View Full Version : Windows 2000

MeDieViL
12-21-2003, 10:03 AM
well, i want windows 2000 but i cant find it, not on klite or something

plz help
medi :)

ck-uk
12-21-2003, 10:14 AM
You can find quite a few versions mate on emule...I'm downloading a version myself when it decides to finish. :) It was only 20 mins left about an hr ago. :rolleyes:

MeDieViL
12-21-2003, 10:22 AM
i dont like emule lol, its allways staying at a speed of 1kb/s or even 0 here :ph34r:

balamm
12-21-2003, 11:06 AM
Then learn how to set it up right ;)

MeDieViL
12-21-2003, 11:13 AM
anywhay i'm allready downloading from bittorent (burst) from a suprnova torrent :P

balamm
12-21-2003, 11:16 AM
I really hope it's corrupt :D

shn
12-21-2003, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by balamm@21 December 2003 - 05:06
Then learn how to set it up right  ;)
Can you help me set mine up right?http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/f/hump.gif

I dont get much off emule unless its a rare commodity which I know emule will always have if other p2p networks dont.

But the speeds are slow and defeats the purpose of my high speed connection. http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/_950/upset.gif

balamm
12-21-2003, 11:45 AM
Sure, come on over and I'll show ya how :) http://members.shaw.ca/wenpigsfly/smileys2/sneaky.gif http://members.shaw.ca/wenpigsfly/smileys2/smokeing.gif

:P
What did you give it for your connection type? It helps if you lie to it. I set mine to DSL 2000 and all to max. Then I tweak it with netlimiter. It takes a few hours to build up sources and the longer it runs, the faster it should get. If it starts to stall on you, uninstall and reinstall. There's a built in credit when you first install that helps you get into queue a little faster. I've never found the credit system worked anyway, not in my favour anyway.

If you right click on the file and go to all comments/filename, try one of the other files and select "take over"

There's lots of little tweaks you can do but it depends on what's happening at the moment.

Some firewalls will slow things down and no doubt your router will cause some problems with ID as well.

chinook_apache
12-21-2003, 11:46 AM
lol why does he not want to use emule to get win 2k pro???

on emule they have it with sp4. and looking at it there are plenty of sources.

i donwloaded my copy time ago

emule...slow....but corrupt free!!

¶~¥aT§~¶
12-21-2003, 11:50 AM
eMule on windows 98 is slow, on 2000 or XP its ALOT faster

Keikan
12-21-2003, 11:58 AM
Shareza if you want it easier

MeDieViL
12-21-2003, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by balamm@21 December 2003 - 11:16
I really hope it's corrupt :D
shut up you brat :P

meanwhiel i downloaded but its a nrg file, how to extract it so i can install from the hd?

james_bond_rulez
12-21-2003, 12:49 PM
use daemon tools to mount then burn with a burn program, like nero or alcohol ;)

balamm
12-21-2003, 12:50 PM
Got Nero installed? in the control panel, nero image drive, enable, wait for the drivers to load, create first drive, browse to the .nrg and load it. It is now a CD and can be used like any other CD.

MeDieViL
12-21-2003, 12:54 PM
but the problem is my cd burner is broken, so i can only extract it and install from the harddrive :unsure:

muchspl2
12-21-2003, 12:57 PM
just dew it, he told you how

james_bond_rulez
12-21-2003, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by MeDieViL@21 December 2003 - 03:54
but the problem is my cd burner is broken, so i can only extract it and install from the harddrive :unsure:
use daemon tools, search it on google u'll find it

install it, mount the cd image with it then do what u will with the files inside ;)

MeDieViL
12-21-2003, 01:04 PM
thx, i can finally install :)

balamm
12-21-2003, 01:06 PM
If you're going to install it, you'll have to partition anyway or all the install files will be wiped off the c: drive and it'll fail.

You can have the setup program extract all to a temp folder on another partition and install from that.

ck-uk
12-21-2003, 01:56 PM
Yeah balamm it seems ok..well it seems to have burnt ok after 6 atempts. :) I think my burners wanked thou mate its the same with xp now.Its fine with dvds,just wont have anything to do with cdr,wont read them either. :rolleyes:.I just bought a new g/fx card too earlier,when it come in 2-3 wking days i'll install it then.I should've bought a new burner at the same time.

Cheers mate for earlier. :)

balamm
12-21-2003, 09:59 PM
You grabbed the win2k pro did you? I think if you want, I can setup a link for win2k advanced server in a week or 2, or talk to shn and see if she can give you a copy a bit sooner.
It's a lot more advanced for some of the things you're doing and better security too.

ck-uk
12-22-2003, 07:07 AM
Cheers balamm ,no this one"Windows_2000_SP4-4in1_MultiBoot(Professional-Server-Advanced_Server-Datacenter_Server)-VLM"
There was no nfo!,so i went searching for a while for a key,in the end i just chucked advanced server on,as you do mate with it setting there.Luckly it never ask for a key,it installed ok thou no probs.But..after i'd finished installing everything,devices,drivers etc..on boot up it kept giving me an err msg"aleast one service or driver failed on start up,see event viewer".I had a little miss around,no joy so i put win2k pro back until my card comes(which could be today,hopefully!.I'll do everything clean then.I may even bin that burner,anything not working or going my way i cant help myself,i have to fiddle.

Cheers mate. :)

balamm
12-22-2003, 08:43 AM
What probably happened with the service error was, some services shouldn't be installed untill your domain info is registered.

http://bob-kz4d88:2462 or whatever just won't cut it cause it's not in any DNS records.
even http://localhost won't always work.

You need to specify a valid domain name, a valid IP, and a few other things to make it all work. It's best to install only IIS at first and then after startup, go back and add other services one at a time and configure each, restart, and check your results. Then try with the next.

I made that mistake at first too, thinking more is better. Nope :lol:

Oh and be carefull installing DNS. I had it going the first time and crashed the entire gateway. The last time I ran it, I had 2 provinces using me as their DNS server :blink: Kinda kills the bandwidth a bit!