PDA

View Full Version : Sharereactor

MagicNakor
02-17-2003, 02:32 AM
What's the quality of their game stuff? Most of what I'm getting are .bins and the like, but a few are .aces, so I'm wondering if they rip sound/video out at all.

Nobody1234
02-17-2003, 02:53 AM
Why did you make 2 threads about the same thing?

The Great Dude
02-17-2003, 02:57 AM
I think it's that error thing Nobody, look at the guestroom and you'll see something like that. :lol: Sharereactor stuff are pretty good.

jetje
02-17-2003, 07:00 AM
It's normally pretty good stuff. Downloaded a lot of the games. They were all full games (iso-bin).

tilen76
02-17-2003, 08:44 AM
Games at www.sharereactor.com (http://www.sharereactor.com) are all Cd images, usually cracked (you need to overwrite the executable usually).

I only download games from there, since with ISOs on Kazaa you never know if you're gonna get corrupted files or not.

Kazaa for muic and movies and eMule for ISOs (software and games). ;)

And those posted on Sharereactor site are double checked, and well spread. The first time they are checked by the person who posts them usually on their Forum (he usually also rips them) and then the second time by the people who post the links in their database and they don't do that before the thing is widely avaliable. I have never gotten less than 100 sources on something from Sharereactor.

:)

MagicNakor
02-17-2003, 12:01 PM
I wasn't aware I made two threads on the same thing.

Zardoz
02-17-2003, 01:12 PM
Yeah here too the sharereactor site is great good links and lots of sources on emule and very little fakes
I also use Sharereactor and Filedonkey (http://www.filedonkey.com/search.html?pattern=some+like+it+hot&media=) as verifieds for Kazaa

Shinigami_[R.I.P.]
02-17-2003, 05:26 PM
Yea, ShareReactor is a very dependable site. I've never gotten fakes off it and usually if its been up for awhile on ShareReactor, so its been on Emule and such for awhlie too, then it will probably be on Kazaa by then. It's a good site to use as a reference and verifieds site. :rolleyes:

cool skill
02-17-2003, 08:35 PM
Does share reactor only make you use edonkey, or can you use k-lite to DL stuff from them?

The Great Dude
02-17-2003, 08:37 PM
They only have edonkey links which can also be used for emule, no kl. Though you can still find some of their stuff on kazaa. Just search shareactor.

Shinigami_[R.I.P.]
02-17-2003, 08:38 PM
Sharereactor only works with Edonkey, EMule, Overnet and the like.

cool skill
02-17-2003, 08:39 PM
But isn't k-lite better?
Why don't they just use k-lite instead?

Shinigami_[R.I.P.]
02-17-2003, 08:43 PM
Now that's opinion. Many users that have been on Edonkey and the like have as good a speed as the fastest DL'ers on KL. You just have to build up your credit on Edonkey and you'll start getting fast speeds. In KL, you can see fast speeds right away, but Edonkey takes time. The Edonkey/Emule network is ALOT better than KL because of more features and files are more abundant on their network than fasttrack.

cool skill
02-17-2003, 08:48 PM
Ok thanks for the info.

I think I'll start using it.

Will I get any spyware or ads if I DL edonkey?

How do I build credit?

I like k-lite because there is none of that credit stuff.

Shinigami_[R.I.P.]
02-17-2003, 08:52 PM
Instead of Edonkey, get EMule which is a better type of it IMO. Emule Plus (http://www.emuleplus.tk/) or regular Emule (http://www.emule-project.net/) and a site which has mods for emule tarod (http://indigo.retemail.es/)
Emule is free of that stuff (spyware and such) just like KL.
You build credit by uploading ALOT. Thats why it takes patience. For a good speed to happen, you usually have to upload for a couple hours without DL'ing and then you'll start getting good DL speeds.

The highest I've DL'ed off Emule was 30 KB/s and I uploaded for about an hour without Dl'ing anything.

BROCKSTER
02-17-2003, 09:34 PM
i could not use share reactor every time i clicked a link for the games or movies it said windows could not find even though i had e donkey why was this i thought the site looked wicked as well it had a lot of stuff i wanted is there an easyer way to get files of that ?

cool skill
02-20-2003, 01:29 AM
I really like the share reactor site for providing verifides.
It's quite disorganized, but it's ok.
I was able to DL some decent stuff.

ugluk
02-20-2003, 02:08 PM
Brockster, uninstall eDonkey and then install eMule. your windows don't recognise ed2k links, a new install should correct this. and have eMule running when you click a link.

