PDA

View Full Version : Am I The Only One?...

darksideofthemoon
12-19-2003, 03:00 AM
i was wondering what your guys's cd buying habits were ever since you started dl'ing songs and stuff. i can honestly say i haven't bought a cd in 8 months, and i don't forsee buying one any time soon. i know if you dl'ed some songs and you like it you should buy the album to suppport the artist or whatever, but i figure why when i can just dl'ed at a good bitrate and it sounds the same. is there something wrong with me?...

Samurai
12-19-2003, 03:03 AM
I haven't bought music in a while... I can't honestly remember the last album I bought. As for DVD's, I still purchase these regularly, although that's probably because I'm still learning how to use my DVD burner to burn double-layered DVD's to single-layer (but that's another story) :)

Samurai

100%
12-19-2003, 03:11 AM
I buy alot of 800mb CD Roms

http://www.tvcompass.com/Corporate/img/graph.gif

wenze1
12-19-2003, 03:24 AM
All i buy is cdr's and dvd+r i got a huge movie collection 112 movies plus 5113 songs so why buy cd's lol

theslayer40
12-19-2003, 04:07 AM
The last time I payed for an audio CD was back in 99 :D , my parents and friends buy CD and sometimes if they something good I'll burn a copy for me :D. Games although I do buy espically good games like Diablo and I do buy the ocassional DVD.

james_bond_rulez
12-19-2003, 04:26 AM
you can buy cds?

wow there is a whole new world out there :blink:

Rock Tonic Juice Magic
12-19-2003, 05:21 AM
so far in 2003 i have baught 2 cds (matrix revolutions soundtrack & return of the king soundtrack)

and 2 dvds (two towers dvd & the two towers extended edition)

:D

strangedays
12-19-2003, 08:27 PM
Do you not buy CD's cos you find the music is poor?

If you like a CD a lot you should buy it, otherwise you are as good as a thief, with all of his morals.

Sparkle1984
12-19-2003, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by strangedays@19 December 2003 - 19:27

If you like a CD a lot you should buy it, otherwise you are as good as a thief, with all of his morals.
oh blahdeblahdeblah..... :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

junior asprin
12-19-2003, 11:10 PM
i still buy cds, mainly cos i cant find the track im looking for!

ill give u a tenner if u can find the whole of agoria, radioactive man, or Zoot Womans latest albums

(*****got me fingers crossed*****)

mooseman2070
12-19-2003, 11:41 PM
i dont anymore, but prices sure have soared for harddrives and highspeed internet

rohoth
12-20-2003, 03:35 AM
Since I started file sharing, I buy more CDs than I ever did before. I've discovered new artists and types of music. I explore, learn, then I purchase. I want the artists to be compensated when I like their music. I think many people have increased their music purchases because of file-sharing, and it's a good thing to do, if you are able to afford it.

GibboNet
12-20-2003, 03:47 AM
I haven't bought a cd in ages.

Since I moved out to my own place about 7 months ago, I haven't had any spare cash for that kind of thing at all.

I would if I could afford it, but only after I sample the music online. I have bought a few crap cd's in the past, I hate it.

Rip The Jacker
12-20-2003, 04:18 AM
What?! Buy CD's?! That would be paying for stuff thats free, your nuts! :wacko:

sparsely
12-20-2003, 04:52 AM
yes. I still buy them.

pusher
12-20-2003, 05:20 AM
Yes in fact I bought 2 cds just the other day.

Cotton
12-20-2003, 05:28 AM
Originally posted by strangedays@19 December 2003 - 20:27

Hey lay off the theives theres nothing wrong with stealing.

You work hard for you money so u can eat but instead of eating for a night you go out and buy a cd which make it so some rich artis can buy antoher $500,000 car.

Man fuck that your the idiot, you morals blind your judgemen.t i would rather keep my money for food or somin better, and download the song and the artist can go without another fucking mansion or their 99th car.

They waste the their money cause they have so much while you need everycent to eat (and get a faster internet connection) :).

Thieves are cool!!!

thetransplanted
12-20-2003, 05:36 AM
most of my music is downloaded and then i put the tracks onto an audio cd..so its purdy much the same thing.. but i still buy cds. if your a true fan of the artist youll support them...

Rosepetal
12-20-2003, 07:54 AM
I still buy CD's as well, but not many. Although the amount I buy has either stayed the same from before I was downloading or even increased as my income has increased. I agree I only buy them though if I know I will like the majority of the CD not just one song. Gotten into that rutt before and what a waste of money, especially when you really can't afford it to begin with.

That's the problem, maybe the record labels should start producing more actual artists w/ alot of really good music on their CD's rather than their new form of made up music that artist never even created in the first place. Hence why alot of my favourite artists are ones that create their own songs.

Plus nobody is supporting the artist from a CD purchase, they only get approx $0.80 cents from each one sold, and that is if they are lucky. Check out this site where an actual producer shows the real amounts everyone makes and pays. Really interesting. http://www.negativland.com/albini.html

YouSycophant
12-20-2003, 10:36 AM
I buy clothes and what not from bands if i like them , the way i see it is they prolly make more money from that. Do you have any idea how many cds a band ahs to sell to turn a profit, millions and they make pennies per the cd

Alucard1475
12-20-2003, 02:02 PM
The last time I bought a CD was... 8 years ago??? :o

darksideofthemoon
12-20-2003, 02:23 PM
I wish i could afford to buy cds, but i just can't afford it. i have a very healthy musical appetite and am contantly discovering new artists to listen to, it would be unpractical to buy all the cds i like. i prefer to spend my money on stuff i can't dl online ;)

Lilmiss
12-20-2003, 04:39 PM
Yes, I still buy cd's.
I prefer to have a collection of originals.
It looks smarter in the cd rack, and its doing a good service to the bands.

I pride myself on my NOFX collection. :D

Gutter
12-20-2003, 06:35 PM
very well said lilmiss

I still buy Cd's from the bands I love/like. I want more music from these artists so I don't want to rip them off.

I also purchase the underground, harder to find on line Cd's which support underground labels and bands. their usually an reasonable price for a good compilation too! :D

Support the bands you love if you want more music from 'em.

Lilmiss
12-20-2003, 06:47 PM
(plus a lot of smaller companies send out freebies with your orders. :P )

Gutter
12-20-2003, 06:55 PM
GOD bless the free swag

posters, stickers, extra CDs I even got a big rubber bat shaped stamp once :o
odd but cool and free with purchase

Lilmiss
12-20-2003, 07:17 PM
And the same bloody "floyd" cd every time you order from Fat Wreck. :D
All my mates have a copy now. :P
Got a load of free "Sloppy Meat Eaters" stuff.
I was chuffed to bits. My whole fridge is covered in freebie stickers. :)

But there is many an album I have borrowed, then went out and bought.
Theres nothing finer than spending afternoons in old vinal shops.
Unfortunatly they are slowly disapeering, this has got to be to do with people not buying anymore. Its a crying shame.

Save our shops!!! ;)

internet.news
12-20-2003, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by darksideofthemoon@19 December 2003 - 04:00
i was wondering what your guys's cd buying habits were ever since you started dl'ing songs and stuff. i can honestly say i haven't bought a cd in 8 months, and i don't forsee buying one any time soon. i know if you dl'ed some songs and you like it you should buy the album to suppport the artist or whatever, but i figure why when i can just dl'ed at a good bitrate and it sounds the same. is there something wrong with me?...
nope, you are just human, aren't you?

but if you want to support the artist, pay him directly, otherwise the Music
Record Companies would probably get more than the artist.

and the newest small artists need some donations ...for example artists playing on the streets ;) they need some money to buy some food and hot tea ;)

Tormentor
12-22-2003, 01:39 AM
I couldnt care less about the bands I listen to or anyone else by the way. Im not gonna waste my life worrying about other people or caring for them. I do whatever I can to make my life better. So the people that dont like it can kiss my ass.

Busyman
12-22-2003, 04:22 AM
I still buy CD's but only if they are great FULL albums (even ones I can get for free). I want an elite collection liner notes and all.
DVD's are the same animal. I couldn't burn Scarface. I had to buy it.

Reasons I tell the MPAA and RIAA to fuck themselves though:

1. CD costs have risen- I will sometimes see a single CD in a store for $18.99
2. Albums usually only have 1-3 good songs- I download those songs or burn the CD from a friend then share it
3. The RIAA lies- For every "study" that says their sales are WAY down due to dowloading there is another that says it is due shitting product and price.
4. I got too many DVD's and it makes me sad- I have bought over 700 DVDs and now I only buy "elite" movies. I have spent wayyyyyy too much money and that's with a hookup on the price (usually $8-$10 a disc). You do the math.
5. The MPAA is full of shit when they put out Terminator 2 Ultimate Edition then Extreme Edition. Stargate had 3 editions. LOTR had an extended edition. Scarface had a special edition and everyone thought the had just come out on disc when I had the thing for ages (some people on this forum). Just put the extras on the original disc; that's what DVD was partly for.

I do understand #5 is a money making scheme I mean you've got people that buy LOTR regular edition AND extended edition :blink:
Get the best one and call it a day

Aaron_T
12-22-2003, 06:33 PM
well even if i didnt have kazaa i wouldnt need to spend money on Albums and songs i simply buy them Copy them using my CD rewriter and then either keep them for myself or sell them

blackerdays
12-23-2003, 12:19 AM
For you youngsters out there and music fans in general,

A lot of the music you are downloading wouldn't be available if people weren't making money from it. If CD and DVD sales diminish, it will drive the cost of the CD's and DVD's up higher than they already are. If you're favorite bands that you are downloading aren't making money, you remove any reason for your favorite bands to make more music. Ever think of that? There are pay sites that exist where you pay $.99 for each song so that your favorite artists can make money while you download. Now I, too, download free music which may make me SEEM to be a hypocrite. The difference is that I continually buy new DVDs and CDs often. I can buy as many as 10 cd's and dvd's a month depending on what's released. A lot of times more. Further more, I have a cd collection of over 500 cd's and about 200 dvd's. And, I download from pay site when ever possible. I have way more software than I have mp3 downloads. Downloading free music is good for material that is out of print and/or hard to get. Or, if you want to SAMPLE a new artist or group. Otherwise, if you are truly a fan, you should BUY merchandise whenever possible. Now if money is a problem, support your favorite bands as much as you can afford and keep downloading. The problem is that a lot of people CAN afford cd's and dvd's but are too selfish to purchase them.

I , as a fan, like the special feature, lyrics, art work and having something tangible in my hands. Payable downloads are also safer having lower risks for virusis, etc.

It's up to you. Keep exclusively downloading and watch music disappear.

Tormentor
12-23-2003, 01:03 AM
Lecture someone who cares. <_<

ijc_2003
12-23-2003, 01:38 AM
i dont buy anything because your all getting conned, when i was younger i bought alot of cds lp and videos now as technoligy has moved its way cheaper to produce
but the price has went up in the actual stores,

also remember who made the indusrtrys they are today, all of your parents and their parents including mine my dad has over 200 Vinyl lps and he had 5 brothers
who had vast collections to, so instead of ripping from vinyl i rather download them all again for him, save me the time as people have alreready done it for me.

how many times are we going to see elvis appearing in new unreleased albums and the beatles2 the music industry is sucking you dry,

Adster
12-23-2003, 02:18 AM
OK last time I bought a CD for myself that is

December 15 2001

Yes with the original post you download and get the exact same quality from a bought one and why would you want to pay &#036;30 just for a lyrics book??

I do burn my albums and cover them with front and back covers and even the CD with special sticky labels to look exactly like the bought CD only thing I don&#39;t get is the lyrics book and f*ck if I&#39;m paying 30 bucks just for a lyric book

bu a CDR for &#036;.150 along with some ink and paper allot cheaper

Busyman
12-23-2003, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by blackerdays@23 December 2003 - 00:19
For you youngsters out there and music fans in general,

A lot of the music you are downloading wouldn&#39;t be available if people weren&#39;t making money from it. If CD and DVD sales diminish, it will drive the cost of the CD&#39;s and DVD&#39;s up higher than they already are. If you&#39;re favorite bands that you are downloading aren&#39;t making money, you remove any reason for your favorite bands to make more music. Ever think of that? There are pay sites that exist where you pay &#036;.99 for each song so that your favorite artists can make money while you download. Now I, too, download free music which may make me SEEM to be a hypocrite. The difference is that I continually buy new DVDs and CDs often. I can buy as many as 10 cd&#39;s and dvd&#39;s a month depending on what&#39;s released. A lot of times more. Further more, I have a cd collection of over 500 cd&#39;s and about 200 dvd&#39;s. And, I download from pay site when ever possible. I have way more software than I have mp3 downloads.&nbsp; Downloading free music is good for material that is out of print and/or hard to get. Or, if you want to SAMPLE a new artist or group. Otherwise, if you are truly a fan, you should BUY merchandise whenever possible. Now if money is a problem, support your favorite bands as much as you can afford and keep downloading. The problem is that a lot of people CAN afford cd&#39;s and dvd&#39;s but are too selfish to purchase them.

I ,&nbsp; as a fan, like the special feature, lyrics, art work and having something tangible in my hands. Payable downloads are also safer having lower risks for virusis, etc.

It&#39;s up to you. Keep exclusively downloading and watch music disappear.
Ok RIAA guy, just like ijc said, the cost of making CDs is less but the record industry charges more than when you packaged CDs in those long cardboard boxes.
&#036;18 sometimes for a single CD?

KISS MY ASS

I do buy CDs that are good in almost their entirety. One hit wonders get the fart. :blink:

Arm
12-23-2003, 09:59 AM
:ph34r: I havent bought a cd in 3 years except this self-released demo cd I bought directly from this Finnish band called Ultimatium. B)

{I}{K}{E}
12-23-2003, 10:25 AM
What if no-one bougth music CD&#39;s, then what ??

Adster
12-23-2003, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by {I}{K}{E}@23 December 2003 - 20:25
What if no-one bought music Cd&#39;s, then what ??
then of course there would be no file sharing

and BTW we are not stealing music :angry:

we buy the blank CDR

we pay our ISP to do what we want

We listen to the music to support the artist and spread the word of mouth about how good they are etc.

which also help for them to sell more shows

I hate ppl who say its stealing pisses me off

Busyman
12-23-2003, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Adster+23 December 2003 - 10:49--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Adster &#064; 23 December 2003 - 10:49)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-{I}{K}{E}@23 December 2003 - 20:25

we buy the blank CDR

We listen to the music to support the artist and spread the word of mouth about how good they are etc.

I hate ppl who say its stealing pisses me off [/b][/quote]
uhhh....sorry Ad IT IS&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
Man you are in denial.
I download shit too but it is stealing.
Your ISP nor the cost of blank CD-Rs pay the record companies.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Listening does support the artist monetarily. The artist doesn&#39;t give 2 shits if he ain&#39;t making any money. You sound whimsical.

blackerdays
12-24-2003, 05:21 AM
Ok RIAA guy, just like ijc said, the cost of making CDs is less but the record industry charges more than when you packaged CDs in those long cardboard boxes.

KISS MY ASS

I do buy CDs that are good in almost their entirety. One hit wonders get the fart.&nbsp;

Let&#39;s see how you feel when technology catches up to the way you make a living or when you make a living. The same reason you gave for stealing music might just bite you in the ass later. Your boss or future boss may feel that &#036;6.00 an hour is too much to pay you. Instead he&#39;ll simply replace you with a computer program that is much cheaper and more reliable. Let me guess, you don&#39;t care. Let&#39;s see what happens when you actually confront reality and it happens to you.

Adster
12-24-2003, 05:34 AM
Originally posted by Busyman+23 December 2003 - 23:56--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Busyman @ 23 December 2003 - 23:56)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Adster@23 December 2003 - 10:49
<!--QuoteBegin-{I}{K}{E}@23 December 2003 - 20:25

we buy the blank CDR

Man you are in denial.

Listening does support the artist monetarily. The artist doesn&#39;t give 2 shits if he ain&#39;t making any money. You sound whimsical. [/b][/quote]
IT is NOT stealing
I am supporting the artist by listening to their music

If I was an artist OK would I rather somebody who can&#39;t afford Cd&#39;s to download it all just sit on their ass and not bother hearing my music???

you choose I think you would know what my choose would be

Adster
12-24-2003, 05:37 AM
Originally posted by blackerdays@24 December 2003 - 15:21

KISS MY ASS

I do buy CDs that are good in almost their entirety. One hit wonders get the fart.

Let&#39;s see how you feel when technology catches up to the way you make a living or when you make a living. The same reason you gave for stealing music might just bite you in the ass later. Your boss or future boss may feel that &#036;6.00 an hour is too much to pay you. Instead he&#39;ll simply replace you with a computer program that is much cheaper and more reliable. Let me guess, you don&#39;t care. Let&#39;s see what happens when you actually confront reality and it happens to you.
that already has been happening for years

your forgettign 1 thing

Music is abotu Entertainemtn NOT money

Busyman
12-24-2003, 05:43 AM
Originally posted by blackerdays@24 December 2003 - 05:21

KISS MY ASS

I do buy CDs that are good in almost their entirety. One hit wonders get the fart.

Hey blacker
Lower the cost of CDs then we&#39;ll talk further.

I get CD-Rs almost free so I know record companies pay next to nothing PER CD.
The whole manufacturing process is less than when vinyl was out.
Furthermore you have RAISED the cost of CDs to the consumer more than when they were first in record stores.

That&#39;s called pricing yourself out of business.

I almost forgot about the scandel of price-fixing and collusion between the record companies and record stores keeping the prices high across the board.

And there will always be a need for communications technicians ma&#39;am to which I am.
Who&#39;s gonna hook up your precious T-1 or better yet repair it when lightning burns up your smartjack.

I happen to make music myself and still hate you greedy fucks.

"Record company people are shadyyyyy"
"So kids watch your back cause&#39; I think they smoke crack"
"I don&#39;t doubt it, look how they act"

Q-Tip, A Tribe Called Quest

blackerdays
12-24-2003, 05:47 AM
i dont buy anything because your all getting conned, when i was younger i bought alot of cds lp and videos now as technoligy has moved its way cheaper to produce

also remember who made the indusrtrys they are today, all of your parents and their parents including mine my dad has over 200 Vinyl lps and he had 5 brothers
who had vast collections to, so instead of ripping from vinyl i rather download them all again for him, save me the time as people have alreready done it for me.

how many times are we going to see elvis appearing in new unreleased albums and the beatles2 the music industry is sucking you dry,

You have some good points. But, what is anything reallly worth? I&#39;ll tell you. It&#39;s worth whatever people are willing to pay. In a sense it&#39;s good that file sharing exists. It&#39;s competition and competition levels the playing field. But, again, How would you feel if the way you made a living was affected by this technology. I&#39;m sure you would feel different. And, about the re-issues, they are for the new fans that may have not been around when the original albums were released. Yes the record companies make more money, but the consumer can choose not to buy. In some rare cases the original albums are no longer available. Another example. U2 has been around for a long time. I just got into them. I like the song New Years Day. Instead of buying everything that U2 released I could purchase the "best of" albums. And, if i really like them, I&#39;ll start buying the rest of there catalogue. With all this said, I too, think that cd and dvd prices are a bit high and the industry does take advantage of the buying public, however, there will always be the few apples that will spoil the bunch in every possible situation where money is exchanged and made.

Busyman
12-24-2003, 05:53 AM
Originally posted by Adster+24 December 2003 - 05:34--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Adster &#064; 24 December 2003 - 05:34)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Busyman@23 December 2003 - 23:56

Originally posted by Adster@23 December 2003 - 10:49
<!--QuoteBegin-{I}{K}{E}@23 December 2003 - 20:25

we buy the blank CDR

Man you are in denial.

Listening does support the artist monetarily. The artist doesn&#39;t give 2 shits if he ain&#39;t making any money. You sound whimsical.
IT is NOT stealing
I am supporting the artist by listening to their music

If I was an artist OK would I rather somebody who can&#39;t afford Cd&#39;s to download it all just sit on their ass and not bother hearing my music???

you choose I think you would know what my choose would be[/b][/quote]

your forgettign 1 thing

Music is abotu Entertainemtn NOT money

That&#39;s a rather communist thought; I&#39;ll just make music for nothing but to please Adster and the masses.
Sure I enjoy making the music but hell I can&#39;t make money off of it. :lol:
Sorry Ad but this and your first statement are very ignorant.

This blacker guy is obviously RIAA but I can&#39;t in good conscience say it isn&#39;t stealing.

If all P2P networks are shut-down I promise you that I still won&#39;t buy anymore piece-of-shit overpriced CDs. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Adster
12-24-2003, 05:57 AM
Originally posted by blackerdays@24 December 2003 - 15:47

i don&#39;t buy anything because your all getting conned, when i was younger i bought alot of Cd&#39;s lp and videos now as technoligy has moved its way cheaper to produce

You have some good points. But, what is anything reallly worth? I&#39;ll tell you. It&#39;s worth whatever people are willing to pay. In a sense it&#39;s good that file sharing exists. It&#39;s competition and competition levels the playing field. But, again, How would you feel if the way you made a living was affected by this technology. I&#39;m sure you would feel different. And, about the re-issues, they are for the new fans that may have not been around when the original albums were released. Yes the record companies make more money, but the consumer can choose not to buy. In some rare cases the original albums are no longer available. Another example. U2 has been around for a long time. I just got into them. I like the song New Years Day. Instead of buying everything that U2 released I could purchase the "best of" albums. And, if i really like them, I&#39;ll start buying the rest of there catalogue. With all this said, I too, think that cd and dvd prices are a bit high and the industry does take advantage of the buying public, however, there will always be the few apples that will spoil the bunch in every possible situation where money is exchanged and made.
IF your going to be a musician like me in this day in age you SHOULD know what your getting yourself into with technology and stuff it is up to the musician to find themselves another job which will pay will if there music isn&#39;t paying enough.

fuck I mean how much do these top 40 crap bullshit artists make?? and it&#39;s those bands that are bitching the most aka Metallica

So if your thinking of making a living out of music its your choose you know what your getting yourself into.

Like starting your own business or buying a house you know what could happen you could get broken into etc or go plain BUST its the Artist Responsibility of what there getting into if they don&#39;t expect it then there not smart enough

masta.z
12-24-2003, 05:58 AM
hmmmm, firstly, i buy CD&#39;s whenever i can afford them, and if i didn&#39;t download albums then i wouldn&#39;t be able to afford them so wouldn&#39;t buy them... so tell me, exactly how do the groups lose out here when i download their music?? secondly, blank cd&#39;s cost next to nothing yet the record labels charge extortionate amounts of money for CD&#39;s and keep most of it for themselves with the artist&#39;s making very little from CD&#39;s sales and i&#39;ll be f**ked if am givin all ma money to already too rich record labels, and thirdly I&#39;ll goto concerts to support an artist where they atleast get more than 5% from sales.... also, true musicians and artists (of any kind) do what they do for the love of their artform (music in this case) and the people that are only in it for the money and nothing else aren&#39;t worth giving your money to
peace,
Masta.z&#33;

blackerdays
12-24-2003, 06:04 AM
Hey blacker

Furthermore you have RAISED the cost of CDs to the consumer more than when they were first in record stores.

I almost forgot about the scandel of price-fixing and collusion between the record companies and record stores keeping the prices high across the board.

And there will always be a need for communications technicians ma&#39;am to which I am.
Who&#39;s gonna hook up your precious T-1 or better yet repair it when lightning burns up your smartjack.

Q-Tip, A Tribe Called Quest The need for technicians is a great thing. You are still just thinking of yourself and your field makes you biased. I&#39;m in no way opposed to you making money. However there can be only so many technicians. For the record, I would be a sir and not a ma&#39;am.

your forgettign 1 thing

Music is abotu Entertainemtn NOT money Without money, you remove incentive. Try working for free. What&#39;s wrong with your favorite group or artist(s) making money? You can still love what you do and make money.

Busyman
12-24-2003, 06:07 AM
Originally posted by blackerdays@24 December 2003 - 06:04

Hey blacker

Q-Tip, A Tribe Called Quest The need for technicians is a great thing. You are still just thinking of yourself and your field makes you biased. I&#39;m in no way opposed to you making money. However there can be only so many technicians. For the record, I would be a sir and not a ma&#39;am.

your forgettign 1 thing

Music is abotu Entertainemtn NOT money Without money, you remove incentive. Try working for free. What&#39;s wrong with your favorite group or artist(s) making money? You can still love what you do and make money.
Ad&#39;s point has already been addressed.

Anyway you haven&#39;t addressed my points or are you blind?
You see, I have intimate knowledge of the record biz so I know the cost of manufacturing, royalty points for the artist, have done "work for hire", etc.
You are on this "this is wrong", "what if no one bought CDs" shit and are not addressing the "why".
Go back and do your homework>

Adster
12-24-2003, 06:08 AM
Originally posted by blackerdays@24 December 2003 - 16:04

Hey blacker

your forgettign 1 thing

Ive worked my ass off allot for free before.

and as I said artist who are bitching about being ripped off are making double what anyone from this board is making already if it wasn&#39;t for the music industry riping us and the artists off of more then we wouldn&#39;t have a problem.

I would pay to see a Band live of course coz at least I know where most of that money is going too artist production crew etc.

masta.z
12-24-2003, 06:11 AM
Originally posted by blackerdays@24 December 2003 - 07:04
Without money, you remove incentive. Try working for free. What&#39;s wrong with your favorite group or artist(s) making money? You can still love what you do and make money.
you ever heard of the band "amen"

probably not, but one of my favourite bands, yet their last album after finishing recording sony decided to drop them and wouldn&#39;t release the album so what did amen do? they took sony to court to get their songs released via compilation albums etc... without making any money for it, all they wanted was to get their music out there whilst they started working in crap jobs...

blackerdays
12-24-2003, 06:18 AM
IF your going to be a musician like me in this day in age you SHOULD know what your getting yourself into with technology and stuff it is up to the musician to find themselves another job which will pay will if there music isn&#39;t paying enough.

fuck I mean how much do these top 40 crap bullshit artists make?? and it&#39;s those bands that are bitching the most aka Metallica

So if your thinking of making a living out of music its your choose you know what your getting yourself into.

Like starting your own business or buying a house you know what could happen you could get broken into etc or go plain BUST its the Artist Responsibility of what there getting into if they don&#39;t expect it then there not smart enough Hey maybe we can all have two jobs. Hell, why not three. Why not right?[/QUOTE]
This blacker guy is obviously RIAA but I can&#39;t in good conscience say it isn&#39;t stealing.
[QUOTE]Wrong, I&#39;m actually a musician that would mind doing what I love and making money from it too. In general, there are a lot more people involved when it comes to making cd&#39;s. Who pays the people who actually burn the cd&#39;s? Who pay for the packagers? who pays for the legal contracts and the lawyers? The sales dept? promotion dept? You guessed it. I guess those peoples jobs aren&#39;t necessary.

Busyman
12-24-2003, 06:25 AM
Originally posted by blackerdays@24 December 2003 - 06:18

Like starting your own business or buying a house you know what could happen you could get broken into etc or go plain BUST its the Artist Responsibility of what there getting into if they don&#39;t expect it then there not smart enough Hey maybe we can all have two jobs. Hell, why not three. Why not right?

Wrong, I&#39;m actually a musician that would mind doing what I love and making money from it too. In general, there are a lot more people involved when it comes to making cd&#39;s. Who pays the people who actually burn the cd&#39;s? Who pay for the packagers? who pays for the legal contracts and the lawyers? The sales dept? promotion dept? You guessed it. I guess those peoples jobs aren&#39;t necessary.
1. Go back and learn how to use the quote button.
2. Raising the cost of the product prices ALL of those people out of business.
3. P2P isn&#39;t affecting record sales THAT much or there wouldn&#39;t be "record"-breaking sales of old and new artists in the last 4 years.

STFU and get the facts straight

blackerdays
12-24-2003, 06:30 AM
Ad&#39;s point has already been addressed.

Anyway you haven&#39;t addressed my points or are you blind?
You see, I have intimate knowledge of the record biz so I know the cost of manufacturing, royalty points for the artist, have done "work for hire", etc.
You are on this "this is wrong", "what if no one bought CDs" shit and are not addressing the "why".
Go back and do your homework> Am i blind? read my previous posts. As for the why: Human nature. Nobody is going to pay for ANYTHING that they don&#39;t have to. That&#39;s the truth. Everything else is pure bullshit. If you made millions doing what you do, there would be millions hating on you and what you do. And, if money doesn&#39;t matter to you, work for free now&#33; You won&#39;t cause you&#39;ve earned your position. And yes, as I stated earlier the record companies are making a killing. God bless America&#33; Free enterprise. Free market. Or should we all be communists?

Adster
12-24-2003, 06:40 AM
wtf I got lost with that f*King quote :huh:

blackerdays
12-24-2003, 06:41 AM
3. P2P isn&#39;t affecting record sales THAT much or there wouldn&#39;t be "record"-breaking sales of old and new artists in the last 4 years.

1. How&#39;s this for using the the quote button. Feel free to nit pick as a means of showing your intelligence and maturity. It speaks volumes.
2. Prices are raised everywhere and people are still working. It&#39;s up to the individual to market ones self.
3. P2P affects record sales. Period. But what do you care? Your not losing money. You don&#39;t even want to part with &#036;18.00. Good for you&#33;

Jayhawk
12-24-2003, 06:52 AM
ok if u dont agree with d/l music thats your opinion. which is fine and i dont really care how u feel on that subject. But this is a file-sharing forum&#33; So if you dont want to share or be pro-sharing then leave cause you are here on the basis of starting trouble. We are a very close file sharing community expecially here in musicworld. Please do not start trouble cause we are not searching for it.

plzthnx

sparsely
12-24-2003, 07:03 AM
sparsely

looks...

sees lots of quotes...

sees lots of paragraphs...

deduces that a debate is in progress...

feels the sudden moronic force of numerous poorly thought-out/typed-out opinions pressing against his monitor....

sparsely flees to save his poor, half-eaten brain.

+ here&#39;s a random picture of some puppies.
http://pluto.imagemagician.com/images/sparsely/pups.jpg

Busyman
12-24-2003, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by blackerdays@24 December 2003 - 06:41

1. How&#39;s this for using the the quote button. Feel free to nit pick as a means of showing your intelligence and maturity. It speaks volumes.
2. Prices are raised everywhere and people are still working. It&#39;s up to the individual to market ones self.
3. P2P affects record sales. Period. But what do you care? Your not losing money. You don&#39;t even want to part with &#036;18.00. Good for you&#33;
1. Great&#33;&#33;&#33; YOUR volume of intelligence has grown. Glad to see you&#39;ve learned young one.
2. Well STFU coming on a P2P forum preaching to us about buying some overpriced crap.
3. No I don&#39;t want part with &#036;18 when I know that overall costs to the record company have gone DOWN and yet the cost to the consumer has gone UP. I&#39;ve read countless material on what the real cost of CD music should be and may shock you to know it UNDER &#036;9.
Record companies are not in any risk of going under due to P2P (at least not for now).

Unless you have anything more meaningful to add
1. STFU
2. repeat step 2
3. repeat step 3
4. and GTFO&#33;&#33;&#33; :angry:

You are obviously supremely tendentious.

Everyone thought your music was shit; that&#39;s why it didn&#39;t sell :lol: :lol:

You are now blacklisted mmmmmmmmbyby :D

blackerdays
12-24-2003, 07:12 AM
ok if u dont agree with d/l music thats your opinion. which is fine and i dont really care how u feel on that subject. But this is a file-sharing forum&#33; So if you dont want to share or be pro-sharing then leave cause you are here on the basis of starting trouble. We are a very close file sharing community expecially here in musicworld. Please do not start trouble cause we are not searching for it.

plzthnx I&#39;m not totally against file sharing. I do it myself. I am against ANYONE losing money. I personally did not attack anyone and have tried to be a civil as possible. All I have tried to do is present an opinion. You don&#39;t have to agree. I am not anti-file sharing. As I have stated a number of times, support the musician as much as your budget allows. I, too, am not searching for trouble. I will defend myself as would anyone else when provoked. Just because I have a difference of opinion does not necessarilly mean I want trouble. It would be necessary to read all the posts involved to get a better idea of how all this transpired. If you don&#39;t have the time to read, then you would be better off silent.

blackerdays
12-24-2003, 07:21 AM
1. Great&#33;&#33;&#33; YOUR volume of intelligence has grown. Glad to see you&#39;ve learned young one.
2. Well STFU coming on a P2P forum preaching to us about buying some overpriced crap.
3. No I don&#39;t want part with &#036;18 when I know that overall costs to the record company have gone DOWN and yet the cost to the consumer has gone UP. I&#39;ve read countless material on what the real cost of CD music should be and may shock you to know it UNDER &#036;9.
Record companies are not in any risk of going under due to P2P (at least not for now).

1. STFU
2. repeat step 2
3. repeat step 3
4. and GTFO&#33;&#33;&#33;&nbsp;

Everyone thought your music was shit; that&#39;s why it didn&#39;t sell&nbsp;

You are now blacklisted mmmmmmmmbyby You are truly a coward. Blacklist me who cares? You are severly anti-american. Feel free to be as brave as you wish while you are typing. Don&#39;t let me get under you skin. I obviously struck a nerve. Check mate&#33;

masta.z
12-24-2003, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by blackerdays@24 December 2003 - 08:21

1. STFU
2. repeat step 2
3. repeat step 3
4. and GTFO&#33;&#33;&#33;

Everyone thought your music was shit; that&#39;s why it didn&#39;t sell&nbsp;

You are now blacklisted mmmmmmmmbyby You are truly a coward. Blacklist me who cares? You are severly anti-american. Feel free to be as brave as you wish while you are typing. Don&#39;t let me get under you skin. I obviously struck a nerve. Check mate&#33;
*wonders WTF being or not being anti-american has to do with anything??* also as for your point about who pays the pckagers etc... larger record company&#39;s use these things called machines, dunno if you&#39;ve heard of them, but their cheaper than staff, and yet they still charge even more for something that could be sold for under half price without loss.

Busyman
12-24-2003, 07:43 AM
So has anyone been watchin&#39; Everybody Loves Raymond?

blackerdays
12-24-2003, 07:48 AM
*wonders WTF being or not being anti-american has to do with anything??* also as for your point about who pays the pckagers etc... larger record company&#39;s use these things called machines, dunno if you&#39;ve heard of them, but their cheaper than staff, and yet they still charge even more for something that could be sold for under half price without loss.

If you took the time to read, you would know what anti-american has to do with anything. As for the rest of your comments,It takes money to have those .....um what do you call &#39;em..........oh, machines. If you heard of the words maintenance and repairs and other necessary costs.I bet you believe in magic don&#39;t you? All the numerous extra&#39;s in maintaining a business happens by magic............yippee&#33;
And, if you took the time to READ you would find that I am NOT anti-filesharing. Just considerate enough to support my favorite artists as I see fit. You people on this bored are a bit touchy. Try some actual contact with live human beings. It&#39;s a whole new world&#33;

sparsely
12-24-2003, 07:51 AM
:frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty:

for the love of god, shut the fuck up already.

Busyman
12-24-2003, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by Sparsely@24 December 2003 - 07:51
:frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty:

for the love of god, shut the fuck up already.
He&#39;s a whiny little bitch isn&#39;t he Sparsely?

Jayhawk
12-24-2003, 07:56 AM
i like the santas instead of stars

Busyman
12-24-2003, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by KwahyaJ@24 December 2003 - 07:56
i like the santas instead of stars
Me 3, I mean me too

blackerdays
12-24-2003, 08:05 AM
LOL, Sparse. As for you busychump. You obviouly can&#39;t handle a debate without your feelings getting hurt. And, I&#39;m the bitch? I tell you what I&#39;ll lead by example and leave the board. I am the bigger man. All your childish response afterward will be proof of your lack of integrity. How weak you are to be so upset. I&#39;m laughing at you&#33; Now back to your little world of make-beleive. :D :D :D :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

joops
12-24-2003, 08:09 AM
i actually read all 5 pages and when i did so i dlded about 3 to 4 albums worth of music that i probably couldn`t find anywhere else but on p2p.i see everybody`s point but i like the fact that file sharing is a form of anarchy.All those conglomerates are pimping the artists they put out,capitalism sucks so if i can get their products for free dont hate,and any body who made their way to this forum is basically a"thief"so why some of you get on the moral highground i dont have a clue,cos i bet you got more mp3s than me&#33;&#33;&#33;
personnaly i haven`t bought a cd/dvd/software in about 2 years and i`m not planning on it&#33;&#33;&#33;
all these companies(not the artists themselves)can eat :shit: :shit: and die
JOOPS

sparsely
12-24-2003, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by blackerdays
I&#39;m laughing at you&#33; Now back to your little world of make-beleive.

good. I hope you&#39;re enjoying yourself. I need some good public relations laughter.

sparsely goes back to the land of make-believe...

http://www.turnertoys.com/H1/H1_Trolley6161__big.jpg

I&#39;m gonna live with that little grey cat.

