PDA

View Full Version : Deleted Topics In A Trash Can,

internet.news
12-20-2003, 08:39 PM
I think all the topics being deleted should be put into a section called "Deleted Topics" or "Trash Can" or "Everthing Else" as James Bond said.

Today it happened again that 7th deleted a topic from me. And I think this treatment is quite unfair - also if it is something against the board rules - because each thought counts. But: It is ok, to move all the stuff in a trash can and for being fair and opened we should make the Trash can viewable for all users.

Probably with a warning like "All posts in trash can have been deleted and you are looking at them on your own risk! Please keep this in your mind!".

But I do not think it good to censor stuff - or are we living in a Nationalistic Ragime like during World War II, because it seems a little like this :(

J'Pol
12-20-2003, 09:54 PM
So, in essence - when threads are deleted, you think everyone should still be able to see them.

Rappy
12-20-2003, 10:21 PM
no not ones that are deleted ones that are moved i mean certin ones shold not be seen by us but mabe the mods could do a little forum cleaning and move old unused threads to it it has been done on other boards and it think its a good idea ;)

well what he is telling us i don't agree with but a trash can type thing would be good

Lamsey
12-20-2003, 10:27 PM
If a thread is deleted it is deleted for a good reason.

7thElement
12-20-2003, 10:38 PM
Seems like you know more than I do since I didn't delete any topics today... so which topic is it today ?

asmithz
12-20-2003, 10:42 PM
I don't think this is a good idea, just will cause problems.

Guillaume
12-20-2003, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by internet.news@20 December 2003 - 20:39
Today it happened again that 7th deleted a topic from me.
I assume you're talking about this one (http://klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=88901)...

It's been moved to the Lounge! ;)

[B][O][T]
12-20-2003, 10:49 PM
How many of You want to see this:

http://server5.uploadit.org/files2/201203-spam.png

I dont....

BOT

J'Pol
12-20-2003, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by [B][O][T]@20 December 2003 - 23:49
How many of You want to see this:

http://server5.uploadit.org/files2/201203-spam.png

I dont....

BOT
Too late - you made me look at it.

You sly fox.

Rappy
12-20-2003, 11:26 PM
lol no not those the old topics still scattered in the fourms not those :rolleyes:

internet.news
12-21-2003, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by Gurahl+20 December 2003 - 23:46--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Gurahl &#064; 20 December 2003 - 23:46)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-internet.news@20 December 2003 - 20:39
Today it happened again that 7th deleted a topic from me.
I assume you&#39;re talking about this one (http://klboard.ath.cx/index.php? showtopic=88901)...

It&#39;s been moved to the Lounge&#33; ;)[/b][/quote]
It was not mentionend "Moved:" - Normally it is mentioned "Moved:" as Prefix, isn&#39;t it? If not, sorry.

J&#39;Pol: What is "Satlaaa" ? It sounds pretty much like "Satan"? he? I do not know what it should mean, just laughing, someone seems to have pronounciation problems? Or cannot translate his thoughts to words?

huh. But as worst as it is, also this posts should be conserved - we don&#39;t know if they would be useful sometime - also if my logical mind tells me: " This seems to be probably SPAM, or something... not so important ---&#62; or as a mod ask the poster who posted this, if he really really really think it was seriously posted. And only ask him twice and give him 24hours up to one week to answer, if he would not answer. Move this thread...

But I would not delete also if I really wish aas well that unserious threads probably
are sometimes not so important - but that is difficult topic - like others.

internet.news
12-21-2003, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by Mr JP Fugley@21 December 2003 - 01:32
internet.news

You are without doubt an absolute arse. The more of your posts / threads that are deleted the better if you ask me.

To suggest that they should be preserved, because one day they may be useful is totally preposterous.
Which posts do you mean - but it is ok. Just tell what you are thinking - You should know I normally try to post helpful informations.

If you mean the "hmmm..." posts... ok, thest one maybe are not so well...
But it cames a little strong your opinion. But thanks as well. I will consider your thoughts on my posts when posting.

jetje
12-21-2003, 01:49 AM
this has been discussed a few times last week, as lamsey said and 7th and bot showed you.. there is no single use to show deleted topics, what if it&#39;s just plain spam, or offending pics... what would be the use of moving them to a trash can then ??? think it&#39;s good this one will be closed too, not deleted or moved to the trashcan. If you miss a post, just use the search ....