PDA

View Full Version : Running Out Of Room!

rainydayz
02-17-2003, 07:35 PM
:(
Hello,
I am running outa room on my hd. I need to put some movies I have on disc. I have nero(not sure if I am doing it right). I need a Nero for dummies guide to burning. Or a different program that is easier to deal with. I have all different types of formats, vob, avi ,mpeg. Not sure if there is one program that can do it all. I also don't know if my dvd player will play vcd, its fairly new bought last year, is there a way to look for compatability. I am so confused, someone help me please.!!!!

CornerPocket
02-17-2003, 07:37 PM
vcdhelp (http://www.vcdhelp.com). All the help, software, instructions you would find in a "Dummies" handbook, just check out the 'Newbies' section.

DataMore
02-17-2003, 07:40 PM
Running Out Of Room!

So is this board, if you keep double posting. ;)

jetje
02-17-2003, 07:41 PM
that one's fixed by now B)

Sneepboy
02-17-2003, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by rainydayz@17 February 2003 - 13:35
:(
Hello,
I am running outa room on my hd. I need to put some movies I have on disc. I have nero(not sure if I am doing it right). I need a Nero for dummies guide to burning. Or a different program that is easier to deal with.
You might try "Nero Express". It should be included with your Nero software and it simplifies burning disks.

vivitron 15
02-17-2003, 07:43 PM
see above, if not, search the forum for

conversion

vcd encoding

and stuff like that...there's hundereds of posts. i should know, i always seem to end up in them.

could we have a seperate forum for this (like this post is in General Q's)??

It could be

"Conversions/Encoding/Filetypes
Any questions on how to copy CDs, or what to do with your downloads welcome here"

CornerPocket
02-17-2003, 08:08 PM
could we have a seperate forum for this (like this post is in General Q's)??

It could be

"Conversions/Encoding/Filetypes
Any questions on how to copy CDs, or what to do with your downloads welcome here"

vivitron 15,
I feel ya man, but adding a topic section here and there will eventually clutter up the board making it look like 5:00 o'clock traffic in Los Angeles :o The main objective is to make it as informative as possible without that look. Despite having a valid point, the 'General Questions and Problems' section is just that, things in general outside other topic forums :)

PcH
02-18-2003, 01:44 AM
Here are some tips to save space:

Make sure you have FAT32 [not FAT16] if you are running Windows.
Run a Disk Cleanup by going to Start->Programs->Accessories->System Tools->Disk Cleanup.
Compress as many downloads as you can with WinRAR (http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm).
Uninstall programs by going to Start->Settings->Control Panel->Add/Remove Programs.

Nightwolf
02-18-2003, 02:54 AM
Originally posted by rainydayz@17 February 2003 - 14:35
...I need to put some movies I have on disc....
Your movies will have to be split first, which you can do with TMPGenc (http://www.tmpgenc.com). That can be a bit of a pain though. If you just want to burn them with Nero, you should always try to download movies that are already split into two .mpg's. You can try two .avi's, but sometimes Nero has problems with them.

ToraBoraDweller
02-18-2003, 06:07 AM
? :unsure: ? What are you keeping VOB-files on y'r HD for? Those you
must rid of first!

also enable Nero's wizard; if you have problems after that you can be
more specific with your questions.

Supernatural
02-18-2003, 03:26 PM
You can also lower the amount of space system restore and recycle bin use.

jagger
03-16-2003, 11:52 PM
Having the same problem. My hard disk is all most full. (80g) half of which is Kazaa Lite and my Shared folder related.

Tried TMCGenc but splitting the movie files to burn onto CDs just don't work. Tried different settings but I keep getting error codes when I start the final process of the program.

Tried different formats, different folders to save the split in both CD and in hard drive folders. So far nothing works in the final process.

I'm running Windows XP on a 2gz machine with 1gig of memory. I've heard the slider control sometimes is a part of the error but I even bypassed that by typing in the endding point number the next time around.

Shinigami_[R.I.P.]
03-17-2003, 12:00 AM
Instead of making them viewable on a DVD player, just burn them as DATA (i'm talking about .avi's now). It saves time on encoding. After you clear you space up, then try encoding and such.

@jagger: Encode the whole movie and then split it. Make sure you extracted the WAV from the .avi and then chose the avi for the video and the wav for the audio then try encoding.

@original poster: .vob's are for DVD so unless you have a DVD burner and DVD-R/RW's, your stuck. You also said you had .mpg's... Make sure they're less than 700 megs (or unless you have bigger discs) and burn as a VideoCD. If they're bigger than 700 megs, you can split them. As for avi's, do what I said above.

accat13
03-17-2003, 12:16 AM
Shinigami's right
Posted on 16 March 2003 - 19:00
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Instead of making them viewable on a DVD player, just burn them as DATA (i'm talking about .avi's now). It saves time on encoding. After you clear you space up, then try encoding and such.
You will need the space when you decide to start converting have a look around this site vcdhelp (http://www.dvdrhelp.com/convert) my prefrence is tmpgenc. Then burn with nero express...(i wouldn't convert with nero the results may not be great) the conversion process is lengthy but worth it nero seems to burn fairly fast... PS. hardrive are getting cheaper...

jagger
03-18-2003, 03:06 AM
Whoa! Hey I'm new to encoding but I'm only running Roxio's Cd Creater and I don't have a DVD Recorder just a CD-RW. Extracting the wave file???

Help me please....I don't understand how this is done. The video files running from 670 to 780kb are what I need to split to burn onto 650mb CDs. I can burn them as data files once this is done. Burning my CDs as VCDs just don't seem to be enabled in Roxio's software although the option is there, it is grayed out when setting up my CD burner. Basically all I can do is drag and drop, or set it up for music or a data CD.

I've been able to burn those cheap TMD movies that are already split to a usable size but the good DVD burns above 650mb are what I'm trying to split with TMPGenc application.