You don't need that high a credit to download, you need time. when you start eMule you're last in the que and you have to wait. a good credit will allow you to jump a couple of positions, but not all the way. (but if you use the buddy feature you can let your friends jump to the top) usually an hour or so and then the downloads will start up. and as soon as you have downloaded a full part, and start to upload the file yourself, things will really start to speed up.

Forevame7189
02-20-2003, 03:43 PM
it took me awhile to actually understand how to use Emule. I installed it twice and then uninstalled it but being tempted i installed it again. There faq is okay not the most understandable but decent. It took me awhile to understand the whole server thing. I like sharereactor though...the site could be faster like fasttrackmovies.com.

P.S: Does Edonkey and EMule have more files then kazaa?

ktuluxx
02-25-2003, 09:08 PM
does kazaa offer search for archieve?? emule can search archieve file so that we can dwnld .zip or .rar...mainly this .zip and .rar file contain compilation of picture...I dunno if kazaa have this capability... :D

MagicNakor
02-26-2003, 04:18 AM
It doesn't, unfortunately.

SideSwiped
02-26-2003, 01:32 PM
eMule's okay, I can d/l at about 80 kBs but I still prefer Kazaa, my upload speed isn't the greatest and I'd rather have 2 or 3 ppl downloading from me at a better speed than having 10 ppl d/ling at 2.00 because I allowed 20 for upload bandwidth.

J'Pol
02-26-2003, 01:52 PM
I think there may be some confusion re the credit system. Here's what it actually says.

Credit System

Every client which connects to you for any reason is remebered by his userhash (this is not your ID or IP).
If this client allows you to download, or you upload to him, emule saves the amount of transfered bytes in a file (clients.met).
Everytime when a client asks you for a file the two transfer values are used to calculate a modifier, which directly affects the asking clients rating and his place in the queue.

Ok here are the technical values:
modifier = (2*uploaded to you) / downloaded form you

So if client X has downloaded 2 Mbyets form you and you 3 MB from him he gets a modifier of (3*2 /2) = 3.0 . That means if he waits in your queue his waiting time counts 3.0 times more than the waiting time of client Y.

However the modifier can not be greater than 10.0 or smaller then 1.0.

All clients with a modifier greater than 1 are indicated by a yellow icon in your uploadwindow.

The credits seem to be between individuals and not the system as a whole. So if someone has provided a lot to you then they will jump up in your queue. Obviously if you supply a lot to a lot of people then you will have high credit, but only with those people.

The highest speed I have reached with emule is 62k. As I have cable this is pretty much as fast as I can go.

MagicNakor
02-27-2003, 02:30 AM
The highest speed I reached with eMule was 115.6k. I almost fainted when I saw that. ;)

Alkazar
02-28-2003, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by Shinigami@17 February 2003 - 21:38
Sharereactor only works with  Edonkey, EMule, Overnet and the like.
Greetings All,

I have also used the Sharereactor links with Shareaza on the Gnutella/Gnutella2 networks and it seemed to work quite well.

Has anyone else had any experience of this Gnutella2 network?

Regards to All.

artmaster88
02-28-2003, 02:38 AM
sharereactor is the best. i use overnet and get downloads of up to 150k/uploads 15k, whereas kazaa i can dl up to 50k all totalled. also the donkey networks shares files before you finished downloading them, that way files spread faster. there are a lot more files, just not as many users (compared to kazaa). all files posted on sr(shortform of sharereactor) are verified and 100% the real deal. like the gary bolton win xp, which can be updated with sp1, maybe even sp2 didn't try. also another site which offers ed2k links is http://www.sharelive.com ... it also has sig2dat links, but they're not very good, cuz they'll always tell you that the file is 0 kb big, untill you find someone, which will take ages. using the donkey had it's benefits, but don't get files that have under 5 sources! they'll be hell to get. also you can set file priorities, that way people get to download more rare files before the widely spread files. btw eMule and eDonkey2000 still use servers, but overnet is serverless. you can get them here: www.overnet.com www.edonkey2000.com www.emuleproject.net

Greetz,
KraZaka

Shinigami_[R.I.P.]
02-28-2003, 02:58 AM
Originally posted by artmaster88@27 February 2003 - 18:38
it also has sig2dat links, but they're not very good, cuz they'll always tell you that the file is 0 kb big, untill you find someone, which will take ages.
Just search fo rthe file manually too. You can't just let Kazaa do all the work now :P