PDA

View Full Version : Merry Xmas

UKMan
12-23-2003, 08:37 AM
To some of you i wish:
A Very Merry Xmas & Happy New Year

To the babes, especially the Aussie ones, i wish:
Not only a Merry Xmas, but a long and prosperous New Year with lots of nice pressies and extremely erotic moments.

To the others i wish:
That you get a life, stop bitching, hiding behind long clever words to make yourselves look good when in fact you are just pathetic. The Lounge is not as it used to be, its unwelcoming and unpleasant - frequented by egotistical "know it alls" who dont have a clue about being pleasant.

I'm outa here - now continue slinging shit at one another whilst i enjoy what precious time i have left on this mad planet.

UKMan

Tormentor
12-23-2003, 09:22 AM
I no what you mean when i first came here the lounge kicked ass.

JONNO_CELEBS
12-23-2003, 09:34 AM
Another one bites the dust.

Thats a shame, UKman came back in after a long break because of all this shit and here a few weeks later he's leaving because the same reason.

It does seem there is a lot of arguing and the language now is atrocious.

This place really has changed, I only been here about 9 months but it's so different to how it was then.

Sorry to loose you UKman :(

Jonno B)

I.am
12-23-2003, 09:44 AM
Merry Xmas to you as well Ukman! I just want to be in "some" :D

Not a babe here neither an Aussie, but hey
Happy New Year! and may you have some ****** moments too :)

swarnel
12-23-2003, 09:44 AM
later UKMan,
i have also seen a downfall in not just the lounge but the whole forum
as a result i have found myself visiting and posting in the boards less

ps. im aussie but im a male, can i still have an erotic christmas tho?

Adster
12-23-2003, 09:54 AM
I'm an Aussie don't know about babe though :unsure:

but yep i agree I hardly come to the lounge now it isn't what it used to be at all I get here and see 14 pages of a thread and just couldn't be bothered reading it.

and the same old same old topics being started everyday "how did you get your member name" "who's your favorite Member": just goes on and on

then we have the "come to my forum" I am so sick to fuck with those "come to my forum threads" then we have the flaming.

and the other day "Who hates me" about 4 threads of that

Lets not forget the racist threads also recently

well.... psot counts counting in the lounge too also has fucked this place up worse

I'm staying in Musicworld where things are good. and will come into here occasionally when there is a half decent topic

@Ukman

Merry Christmas too you too

have a good one

sorry to see you leave it was fun talking too you

Good luck mate

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
12-23-2003, 10:34 AM
:huh: Damn UKMan.Hope I did not do anything. :huh:

:( Enjoy what time you have left on this Planet away from the fucking computer.It was nice to meet you and some of us around here will miss UKMan. :(

RGX
12-23-2003, 11:05 AM
Bye UKMan, I hope you one day return

Rocktron
12-23-2003, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by UKMan@23 December 2003 - 09:37
To some of you i wish:
A Very Merry Xmas & Happy New Year

I just quote the Christmas thing because... i have a question UKMan.

Most of us regulars don't hang much on the board anymore.
We are getting a bit old for that i think?

So please don't be angry and don't leave because of "some" people.
I must say, we missed you these last weeks on Soulseek and we were talking about your where abouts.

My advise is: Don't leave just because some people talk shit, but stay for the people that care just as much as we care about you. ;)

god-of-rock
12-23-2003, 11:39 AM
We'll miss you UKMan!

(and sorry bout that Led Zeppelin-thing ;-)

(edit: and by the way Rocktron is right)

J'Pol
12-23-2003, 12:19 PM
Good luck with all you do. I sincerely hope that you enjoy the precious time you have left. You are of course absolutely correct in deciding not to waste it on things which you no longer enjoy.

Thanks for all the music. Rest assured I am sharing it with others.

May the road rise to meet you.

Ella
12-23-2003, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by J'Pol@23 December 2003 - 21:19
Good luck with all you do. I sincerely hope that you enjoy the precious time you have left. You are of course absolutely correct in deciding not to waste it on things which you no longer enjoy.

Maybe it's just me, but you make UK Man sound terminally ill! Perhaps he's just elsewhere in cyberspace?

But the Lounge is way to mundane for me these days too...lots of testosterone and identical threads. Music World is not much better.... :rolleyes:

J'Pol
12-23-2003, 12:49 PM
Sorry if it came across that way - this is what he said

whilst i enjoy what precious time i have left

I was just responding to his own words, not meaning to be offensive. If it came across that way to anyone then my apologies.

Spider_dude
12-23-2003, 12:58 PM
i concur, the way ukman put it "precious time" made me think he was ill also, we all know he isn't in the best of health, i assumed the worst from his statement. get better soon ukman, and come back to slsk for some of my newly ripped bob dylan.

cowswithguns
12-23-2003, 12:59 PM
Hey UK....and Merry Christmas too :*

Being one of the Aussie female contingency (not sure about Babe though LOL) I wish you well and hope you have a fun time next year.

Take care :wub:

AussieSheila
12-23-2003, 01:34 PM
:) @ Spiderdude, UK is in perfect health, he just doesn't like it much here anymore. Speaking of which, who upset BigBoab?

;) @Cowsy, you are Aussie and a babe, I've met you, I know.

<_< J&#39;Pol, for a supposedly intelligent man you&#39;re really not very bright are you?

My absence is no doubt unnoticed because I am unpopular on this board (only this board, funny &#39;bout that) but I am only here now because I was given the link to UK&#39;s thread. I find this an unpleasant place to be as well. I try every now and then but get nastied out every time.

Have a good Christmas, we will&#33;

:D

MediaSlayer
12-23-2003, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by AussieSheila@23 December 2003 - 13:34
Speaking of which, who upset BigBoab?

i have a pretty good idea of why he left, but i would prefer to tell you in pm, than out loud. so pm me if u want.

swarnel
12-23-2003, 02:22 PM
well its nice to see all the old members of the forum posting here again ;)
remember the times when all the verifieds were together in the one forum (games music software altogether) and not many people had joined the board

Honey
12-23-2003, 02:30 PM
UKbabe... you already know what I think...
and I know I&#39;ll get to tell you many more times between now and Christmas... :)

but thanx for all your support.. especially last night when a certain someone was trying his damndest to "stomp" all over me.

You have a Merry Christmas ... though Im already sure you will&#33; http://honey.funkychickz.co.uk/hug.gif

Snee
12-23-2003, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by AussieSheila@23 December 2003 - 14:34
My absence is no doubt unnoticed because I am unpopular on this board (only this board, funny &#39;bout that) but I am only here now because I was given the link to UK&#39;s thread. I find this an unpleasant place to be as well. I try every now and then but get nastied out every time.

Have a good Christmas, we will&#33;

:D
I like ya&#33; Though we haven&#39;t talked much.

As for UKman leaving, I think it&#39;s a shame, an&#39; I hope he has a great christmas, whatever else he&#39;s doing. :)

That&#39;s two o&#39; my favourite blokes leavin&#39; KLF now, in a very short while. :(

AussieSheila
12-23-2003, 02:51 PM
:) Awwww&#33; Thanks Sunny, I like you too dude. I&#39;ll be at Jonno&#39;s more often, I see BB was logged in there this afternoon. I hope he goes on posting there. It would be too sad a loss otherwise. UK posts there a bit too, and at Rikk & Cowsy&#39;s and The Cavern. The nice people are still around.

;)

Snee
12-23-2003, 03:07 PM
I&#39;m not at the Cavern or R & C&#39;s, prolly because there&#39;s no more room in my sig :D

But I&#39;ll see you elsewhere then, though I haven&#39;t been there lately. :)

AussieSheila
12-23-2003, 03:13 PM
:P Yeah, lots of the old members and a good few new ones are going there again. It&#39;s a nice place to be. The other two ain&#39;t bad either. There&#39;s a distinct lack of nastiness about all of them, which makes them all a nice place to be.

:)

RGX
12-23-2003, 03:17 PM
The kl-board is just going through a bad patch, stick with it, if respected members leave it&#39;ll only get worse

Snee
12-23-2003, 03:20 PM
Yeah, well, bb had his reasons. <_<

If we can we&#39;ll get them back. :)

UKman wasn&#39;t happy about things either. :(

Hey, RGX, on this other forum I know you&#39;d be banned on account on having yer system-specs in yer sig, wanna join? :D

Virtualbody1234
12-23-2003, 03:34 PM
I&#39;m sorry to see you leave UKMan.

I hope you enjoy you holidays&#33;

Take care.

Skweeky
12-23-2003, 03:35 PM
http://www.dopey.net/goat.gif

(don&#39;t take offence in this, Ukkie will understand)

UKMan
12-23-2003, 03:42 PM
I am not ill, at least not terminally - thx for the concerns. :rolleyes:

And i refuse to be part of something no loger enjoyable - when it changes, i might reconsider - AGAIN&#33;&#33;

Being in nature a rather possitive individual i allways hope for the best, ive been proven wrong here many times, so i aint giving it much hope.

SoulSeek individuals need not worry, i will return, when i get my damn HD back.

Skweeky
12-23-2003, 03:45 PM
You can have my old HD. It&#39;s 4.2 GB&#33; :lol: :lol:

*big hug*

RGX
12-23-2003, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by SnnY@23 December 2003 - 15:20
Yeah, well, bb had his reasons. <_<

If we can we&#39;ll get them back. :)

UKman wasn&#39;t happy about things either. :(

Hey, RGX, on this other forum I know you&#39;d be banned on account on having yer system-specs in yer sig, wanna join? :D
lol, why would they possibly ban you if you had PC specs in your sig? :huh:

weird forum, im up for it :D

Snee
12-23-2003, 03:52 PM
First in my sig, not much action there rite now though :-"

And I have no idea :D

Nice to see UKman here, however briefly :)

Infested Cats
12-23-2003, 04:11 PM
I understand what you mean UKMan. I&#39;ve been here quite some time now, and the lounge certainly has changed. Though, you must admit it has had its fair share of good times too.

In the words of JimF/J&#39;Pol (whether they be true or not):

There are to many wankers about just now for the good guys to leave.

We have lost enough of the real members already.

I hope you reconsider.

MediaSlayer
12-23-2003, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by UKMan@23 December 2003 - 15:42
SoulSeek individuals need not worry
amen, brother&#33;

jetje
12-23-2003, 04:48 PM
well hope to catch you on Soulseek UK&#33; Also wish you will visit here once and a while....

But anyways a merry christmas to you... Hope to meet you soon B)

muchspl2
12-23-2003, 05:31 PM
good ridance?

well I hope I didn&#39;t do anything, hope you come back after a rest :)

and if you read this marry christmas and happy new year

UKMan
12-23-2003, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Infested Cats@23 December 2003 - 17:11
I understand what you mean UKMan. I&#39;ve been here quite some time now, and the lounge certainly has changed. Though, you must admit it has had its fair share of good times too.

There are to many wankers about just now for the good guys to leave.

I hope you reconsider.
I DONT think he was referring to me IC <_<

Spider_dude
12-23-2003, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by Infested Cats@23 December 2003 - 16:11

There are too many wankers about just now for the good guys to leave.

I hope you reconsider.
i think if j&#39;pol was to say that he would of least got the grammar correct.

Smooch
12-23-2003, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by RGX@23 December 2003 - 14:17
The kl-board is just going through a bad patch

IMO, it&#39;s been like this for the past 6-8 months.

J'Pol
12-23-2003, 06:46 PM
If I remember correctly that is something I sent to IC when he was leaving the board a while back. He was leaving and I thought it was a bad thing for the board as a whole. I think it was in a PM, but I could be mistaken, I often am.

With regard to UKMan leaving, I think it is a shame. He has been a member of this board for a long time. He is one of the most rational people here and always tries to keep things even-handed and calm. He will, without question be missed. He was exactly the type of member I was talking to when I made that comment to IC. He has earned the respect of myself and many others, by the way he has conducted himself here.

However if he no longer enjoys the board and feels that it has evolved into something which he no longer wishes to be a part, then that is his decision. I fully agree with his position, why waste your time on things which you don&#39;t like.

I have had a look at a couple of the places he is now frequenting and they are not the sort of material I enjoy. However that is not a value judgment, it is all down to personal taste. If he is happy there, then that is all to the good. I am sure he will enhance those boards in the same way that he has this one.

Let me say it again - I have always thought you a sound person and a good member. We have had a few laughs together, both here and on soulseek. Remember you went thro&#39; your Moriarty phase. That was a bit of sport.

I wish you nothing but the best and trust I will see you about. Take care old man.

The game&#39;s afoot.

RGX
12-23-2003, 06:46 PM
you joined at the end of september, the equivilent of 3 months ago :huh:

Do you have a different account?

J'Pol
12-23-2003, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Smooch+23 December 2003 - 19:42--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Smooch @ 23 December 2003 - 19:42)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-RGX@23 December 2003 - 14:17
The kl-board is just going through a bad patch

IMO, it&#39;s been like this for the past 6-8 months. [/b][/quote]
Your joining date is 26 September.

Smooch
12-23-2003, 06:52 PM
I was a viewer only up until then :ph34r:

J'Pol
12-23-2003, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by Smooch@23 December 2003 - 19:52
I was a viewer only up until then :ph34r:
You viewed only for 3-5 months.

To each their own I suppose. Was this even during the period when non-members could not actually view most of the forum.

Smooch
12-23-2003, 06:58 PM
:blink:

RGX
12-23-2003, 07:04 PM
True, if you had been around back then then you couldnt have viewed most of the forum without registering

j2k4
12-23-2003, 07:05 PM
Are we going to lose all the stalwarts of this board?

UKMan-you always struck me as having a bit more pluck and mettle; why must you do this?

We all OWN a wee chunk of this board-defend yours-speak your piece, have your say, whatever-but don&#39;t just give up&#33;

You have been a calming influence on the board, and you have work to do here. ;)

RGX
12-23-2003, 07:11 PM
I honestly hope that our senior members stay, they keep the board alive

Its sad to see people abandon the forum they spent so much time on

Anyone else who is thinking of leaving, stick it out, it&#39;ll get better if you and others stay.

thewizeard
12-23-2003, 07:57 PM
What is going on? I have been away for a couple of days and everyone is leaving&#33; :(