PDA

View Full Version : I Just Got Me An Xbox

Rip The Jacker
12-22-2003, 04:31 AM
I just bought an Xbox, great system. I heard from a friend that it's bad to leave your Xbox (or any other console) on carpet. Anyone know if this is true?

Salim
12-22-2003, 04:34 AM
I have had mine on carpet for a while it is still on carpet now, yeh no problem just cover it with a towel to keep from dust getin it, the fan is not on the bottom of the xbox but on the side of the back, so its ok.

raiserblade2003
12-22-2003, 05:02 AM
i would guess so, unless you're worried about static...but if thats a prob, it should say something about that in the manuel

joker23
12-22-2003, 05:15 AM
i got my xbox when it first came out and its been on the rug all that time and its fine. just dont let it dust up.

ps salim

SHENMUE SERIOUS RULES! I LOVE THAT PIC U HAVE OF SHENMUE :D
I CANT WAIT TIL PART 3

Nightwolf
12-22-2003, 10:20 AM
That's a good question. I remember reading that it was bad to leave your PS1 on a carpet. I was so worried about it I cut a piece of paneling just big enough to set mine on whenever I pulled it out from under the TV to play. :lol: I've never heard that about the Xbox though, but I think it has better ventilation so it might not be a problem.

phAnt0m buRn
12-22-2003, 11:41 AM
There is probably no problem with leaving your XBOX on the carpet.

When I take my Cube downstairs, I put it on the carpet (which is very thick).

I have never had any problem with it.

So you shouldn't too.

Anyway, your XBOX will be as snug as a bug in a rug on your carpet.

It's all about making your console comfortable.

Mon GameCube est tres tres confortable dans le salon.

TRshady
12-22-2003, 11:55 AM
Well, I just got an x-box too! :D
Aint no way im leaivng it on the carpet though, placed moine over my video on the tv stand. You should always place your xbox on a flat surface which is how it should be and definetly not on a rug, all kinda dust gets in easier and it does block ventilation :(

Aaron_T
12-22-2003, 05:49 PM
it should be OK on the FLOOR but you should put something under it to protect it from static i remember with my PS2 it nearly broke from all of the dust particles but it was on the floor for a year! :)

h121589
12-22-2003, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by TRshady@22 December 2003 - 11:55
Well, I just got an x-box too! :D
Aint no way im leaivng it on the carpet though, placed moine over my video on the tv stand. You should always place your xbox on a flat surface which is how it should be and definetly not on a rug, all kinda dust gets in easier and it does block ventilation :(
me neither i wouldnt put it on the floor i keep mine on the table

mts04988
12-22-2003, 06:43 PM
if u read the manual that came with the XBOX (i'm ashamed to say it - but yes i skimmed thru it) it specifically says NOT to place it on a rug and on a hard surface to maintain its lifespan - not like i actually listen but thats what it says.

TNTIcemanTNT
12-22-2003, 06:49 PM
I usually place my consoles on a wooden shelf or something, they have those little plastic tabs that keep them off a surface anyway by about 5mm. My consoles have had a very long life, none of them died yet, even my nes! and had them all under my TV on a wooden shelf.

NeoTheOne
12-22-2003, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by TNTIcemanTNT@22 December 2003 - 10:49
I usually place my consoles on a wooden shelf or something, they have those little plastic tabs that keep them off a surface anyway by about 5mm. My consoles have had a very long life, none of them died yet, even my nes! and had them all under my TV on a wooden shelf.
same here

Salim
12-22-2003, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by joker23@22 December 2003 - 05:15
i got my xbox when it first came out and its been on the rug all that time and its fine. just dont let it dust up.

ps salim

SHENMUE SERIOUS RULES! I LOVE THAT PIC U HAVE OF SHENMUE :D
I CANT WAIT TIL PART 3
Yeh shenmue rules! I cant wait till I hear a date for 3! I havent beat 2 yet so thats why I'm waiting, and also, I dont have anywhere else to place my xbox except on the carpet, it used to be on wooden floor at my old house now that I moved its gota stay on the carpet. So I hope mine will be ok.

Rip The Jacker
12-23-2003, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by mts04988@22 December 2003 - 10:43
if u read the manual that came with the XBOX (i'm ashamed to say it - but yes i skimmed thru it) it specifically says NOT to place it on a rug and on a hard surface to maintain its lifespan - not like i actually listen but thats what it says.
Then it's settled. I took some random book and placed it on my carpet, under my Xbox.

DWk
12-23-2003, 01:55 AM
dont be ashamed of reading the manuals....

theres a line between ignorance and shame....and its a big one :angry:

manuals rule!