PDA

View Full Version : Extracting Bin

gildan2020
12-20-2003, 09:22 AM
hi, guys
i've just learnt to use bittorrent and downloaded an app :lol:

the thing is this is a .bin and .cue files...which means they're images that can be burn into cd-r

is it possible to somehow burn those images into a virtual cd such as alcohol 120%, virtual cd 5 etc? i dun hav a cdrw drive :(

perhaps, is there other means of extracting it into hard disk?
plz help, thx

gildan2020

junkyardking
12-20-2003, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by gildan2020@20 December 2003 - 09:22
hi, guys
i've just learnt to use bittorrent and downloaded an app  :lol:

the thing is this is a .bin and .cue files...which means they're images that can be burn into cd-r

is it possible to somehow burn those images into a virtual cd such as alcohol 120%, virtual cd 5 etc? i dun hav a cdrw drive  :(

perhaps, is there other means of extracting it into hard disk?
plz help, thx

gildan2020
Yeah just mount on a virtual drive, personally i prefer using daemon tools http://www.daemon-tools.cc/portal/portal.php but alcohol is ok.

muchspl2
12-20-2003, 09:29 AM
1. Install Daemon Tools
2. On the bottom of your screen there is little icon of Daemon Tools, click it.
3. Click on "Device 0: [H:] No media" (H could also be another letter) and a window pops up.
4. Select the disc image you want to load and click on open.

gildan2020
12-20-2003, 10:58 AM
hey, thanx for recommending that software
it's ez to use

gildan2020 :D

podgey
12-21-2003, 01:38 AM
theres a programme called iso buster but i use one called cdmage have a look around

MadDog-2000
12-21-2003, 02:25 AM
WinISO 5.3 can extract pretty much every type of CD image, including BINs, even without the CUE file. Looks and works very similar to WinZip and is very easy to use. In can also convert BINs to ISOs and vice versa. In addition to all that, it can edit and create CD images (bootable images are also easy to make) by dragging the files into its window. Great program, give it a try and you will love it ;)

muchspl2
12-21-2003, 05:01 AM
whats wrong with you guys, the question was answered

then you guys add horse shit, what the point of extracting or converting bin to iso, I hope you guys know its the biggest waste of time to do such silly things

MadDog-2000
12-22-2003, 05:47 AM
Originally posted by muchspl2@21 December 2003 - 01:01
whats wrong with you guys, the question was answered

then you guys add horse shit, what the point of extracting or converting bin to iso, I hope you guys know its the biggest waste of time to do such silly things
He asked for a program that can extract it into hard disk. And the other information I wrote in my post was simply a short elaboration of the capabilities of the program.

You should refrain from flaming other people simply because they are trying to help. You may not like the ideas or perspectives of other people but that is no reason to label it as horse shit.

muchspl2
12-22-2003, 11:50 AM
do tell why its NOT
you don't need to
its a waste of time/hard drive space
there is simple no need to respond for the sake of responding when its clearly answered unless you think its a better way, If you think that is the best way to do it, please examine why you think so cause its simple a old a busted way of doing it
not trying to flame or come off mean, just want you to understand the poster has replied success
you adding that implies you use that way, just trying to help if you really stand by extracting bin's/iso's

Wizzandabe
12-22-2003, 01:39 PM
http://klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=67574&st=0

Use that guide there. Very easy to use.

MadDog-2000
12-23-2003, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by muchspl2@22 December 2003 - 07:50
do tell why its NOT
you don't need to
its a waste of time/hard drive space
there is simple no need to respond for the sake of responding when its clearly answered unless you think its a better way, If you think that is the best way to do it, please examine why you think so cause its simple a old a busted way of doing it
not trying to flame or come off mean, just want you to understand the poster has replied success
you adding that implies you use that way, just trying to help if you really stand by extracting bin's/iso's
You should not have posted your last comment because it is only a waste of time/hard drive space. :stupid: :lol: Oh, if you read all the posts you would know that he didn't report any success, just that the program is easy to use.

Besides, there are still other people posting. I don't think that my way is a better way. Again, I am simply mentioning another program and some of its features here, so can look at some other stuff if he likes. Please examine your own posts again, maybe you are going to find a lack of politeness and respect for other people's opinions. By the way, I don’t stand by extracting bin's/iso's, he asked for a program that would do it.

muchspl2
12-23-2003, 10:35 AM
unless you tell people why not to, they likely to continue doing something they shouldn't have to ie waste of time
I try to help people your logic seem to hold people back
the way I see it it, if your going to answer a question
that contradicts how even you do it, you explaining the advantages over not doing it, are tell them you can do it that way, but this way is better...
instead, you told what he wanted, when you yourself don't even extract bin's/iso's to your HD

and I read his response as he had success, why would he come back and post why that was easy, if he didn't have a problem, do you really think he still has a problem AFTER he posted that, so he has got it
read between the lines :rolleyes: