PDA

View Full Version : Lord Of The Rings

dwightfry
12-22-2003, 03:47 PM
I am considering getting dvd rips of the 3 movies and making them all one movie, but editing it down so that it is only 5 or 6 hours. I know there are fans who have to have the extended versions, but I think a condensed versions would be really useful for people who don't have enough time to watch all 10 hours of the movies, or parties and such. Would it be worth my time? Do you think fans would get angry?

TheFilePirater
12-22-2003, 03:51 PM
DIE-HARD fans would like the extended vers...but break it down into 1hr parts and put like 10-15 intermissions...

btw, the LOTR-ROTK just came out, so the dvd rip wont be out for prolly another few months

dwightfry
12-22-2003, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by TheFilePirater@22 December 2003 - 09:51
DIE-HARD fans would like the extended vers...but break it down into 1hr parts and put like 10-15 intermissions...

btw, the LOTR-ROTK just came out, so the dvd rip wont be out for prolly another few months
Yeah, I was going to start the first 2 soon. I figuared by the time I got done with those, a good copy of ROTK should be out.

I'm just worried that fans would think that I'm 'destroying art' or something like that....which I would understand.

Rock Tonic Juice Magic
12-23-2003, 12:39 AM
Dont Destroy the ART nooooooooooooooo&#33; :lol: <_< :angry:

Stonecoldfreak1
12-23-2003, 02:20 AM
do it&#33; but make it only like 3 hours... i cant even stand watching one of them in one sitting its just horrid :rolleyes: anyway i might help you with it because i can see my self getting into something like that because i know a shitload of people who dont like watching the movies in one sitting

Alex H
12-23-2003, 03:16 AM
I like FilePirater&#39;s idea, making them into 1/2 our or 1 hour episodes. There is way too much cool stuff in the LOTR movies, and if you cut out the boring bits the balance of the story would be thrown off and you&#39;d end up with 2 hours of continuous fight and battle scenes.

Stonecoldfreak1
12-23-2003, 03:31 AM
Originally posted by Alex H@23 December 2003 - 03:16
I like FilePirater&#39;s idea, making them into 1/2 our or 1 hour episodes. There is way too much cool stuff in the LOTR movies, and if you cut out the boring bits the balance of the story would be thrown off and you&#39;d end up with 2 hours of continuous fight and battle scenes.
i slept thru half of the movies and still understood it :P

Adster
12-23-2003, 04:13 AM
no i couldn&#39;t watch a movie edited

swarnel
12-23-2003, 10:07 AM
no i couldn&#39;t watch a movie edited

Im a bit the same but lodr is hell long and if its edited well i wouldnt mind watching the shortened versions.

So go for it dwightfry i cant wait. ;)

{I}{K}{E}
12-23-2003, 10:08 AM
making a &#39;smaller&#39;&#39; version would take even longer then watching all the 3 movies :D :D :D

dwightfry
12-23-2003, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Alex H@22 December 2003 - 21:16
Actually....I was planning on cutting battle scenes down too...but not too much. I am going to try to keep the movies as balanced as possible. I&#39;m not planning on cutting out any part of the story lines or anything. I know there is a bunch of flashbacks from 2 towers I could cut, and when I get ROTK I will DEFINETLY be shortening the ending.

I will try to start with getting the rips today.

BTW-I don&#39;t think it would be possible to cut it down to anything less then 5 hours, even 6 hours is going to be difficult.

Wizard_Mon1
12-23-2003, 09:08 PM
if you want to dwightfry but i probably wouldnt watch it. after reading the books i like to watch teh whole thing. im still annoyed about them cutting tom bombabil from the first film so in cutting, you mess with a classic story and you delete a lot of info that makes it a classic.
for people that cant be bothered to watch it all the way throught you don&#39;t have to watch it at all. :P