PDA

View Full Version : I'd Lost A File, Help Please !

Jamaica
02-17-2003, 08:33 AM
HI,

I'd finish a download, but I'd lost it, I could'nt find it anywhere in my computer, but I still have the dat. file.

How can I use it to upload the same place where I use to be please ??

thanks

imported_uncle_cracker
02-17-2003, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by Jamaica@17 February 2003 - 09:33
HI,

I'd finish a download, but I'd lost it, I could'nt find it anywhere in my computer, but I still have the dat. file.

How can I use it to upload the same place where I use to be please ??

thanks
did you change your downloading directory with existing .dat files? :o

then you will have a little problem. did you have the .dat file with the same size as the complete file should have, so try to rename the dat, e.g. to .avi if it's an avi file you were downloading.

there are more threads about this here, so come back if this doesn't fixed your problem.

cu

Rocktron
02-17-2003, 08:43 AM
Is the .dat file in your c:\program files\kazaa lite\my shared folder ?

It should resume download!
Or did you place it somewhere else?
So maybe you configured Kazaa to store the new downloads in another folder? It must be the same folder you started the download (i've heard) in order for Kazaa to resume the incomplete download!

Check Options/Kazaa Lite Options/Traffic

Hope it helps!

Jah Bless ;)

Sir_Loki
02-17-2003, 09:40 AM
If the download finished rename the file with the proper extension (.avi for Avi file, .zip for a Zip file). If the download hasn't finished move the .dat file to your download folder or make the download folder were the .dat file is and restart Kazaa.

If it still doesn't work then your fooked.

jetje
02-17-2003, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Sir_Loki@17 February 2003 - 09:40
If the download finished rename the file with the proper extension (.avi for Avi file, .zip for a Zip file).
This is it.... B)

Jamaica
02-17-2003, 11:35 AM
thanks a lot guys, I gone try & let you know, thanks very much

Jamaica
02-17-2003, 11:52 AM
oupssssss, I reput the file in the same dirctory it use to be, & rename it as .avi , I can't read it, I have a message can't acces this type of file !!

I'd tried to rename it in .dat to see if I can restart teh download, but I can't, " flien name .avi.dat how can I suprim tha .avi ??

Jamaica
02-17-2003, 11:55 AM
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS !!!

I DID IT !!!

COOL thanks so much, Your advise works perfectly !!!!

Have a very nice day guys... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D