PDA

View Full Version : Albumwrap

SueM
02-17-2003, 01:04 AM
Hi everyone :D

Yes as you can tell I am new at this. I read today in the forums about albumwraps and did copy one. Now the question is..... how do I copy it to CD???? When I try to burn it on mediaplayer it says there is an error. It won't let me copy it on CD creator either. I know I am doing something wrong, I just don't know what. Also does anyone know of a site that shares audiobooks. Kazaa lite has a few but not usually the whole book. Thank you for any help you can give.

Ad
02-17-2003, 02:33 AM
are u talking about slicing up your tracks or burning them as one whole track?

Ad
02-17-2003, 03:01 AM
okay for a start use Nero course it has nero wave ediitor u can download Nero from the nero web site then u can use the wave editer to slice up your tracks into seperate files.

Sneepboy
02-17-2003, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by SueM@16 February 2003 - 19:04
Hi everyone :D

Yes as you can tell I am new at this. I read today in the forums about albumwraps and did copy one. Now the question is..... how do I copy it to CD???? When I try to burn it on mediaplayer it says there is an error. It won't let me copy it on CD creator either. I know I am doing something wrong, I just don't know what.
Okay, I am just figuring this out right now. Yesterday I downloaded 12 AlbumWraps. They played fine on my computer so I burned them to a cd. All but 2 will not play in my in dash mp3 player. I did a search on google & found this site here (http://www.infamus.com/albumwrap/) . This is apparently the software that is used to make the albumwraps. Download from them the free extractor and try that. Weird - I started with a big mp3 that plays on my computer and after running the extractor, I have all the songs separated into their own mp3's. I will try to burn again tonight when I get home.
Anyone who knows more about this, please post although I think Im getting a handle on this. Kinda cool in that every thing is ripped with the same bitrate and is properly named.

N£MO
02-17-2003, 05:02 PM
Sneepboy Posted on 17 February 2003 - 17:53
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QUOTE (SueM @ 16 February 2003 - 19:04)
Hi everyone 

Yes as you can tell I am new at this. I read today in the forums about albumwraps and did copy one. Now the question is..... how do I copy it to CD???? When I try to burn it on mediaplayer it says there is an error. It won't let me copy it on CD creator either. I know I am doing something wrong, I just don't know what. 

Okay, I am just figuring this out right now. Yesterday I downloaded 12 AlbumWraps. They played fine on my computer so I burned them to a cd. All but 2 will not play in my in dash mp3 player. I did a search on google & found this site here . This is apparently the software that is used to make the albumwraps. Download from them the free extractor and try that. Weird - I started with a big mp3 that plays on my computer and after running the extractor, I have all the songs separated into their own mp3's. I will try to burn again tonight when I get home.
Anyone who knows more about this, please post although I think Im getting a handle on this. Kinda cool in that every thing is ripped with the same bitrate and is properly named. 

Albumwraps are cool and you answered your own question.With the extractor you rip them and they are all individual tracks(complete albums).You can make your own rips of your fav albums and make them into albumwraps to share.It's the best way to go sharing full albums. :D

Sneepboy
02-17-2003, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by TBO@17 February 2003 - 11:02
Albumwraps are cool and you answered your own question.With the extractor you rip them and they are all individual tracks(complete albums).You can make your own rips of your fav albums and make them into albumwraps to share.It's the best way to go sharing full albums. :D
Well, it was actually SueM's question.

But hey, this is too cool. What a cool way to get full albums. I've extracted them all now. (by the way, the 2 that would play in my in dash mp3 player were not real albumwraps but were complete albums ripped as one mp3.) You get lots of hits searching for albumwrap.

I have little doubt that if I wanted to burn them in CD format with nero, it would work now.

Give it a try Sue. Good Luck & enjoy.

SueM
02-18-2003, 03:08 AM
Now your really going to think I am computer stupid (which wouldln't be far from the truth) :rolleyes: But which Nero do I install? There's alot of different ones and than what do I do? Sorry, I promise I will get good at this and help to contribute to this site :P Thanks again

SueM

Ad
02-18-2003, 03:47 AM
okay u will want to install the natest version of nero burning Rom which is on their website it will come with nero wave editor and nero media player

5.5.10.0 if i'm not correct is the latest version there might be another one just realease for Feburary but the nero website will tell u by the dates

Sneepboy
02-18-2003, 05:13 AM
Originally posted by SueM@17 February 2003 - 21:08
Now your really going to think I am computer stupid (which wouldln't be far from the truth) :rolleyes: But which Nero do I install? There's alot of different ones and than what do I do? Sorry, I promise I will get good at this and help to contribute to this site :P Thanks again

SueM
Im not sure what the choices are but "nero - burning rom" & "nero express" is what I suggest. They will probably install together. Nero Express is a more beginner type program while nero - burning rom is the more robust one.

P.S. I have now burned my cd and all the songs work great in my in dash mp3 player. Im gonna go search for more right now! :) :rolleyes: