the year.
Scariest movie of the year my ass. I thought this movie was very disappointing...

Draconos
12-18-2003, 05:34 AM
I Love Zombie, probably the scariest, creaapiest monsters around, I've never seen Omega Man, I do remember the original, last man on earth with Vincent Price, and I've read the book "I am Legend" (I am legend is actualy the original and omega man was a remake of the Price movie)

I guess I can see the link, but 28 day later still sucked. I really happy I didnt DL it and burn it to DVD
D

ezyryder
12-18-2003, 06:22 AM
The movie wasn't scary due to the infected and such, it was more the mentallity that followed with seeing a deserted London, and infact Britain. It was only really meant to be scary in that sense for British folk, however still may not achieve. I didn't find it scary, but interesting and worth the watch. Just one thing, the movie I think was made before the resident evil movie? Of course, the game was out long before, but many sources say it is infact not inspired by.

also closing note. It wasn't a zombie film! it didn't have one single zombie in it! the infected were not dead, just under control from the virus, hence the name Rage for it causing rage. The film just brought to light in the time of recent terror attacks how Britain might of coped should a major virus break out. The results showed a deserted London, a sight most have never seen! that is why it is scary, to see the fall of society and that not even the military can be trusted (go figure).

Draconos
12-18-2003, 06:39 AM
to that point I must say it was scary, to see the fall of the "Kingdom" and very True, there were no Zombie but Infected, but ... the Rage Virus changes them into what would traditionaly be called a zombie.

I heared it was made like 4 years ago on a camcorder, It was made before Res evil but Res came out first. and the Resident evil books have been out since 97, I've read them all, and there is quite a bit bored from them.

I think the consect of the film was awsom and scary, but it just didnt deliver its promise.

and what was the whole "alternate ending scarier than the original" there was nothing scary about any of them.

D

BullWinkle
12-18-2003, 11:44 AM
Personally I thought this movie sucked ass. If I had paid to see it then I would be suffering from some extreme rage myself.

Prince of Darkness
12-18-2003, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by KrackHead2k@18 December 2003 - 15:33
They said 28 Days Later was

The scariest movie of the year.
Scariest movie of the year my ass. I thought this movie was very disappointing...
It was dissapointing <_<

MetroStars
12-18-2003, 02:04 PM
yes the movie wud have bin top if the army had not bin in...

sum of the special features on the DVD show a story board of the movie without the army, sud have kept it that way...

foot loose
12-18-2003, 05:30 PM
oi the film did not have a hollywood budget of millions :angry: so what they done with the budget they had i thought was quite good. i thought the film was alright alot better than the rubbish thats been comming out of hollywood 4 da last few years.

jimmyfiend
12-18-2003, 06:33 PM
agree with footloose, what they managed to accomplish with a much smaller budget than, say resident evil, was amazing, the fact that they had the balls to do such a bold project is commendable i light of the fact that the only movies that get lauded nowadays are the general shite which comes out of hollywood, rerun ideas on a budget of millions.
the movie did have a lot going for it but i do agree with you it also had its low points. But at the end of the day at least 28 days later took a chance and though its not as over produced and watchable as resident evil i believe it is in fact mucj better than that over blown piece of shite.

Robert00000
12-18-2003, 09:17 PM
This movie was shite. For much of it, it seemed like a family picnic movie :lol: , they just drove around the countryside. <_<

Cheese
12-18-2003, 11:54 PM
It was a movie of two halves (cliche I know) it started really well then, as others have said, after the army guys get involved it goes downhill.

If you haven&#39;t watched the alernative scenes then I fully recommend you do, some of these scenes imo work much better than what was left in. I particularly liked the "darker" ending...

raiserblade2003
12-19-2003, 04:33 AM
most horror movie today disapoint....cabin fever, undead, house of the dead, etc.....but the worst has got to be 28 days later....serioulsy, i allmost fell asleep after 30 mins....i dont even get y it was consider a horror movie....well it was a british film was it not? :P :lol:

bujub22
12-19-2003, 04:39 AM
Originally posted by raiserblade2003@19 December 2003 - 00:33
most horror movie today disapoint....cabin fever, undead, house of the dead, etc.....but the worst has got to be 28 days later....serioulsy, i allmost fell asleep after 30 mins....i dont even get y it was consider a horror movie....well it was a british film was it not? :P :lol:
agree with u all those movie&#39;s did suck&#33; and dont see how it was one of the most scariest .

jeepers creeper 2 was to me the scariest movie this year, but that&#39;s jus me.

junkyardking
12-19-2003, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by Zedaxax@18 December 2003 - 05:28
I love the occasional zombie movie but i must agree with you
they say it was based upon the below movie which washttp://www.tribalwar.com/forums/images/smilies/banana_hitit.gif
very pre Resident Evil style
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0790742802.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
Lol i&#39;ve seen that movie on late night tv, theres a point in there which has been very poorly edited, After watching a movie in the cinema Charlton heston is driving back along this very long strench of road from the city, in the distance you see city traffic so much for an abandoned city except for the zombies of course ;)

ezyryder
12-19-2003, 01:06 PM
Either you like it or not. To be so bold and call it "shit" is quite childish. I hated Chicago, I would rather have been impaled by a metal spear, but regardless I wouldn&#39;t be so harsh as to call it a terrible peice of work. Musicals are not my style of movie, but that doesn&#39;t make the movie shit. does it?

either you appreciate what the movie was trying to do or you don&#39;t. some movies, granted, are shit and never get a fanbase except those who find it funny to laugh at its patheticness, but thats it.