PDA

View Full Version : Moral Dilemma

Lilmiss
12-20-2003, 05:49 PM
Listen to CD's you have bought as presents, before you give them away?
I used to be awful for this, then sometimes refused to give them away, resulting in rush bought presents.

Im itching to listen to some CD's I bought for my lil brother, but he will know and beat me up. :(

Just wondering if anyone else goes through this torment?

3rd gen noob
12-20-2003, 05:50 PM
why not just download them? :unsure:

Benno
12-20-2003, 06:02 PM
Or you can burn them

Lilmiss
12-20-2003, 06:06 PM
My comp is as slow as me. :D
It would take till next year to dl them.

Besides, they are only in my bedroom. :ph34r:

Benno, I would still need to open them to burn 'em. :unsure:

Samurai
12-20-2003, 06:11 PM
Use FreeRip (http://www.mgshareware.com/) to rip them to mp3 format ;)

Lilmiss
12-20-2003, 06:21 PM
oh jeez......I give up. :rolleyes:

Samurai
12-20-2003, 06:24 PM
Have you already wrapped them in x-mas paper, or is there plastic around the CD itself? Christmas paper can be replaced and most CD's these days don't have the cases covered in plastic.

N£MO
12-20-2003, 06:26 PM
I bought my son an album and have listened to it already.Not his version i just downloaded my own. :D

Gutter
12-20-2003, 06:28 PM
lilmiss the answer to your problem is sooo easy!

;)

You buy whatever CD you want to give as a present to someone,
you open it, listen to it, rip and burn your own copy, what have you.
when giving the gift to whomever that CD is for let them know:
"I spent all week looking around for this album for you and I finally found a copy of it at the used CD shop"
hence the CD being open.
and it makes you look even more devoted to finding a very special gift for someone.

Besides if they don't let you borrow the very CD you got them afterwords, did they deserve the gift of music after all?

Lilmiss
12-20-2003, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Gutter@20 December 2003 - 18:28
Besides if they don't let you borrow the very CD you got them afterwords, did they deserve the gift of music after all?
:D yeah, I always get to borrow them afterwards, but that can take ages to get it from them. You know what its like when you get a new cd. :P

In the case of my brother, I used to listen to them to see if they were suitable. But he has a good head on him, and I trust him to listen to anything now.
Bless him, he's 13 and listening to all the greats. (Clash, Sex Pistols, Ramones.)
But I bought him Rancid!!!! :(
(im also getting the LP for xmas anyway.)

I have burned a few albums off before giving them away, but I do feel bad afterwards. You wouldnt wear a t-shirt before giving it away. :unsure: Shouldn't you feel some remorse in doing it?

Gutter
12-21-2003, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by lilmiss@20 December 2003 - 11:03
You wouldnt wear a t-shirt before giving it away. :unsure: Shouldn't you feel some remorse in doing it?

clothing and music are two very different gift types
but yes. :rolleyes: I didn't say you wouldn't feel bad doing that but it was only an idea to give their new records a listen.

otherwise i usually ask to borrow a CD from friends all the time

:D