Jayhawk
12-24-2003, 08:14 AM
can i be the trolly driver?

sparsely
12-24-2003, 08:17 AM
you&#39;ll be Lady Elaine Fairchild&#39;s date&#33;
(the revolving museum makes me quesy&#33; :x ) :o

Adster
12-24-2003, 08:43 AM
:01: :01: :01: :01: :01: :01: :01:

Busyman
12-24-2003, 10:28 AM
Why the hell was I talking this RIAA blacker guy anyway? :blink:

..........staying up to late :music1:

blackerdays
12-24-2003, 06:53 PM
QUOTE (blackerdays)
I&#39;m laughing at you&#33; Now back to your little world of make-beleive.

good. I hope you&#39;re enjoying yourself. I need some good public relations laughter.

sparsely goes back to the land of make-believe...
LOL, Sparse. As for you busychump. You obviouly can&#39;t handle a debate without your feelings getting hurt. And, I&#39;m the bitch? I tell you what I&#39;ll lead by example and leave the board. I am the bigger man. All your childish response afterward will be proof of your lack of integrity. How weak you are to be so upset. I&#39;m laughing at you&#33; Now back to your little world of make-beleive.

Just to clarify, Sparse. The only part of the last comment directed at you was
LOL, Sparse everything else was directed to the ultra feminist, ultra sensitive, communist..........Busyman.

In general, I DO FILESHARE&#33; Iknow a lot of you won&#39;t take the time to read, so I seem like a hypocrite. I never said I was perfect. But, I still buy a majority of my music. At least 90%. The bottom line is to support your favorite bands as much as you can. But let me guess, If you all had a way of getting concert tickets, T- shirts and other merchandise for free on a continual basis, you would pay right? Sure you would. :rolleyes:

Busyman
04-01-2004, 11:41 PM
Whatever happened to this RIAA guy above?

lee551
04-02-2004, 02:27 AM
i buy "less" i would say. i am very selective about what bands get my money. i usually reserve a cd purchase for only my most-liked bands, and new ones that i really enjoy.

i buy dvd&#39;s a lot more than cd&#39;s. especially if i can find a good deal on ebay. B)

rr_kingozz
04-02-2004, 03:26 AM
It&#39;s up to the artists and movie industry to market their products for maximum profit. Musicians should try touring their new material more often and the movie industry should be happy that rental sales have increased over the years. In the 80&#39;s & 90&#39;s I bought about 500 music cd&#39;s. Since 2000, I have maybe bought 10 cd&#39;s. Times have changed............. it&#39;s just the bottom line.

aoyv73
04-05-2004, 07:31 PM
me i buy a few dvds some vhs and a load of blank dvds some very cheap cds as well sometimes i buy my kids music

B.Helto
04-05-2004, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by busyman+1 April 2004 - 23:41--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (busyman &#064; 1 April 2004 - 23:41)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Whatever happened to this RIAA guy above?[/b]
<!--QuoteBegin-blackerdays@24 December 2003 - 08:05
I tell you what I&#39;ll lead by example and leave the board. I am the bigger man. All your childish response afterward will be proof of your lack of integrity....[/quote]

I think he got tired of you calling him "RIAA". (It is a bit immature isn&#39;t it?: calling someone RIAA just because you don&#39;t agree with him.)

Busyman
04-05-2004, 08:57 PM
Well I thought it was rather dumb of him to come here just to post about the evils of not buying all his music....ON A FILESHARING FORUM&#33;&#33;&#33;

He disagreed with the very nature of this forum and what it stands for.

B.Helto
04-05-2004, 09:06 PM
I just went through this entire thread - for the first time - and that&#39;s not the impression I got from his statements. But it was really boneheaded to call him RIAA just because you don&#39;t like what he says.

BTW: what exactly is very nature of this forum and what it stands for?

djweiser
04-05-2004, 09:17 PM
I buy all my cds & dvds legally. Allthough offering a professional mobile disco, i have no choice.

Busyman
04-05-2004, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by B.Helto@5 April 2004 - 17:06
I just went through this entire thread - for the first time - and that&#39;s not the impression I got from his statements. But it was really boneheaded to call him RIAA just because you don&#39;t like what he says.

BTW: what exactly is very nature of this forum and what it stands for?
At the time it was K-lite Discussion Board.

If you look at his join date, the first post he jumps in is this one.

He deserved to get slammed. It wasn&#39;t merely disagreeing. He was sprouting off in a board who&#39;s very nature is to share EVERYTHING.

I guess he was doing it because he makes music or was part of the RIAA.

B.Helto
04-05-2004, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by Busyman@5 April 2004 - 21:24
Ouch&#33; I make music, too. Does that make me a bad person? Am I the enemy? :ph34r:

DWells55
04-05-2004, 09:55 PM
I downloaded Hoobastank&#39;s album and really loved it. I was about to buy it when I realised, "If the RIAA had their way, I never would have heard of Hoobastank. I never would of heard any of their music. Besides most of the money goes to the RIAA, not Hoobastank." So I decided not to buy it. Same goes for DVDs.

ahctlucabbuS
04-06-2004, 01:38 AM
I buy them regularly although I should buy more. Need to expand my cd collection so IŽll probably buy more of the good shit I download. Downloading mp3s also allow me to check out more rare stuff that I might never have found otherwise, and if its good IŽll most probably buy that (provided I have the money of course ;) ).

Busyman
04-06-2004, 02:55 AM
Originally posted by B.Helto+5 April 2004 - 17:39--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (B.Helto @ 5 April 2004 - 17:39)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Busyman@5 April 2004 - 21:24
Ouch&#33; I make music, too. Does that make me a bad person? Am I the enemy? :ph34r: [/b][/quote]
As do I. I haven&#39;t got normal production contract yet but have done work for hire.

I am my own worst enemy. :lol: