PDA

View Full Version : Fastest Ripper?

nectros
02-18-2003, 04:20 AM
Just wondering what you guys and gals use to rip audio cd's...... Currently I only rip at a blazin 6-8x ....is this normal? oh, by the way, I use Easy CDDA extractor. I'm extracting and converting to MP3 at the same time as well. I guess you guys can tell this is pretty new to me.

Rocktron
02-18-2003, 11:08 AM
Hi,

i use AudioCatalyst from Xing! Rips fast if your cdrom can handle it! (Superspeed)
But i think that slower is better!

AudioCatalyst rips the songs in Joint Stereo! 3 channel stereo! Sounds amazing!
If you're gonna use Audiocatalyst go to settings/general and sellect the ASPI Tab for speed settings.
I select the MSCDEX Tab and don't change a thing!

Good Luck!

summerlinda
02-18-2003, 11:59 AM
I use Exact Audio Copy (ripper) and LAME (encoding)
-------> How To (http://www.chrismyden.com/nuke/modules.php?op=modload&name=Elite_DAE&file=painless)
I dont know if its fast (have nothing to compare) but its good quality.
It uses VBR (Variable Bitrate) in which the sound is encoded with a non-constant bitrate. This VBR provides higher quality of the same file size. Wich means the bitrate fluctuates throughout the song during complex parts of the song it rises up to 320kb/s, And then during 'simple' parts it goes down to 60kb/s, so you save diskspace.

CornerPocket
02-18-2003, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by nectros@17 February 2003 - 22:20
Just wondering what you guys and gals use to rip audio cd's...... Currently I only rip at a blazin 6-8x ....is this normal? oh, by the way, I use Easy CDDA extractor. I'm extracting and converting to MP3 at the same time as well. I guess you guys can tell this is pretty new to me.
Increasing burning speed is based on your cdr drive, whatever the max is determines the max speed...4x, 8x, 12x, 16x, 24x, 32x, 40x, 48x, etc..........and the bank cd-r max speed as well. If you have a burner that can burn at max 24x but the cd-r only has a max of 12x, then 12x is the max.

imported_computerfreak76
02-18-2003, 01:40 PM
hey corner he is talking about ripping speed not burning speed.

nectros the best ripper ive used is musicmatch jukeboxs built in ripper it rips cds for me up to 26x easy cdda didnt do it that fast.

boogie_knights
02-18-2003, 01:40 PM
I personally use Musicmatch Jukebox for ripping or basic converting of files. I have had vary speeds ripping, sometimes its high, sometimes its low, i think it depends on the cd you're ripping too.

BK

summerlinda
02-18-2003, 01:49 PM
Remember that fast is not equal to good quality, if you want the best quality you should not use MusicMatch.
(imho)

CornerPocket
02-18-2003, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by computerfreak76@18 February 2003 - 07:40
hey corner he is talking about ripping speed not burning speed.

nectros the best ripper ive used is musicmatch jukeboxs built in ripper it rips cds for me up to 26x easy cdda didnt do it that fast.

Like I said, besides all things play a part in the end.................... :D

i think it depends on the cd you're ripping too.

Rips fast if your cdrom can handle it

imported_computerfreak76
02-18-2003, 01:55 PM
why not?
ive used musicmatch for over 2 years and ive been selling custom cds for over 2 years and i havent had 1 complaint yet as far as sound quality goes.

the biggest thing when it comes to ripping is the quality of the cd itself if the condition of the cd is almost perfect then you will get almost perfect mp3s or whatever.

my personal advice is IF you are going to buy cds in the store take them home rip them and put the originals away.

Luca_Snipes
02-18-2003, 09:40 PM
I currently use Easy CDDA extractor 4.7.1 (much better than 5 imo), and average at 15x, the speed you do the rip & compress at all depends on the drive & CPU respectively, i personly rip to 192VBR mp3's using the lame encoder (gotta be the best), hooked upto £000's worth of HI-FI - while doesn't sound as good as the CD it's still good (any one had a chance to sample DVD-A yet??)

As for those ppl using music match, play the MP3's through a decent seperates Hi-Fi and it sounds awful....

imported_computerfreak76
02-18-2003, 10:02 PM
i play my mp3's ripped from MUSICMATCH through my kenwood home stereo and it sounds just as good as a cd.

Mivaro
02-18-2003, 10:06 PM
Here's (http://www.afterdawn.com/articles/archive/mydeneaclame.cfm) a link you should read.

Of course it all depends on how good your ears are :lol: , so i guess computerfreak76's are not better then mine...

imported_computerfreak76
02-18-2003, 10:20 PM
just to let you know musicmatch supports vbr mp3 ripping and i will tell you this much you can only get sound thats equal to the cd so stop your fucking musicmatch bashing.

plus i used easy cdda extractor from 99 till about a year or two ago and now i prefer musicmatch.

Sid
02-18-2003, 10:33 PM
Hey computerfreak you dont know what your talking about. Musicmatch is just ok, but if you want the best audio quality use EAC and LAME. THEY ARE THE BEST, there is absolutely no question about.
@ rocktron AudioCatalyst uses the worst encoder i've heard, Xing cuts out all the highs and it sounds like shit, even when encoding at a very high quality.

summerlinda
02-18-2003, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by computerfreak76@18 February 2003 - 23:20
just to let you know musicmatch supports vbr mp3 ripping and i will tell you this much you can only get sound thats equal to the cd so stop your fucking musicmatch bashing.

plus i used easy cdda extractor from 99 till about a year or two ago and now i prefer musicmatch.
We are not bashing!
Nectros aked for our opinions, en so we provide :)
If you wanna use MM, thats oke with us, but we prefer (in my case) EAC and (in most case) LAME because we believe those are better than MM :D
[edit nectros name]

kazzalitesucks
02-18-2003, 11:12 PM
i use windows meida player 8 to rip but you need the intervideo mp3 xpack to be able to rip in mp3
and its simple and efficient and also get the folder covers.

kazzalitesucks
02-18-2003, 11:20 PM
i use windows meida player 8 to rip but you need the intervideo mp3 xpack to be able to rip in mp3
and its simple and efficient and also get the folder covers.

musicmatch sucks it takes ages opening up the program and is more liable to crash but its ok for ripping and burning. I would not advise if you got a under athlon 1800xp

i got 2ghz comp
2x120mb wd hd in raid 0
512 ddr 2100