PDA

View Full Version : Tax Filing Software?

raiserblade2003
12-20-2003, 01:32 AM
do you guys know of any tax filing software i can download for free? my mom says when she gets here tax refund, im gonna get 700 dollars so i want it to be done quickly. she said her friend told her that if you do it electronically, u get the refund faster....so do you guys know of any software? and how hard is it to file the income refund

TheFilePirater
12-20-2003, 01:45 AM
1.) taxes are due april 15th

2.) my parents are tax lawyers and they use "draken" its prolly hard to find but a good proggy

raiserblade2003
12-20-2003, 02:00 AM
Originally posted by TheFilePirater@20 December 2003 - 01:45
1.) taxes are due april 15th

sry i dont mean tax, i mean income refund....though they meant the same thing...its the wu2 thingy....lol the thing u file at around january

skelley521
12-20-2003, 02:13 AM
W2 & 1099 tax forms for filing your tax refund must be filed with the IRS no later than April 15th.
But I understand that you want your money now, we all do....lol.
You have to wait until your employer sends them to you before you can file and I believe they have until the the end of Jan. to get them to you.

raiserblade2003
12-20-2003, 02:16 AM
yea i know she has to wait for the form to arrive but is there any software taht can file the tax for you. or else we have to pay somebody else $50 to enter some stuff into the computer ;) (by taht i mean filing our tax for us lol)

balamm
12-20-2003, 03:24 AM
Emule. I know they have cantax for canadians, they must have the US version too.

Izagaia
12-20-2003, 04:22 AM
The two best known are Turbo Tax and Taxcut. I would recommend the latter due to Turbo Tax containing that dreaded activation crap. I used Taxcut for last years returns to file. However even with using these programs, regardless of whether you have obtained them legitimately or through P2P, you will still be charged a modest fee for filing electronically. I believe I paid $12 to file my federal forms. It would have been around $20US to include state with that. Of course you have to pay by credit card. However I think that turbo Tax included the option to have the fees taken right out of your refund if you choose to go direct deposit into your banking account.

And yet, just to save some ignorant first timer alittle grief and money, if you are planning or are able to use the 1040EZ forms, do not even bother looking into electronic filing. The forms are so damn easy to fill out, they give you the option to file them right over the phone.

If you are looking for a totally "free" route to go for tax filing, you may want to look into your own banking institution's web site. Often they provide their members access to free software and filing under certain circumstances. http://www.irs.gov/ may even be able to provide links for free online filing services and softwares depending upon criteria you need to meet.

raiserblade2003
12-20-2003, 05:54 AM
Originally posted by Izagaia@20 December 2003 - 04:22
The two best known are Turbo Tax and Taxcut. I would recommend the latter due to Turbo Tax containing that dreaded activation crap. I used Taxcut for last years returns to file. However even with using these programs, regardless of whether you have obtained them legitimately or through P2P, you will still be charged a modest fee for filing electronically. I believe I paid $12 to file my federal forms. It would have been around $20US to include state with that. Of course you have to pay by credit card. However I think that turbo Tax included the option to have the fees taken right out of your refund if you choose to go direct deposit into your banking account.

And yet, just to save some ignorant first timer alittle grief and money, if you are planning or are able to use the 1040EZ forms, do not even bother looking into electronic filing. The forms are so damn easy to fill out, they give you the option to file them right over the phone.

If you are looking for a totally "free" route to go for tax filing, you may want to look into your own banking institution's web site. Often they provide their members access to free software and filing under certain circumstances. http://www.irs.gov/ may even be able to provide links for free online filing services and softwares depending upon criteria you need to meet.
no no no no no i refuse to go to any irs site lol....ty for your help....now to wait 3.6 days to get teh thing downloaded from emule. ;)

camille
12-20-2003, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by raiserblade2003@20 December 2003 - 08:32
do you guys know of any tax filing software i can download for free? my mom says when she gets here tax refund, im gonna get 700 dollars so i want it to be done quickly. she said her friend told her that if you do it electronically, u get the refund faster....so do you guys know of any software? and how hard is it to file the income refund
That's good news. I'll tell to my dad.