PDA

View Full Version : My Recent Screw Up...

TonsOfFunEntertainment
02-17-2003, 02:09 AM
My last post titled check this out or something like that was an error! It could be my browser settings or an error in the page. This is what happened...call me an @$$ if you will, but now you know why it happened!

I pressed "Post New Topic" and I received the well known error of page unavailable! i pressed refresh on my browser, got frustrated...pressed it a couple more times, closed my browser...still no post! Posted the very last one, then...BOOM! 4 more followed it. My apologies to those who R p|$$ed, but if there is anyway to fix this on my part...please tell me...

Once again...I APOLOGIZE FOR MY INCONVENIENCE!

The Great Dude
02-17-2003, 02:58 AM
I like your effort of trying to make it clear to everyone. :lol:

RPerry
02-17-2003, 07:37 AM
you clerified it, don't worry, the Mods will fix it

Curley
02-17-2003, 08:31 AM
It seems to be happening to quite a few people lately, so don't worry about it.

tilen76
02-17-2003, 08:36 AM
Don't hit the "Refresh" button" next time this happens, because even if it shows the Page not found error, your post went through, don't worry about that.
Use the Favourites shortcut to the board, because when you hit the "Refresh button", you automatically refresh the address in your address bar (which is at the moment you're doing that pointing to posting your topic). This is why it posted so many times, for every time you hitted the refresh button.

Hit the shortcut to the board or hit the back button and then "View New Posts" or www.k-lite.tk Board links on the page.

;)

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
02-17-2003, 10:10 AM
;) I can't beleive they have not made a sticky yet on this subject...it would only be temporarily.Unless they said screw it because this problem is going to be permanent. :blink:

tilen76
02-17-2003, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@17 February 2003 - 11:10
;) I can't beleive they have not made a sticky yet on this subject...it would only be temporarily.Unless they said screw it because this problem is going to be permanent. :blink:
I sure hope it wont be permanent or we may need at least 10 more moderators to clean all that mess. :o

CornerPocket
02-17-2003, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@17 February 2003 - 04:10
Not a permanent problem, however it is ongoing. A possible lead has been discussed but due to lack of contact we are waiting a reply to see if this is such the case. So that inaccurate information is not passed nothing more will be said at this time. Most of us will experience this until we receive a reply. ;)

FC, I think there is a "temporary" pinned topic in relation to this error message up there for you and everyone else :D

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
02-17-2003, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by CornerPocket@17 February 2003 - 09:51
FC, I think there is a "temporary" pinned topic in relation to this error message up there for you and everyone else :D
:P Not for me...for all the people making NOOB mistakes. :P

bloodaxe
02-18-2003, 07:29 AM
is this a recent problem? it happened to me a week ago for the first time and i saw other posts about the same problem shortly after.

SideSwiped
02-19-2003, 09:19 PM
All I can say is maybe people should READ the topics list FIRST. I saw the pinned on this topic but didn't think about it until I tried to post, froze in my tracks right there and opened a new browser to go look at it before moving on from the error page.